1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Superman Returns

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by kuemper, Jun 30, 2006.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Anyone seen it yet? Does it look as cartoony in the theaters as the trailers do on tv? I have to say Brandon Routh, even though he's from Iowa, looks like he's wearing a bad 70s wig.

2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oh but it's a must see, if only for Kevin Spacey and Bryan Singer!

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31

My brother saw it opening night and he liked it. I may try to see it while I am in Dublin but my expectations are quite low.

From what I have seen the acting looks terrible with Kevin Spacey being the worst culprit. If you ask me they should have got Clancy Brown to play Lex Luthor.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Kevin Spacey did well. It was okay, not great but good enough. No Batman Begins though ;)

5. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I saw a trailer for it whilst waiting for a film to start at the cinema, it looked pretty crappy i dont think I'll be watching it until it comes out and i can borrow it from a friend.

6. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Superman? Who is that?

No really, Superman is the single most boring super hero. Not interested.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Superman rules.

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I saw the movie, thinking it would be terrible, and I actually liked it. Despite having the worst superhero and Kevin Spacey doing a mediocre job playing Lex Luthor, I thought it was pretty good. Superman did look completely computer generated all the time, but for some reason, I came out liking the movie. I'm not exactly sure why, though.

9. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

If you have the choice of seeing it in IMax, don't bother. Only the opening credits scenes are worth the 3D experience.

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I finally saw it yesterday and I must say that I actually liked it although my expectations being so low going probably helped it a little. I have to agree with Saber's opinion - I really don't know why I liked it but I did.

They avoided any cringe inducingly bad or corny scenes. I watched the first film again back in June and it was bad enough in parts that I barely was able to watch it

Kevin Spacey wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared. Quite frankly Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor makes Kevin Spacey's look almost Oscar worthy.

The film suffers from the same problem that you would expect from Superman related material, in that he is just too powerful and can solve pretty much any problem far too easily.

11. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'm personally not interested in Superman, but a few of my friends have watched it. Most say it's pretty good, they like Superman...Oh, and how does he manage to wear his outfit underneath all his normal clothes? Or does he just manage to change really quickly since he's really fast?

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No, the costume is clearly worn under his normal clothes - you always see it revealed when he pulls open his shirt. He must wear some really thick cotton weave shirts for them to be opaque enough to hide it. :shake:

13. Sydax Gems: 19/31

I could never understand how people who knows Clark, doesn't 'recognize' him as Superman. What? The glasses? Ah, the curl... ups, I didn't want to spoil you.
    Never liked DC heroes.

14. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

After all these years, he still sports his underwear outside. And those over-sized shoes, where the heck did he hid them. :grin:

The movie was quite entertaining but I'm not exactly wowed by it... well maybe the Sup's holding the plane in the baseball diamond. The story is just ok, not really good but not bad either. And there's this funny feeling that they have compared Superman with Jesus Christ. Subtle at first but if you sit down and think about it, it was like the life of Jesus Christ. It's a good watch but if I were to choose between this and Pirates of Caribbean 2, I'd go for PoC2... anytime.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

You and everyone else :rolleyes:

But it's been dealt with in the comics in the past by having Clark and Superman seen together in public.

16. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    oh my god, just watched it, and im afraid that is one of the most BORING films i have ever watched, i fell asleep part of the way through and had to be woke up 10 mins later by my friend, Gene Hackman rules as Lex Luthor and Kevin Spacey sucked... Also, Superman was more cocky when Reeves played him, Routh just doesnt do him justice.

17. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was really excited at the beginning, but right from the start I became dissapointed and it was more or less downhill from there. I actually left the theater mad, I thought it was so terrible. Complete lack of chemistry in any of the actors, an incredibly inconsistent plot, and all in all pretty boring.

Honestly - I haven't left a theater fuming mad since my brother dragged me to see 'Sugar & Spice.' Yes, it was that bad. I can detail all the my issues if anyone wants to know.

18. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Family wanted to watch it so they drag me over. Really, too long for nothing, not a good plot, boring... I think that Kevin Spacey did a decent job, considering the lack another 'decent job'.
    Anyway, don't take me too serious, I just can't stand DC comics heroes.

19. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Too much emotional stuff and not enough action.

Plus I thought the story was crap...yet another Batman Begins wannabe... :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.