1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Super Mario retires.

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Sydax, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well he is a grand-dad. I'm suprised that he ever came back to be honest.
    Legend in his time though.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Bah, I was expecting this to be about the video game. :grr:

4. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I doubt Nintendo would retire Super Mario, seeing how much he makes money :D

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Poor guy. All the stories just seem to go on about how he was only the SECOND best player of the era, as if that was something bad. Second best! Out of how many thousands? In a sport that quite a lot of people seem to follow. Sounds pretty good to me!

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Again?!?! He's only 'retired' 3 times already!

@Fel - Yeah, I was expecting something about Luigi taking over the Princess rescuing business. :lol:

7. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I agree with you Harbs.
    Oh yeah kuemper, again, but this seems to be the last time.

Being a matter of the Playground forum, I'd hardly talk about the neverending moustache guy games here, besides, like Goli said, Nintendo won't quit the golden eggs chicken, so relax, we'll still have a new Mario game every year.

8. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

It's only the second time he's retired.

Anyways. This sucks. He's my all time favourite player, he's the player that got me into hockey. Without Mario Lemieux I never would've taken such and interest in hockey. He's the reason that a small town boy from small town Alberta cheers for the Pittsburgh Penguins. In the Land of Gretzky I carry the Lemieux flag with pride.

My girlfriend said I got teary eyed when I watched a tribute thing for him.

9. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Oh please! The guy's a legend! He takes on all sorts of evils everyday while being among the top in tennis golf and kart racing! I doubt this character will be retiring anytime soon! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.