1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Superstitions (Ooc)

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Lantus, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Ok, this is our Ooc thread, for whatever. Anyway, I had a good long think about this one (about 3.6 minutes :) ) and decided to make it a little different or, if you will, supernatural. In the first few posts you should get the main idea of the plot. It's going to be interesting i think. I'll begin when we have a few players.

The story is set in a fantasy world. Nothing to do with history what so ever (Just so we know what era and what technology there is, i'd say its set around the year 1250). The world is much like ours. Same enviroments. But there are no major continents or countries. The globe is covered in small collections of islands. The adventure begins in a city, Tur-Kall, on the coast of one of the smallest isles in a swarm of islands called Danrank. The city is very crowded, more people then space. It is a kind of medieval/fantasy Hong Kong. The streets are very close together small stalls in the center. Crime is high, but no so much killings or assaults. Rogues and thieves. It is the way of life in Tur-Kall.

With that intro, I hope I can get things started. Just remember, all the players are friends. Everyone knows each other. This will just make it easier to start off.

Ok, here are the main rules:

*No Power gaming
    *Your posts cannot harm or effect other players unless you have permission from them
    *Any major ‘twists’ must be discussed between players who will be involved

(If you can think of any other important rules, just PM me or suggest them in this post)

When you are writing your characters 'profiles' just make sure to have the persons History, Name, Appearance and basic Personality

Here is my character:

NAME: Suki

HISTORY: After growing up in such a small town, Tur-Kall was something different for Suki. But it was still enjoyable. After she and her parents had been kicked to the streets, they had become separated, no longer caring for each other, only for themselves. Suki had been smuggled into Tur-Kall by a tradesman, and since had been a rogue of the night. She came across a lot of trouble, being a young lady working alone, but she survived. Most of the thieves and rogues of the city worked in groups, so this made her different.

PERSONALITY: She has a very calm and enjoyable sense of humour, but never knows when the time is ‘wrong’ for joking. This gets Suki into a lot of trouble, but she always can slip out of it again. She is also very optimistic, never doubting anything. This is one of the things that helps here get out of the ‘sticky’ situations.

APPEARACE: She has short, black hair and very dark skin. She is quite slim and short even for her age. She has a simple silver bracelet that never leaves her sight and a suspicious scorpion symbol (tattoo) on her left shoulder, which she supposable burnt onto her skin. At first glance, Suki looks harmless, but usually caries a long dagger or two, all though her preferred fighting (if any at all) is with her fists.

[ November 28, 2004, 01:06: Message edited by: Lantus ]

2. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

i don't understand the theme, please explain in a little more detail.

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Name: Takako "GoGo" Tamura

History: Takako grew up in a small town just outside Tur-Kall. Her parents died when she was 12 and she moved to her uncle who was living in Tur-kall. Although she is really clever, her marks at school where very bad, because of her concentrating problem. Takako's uncle is a wino who loves to make strange movies. His drinking problem has had an impact on Takako she drinks a lot to and when her uncle is drunk she steals his money to buy clothes and CD's (If there are no cd's in this world, let me know and I edit!), her uncle never finds out because he has no idea how much money he owns...

PERSONALITY: Did you ever see a drunk girl screaming in a karaoke show? Well Takako is that kind of girl. She simply loves music, just as much as she loves to wear long black boots. She is very friendly and easily makes friends. She is a bit naive and more then once people have abused her kindness, still Takako is very happy with the way she is.

APPEARACE: She has long black hair but she loves to dye it in different colours. She has a very pale skin but her face looks friendly. She mostly wear black and purple clothes and long leather boots. She never leaves home without a dagger and her uncle has teachet her how to fight with a sword.

[ November 30, 2004, 10:26: Message edited by: SleepleSS ]

4. Lantus Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] Sorry sleepless, but if you read my post carefully, you will notice this...

Just so we know what era and what technology there is, i'd say its set around the year 1250

It's old school! :) No cd's or movies mate. sorry if i was a bit vague. So can you change your character? sorry!

Blacky, you should understand once we begin.

Also, some more rules: (if we ever get started)

*If you want to leave the game and your character needs to be killed off, let the DM (me:)) deal with it.
    *Notify us in this thread if your going to be away for a while so we can pause or work aorund you.

[ November 29, 2004, 05:50: Message edited by: Lantus ]

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Oops sorry I didn't see the year! Lets edit some lines then:

Takako's uncle is a wino who loves to make strange movies.

Becomes:

Takako's uncle is a wino who loves his work in the local theater.

and CD's

Becomes

knives and instrument to make music.

That will do I guess

One more thing: Maybe I change her name bofore the game starts I'm not really happy with this one.

Edit: I did Takako was the name I was looking for :)

[ November 30, 2004, 10:24: Message edited by: SleepleSS ]

6. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Ok, that's alright. Sorry about the confusion. Now, i hope everyone will be able to play soonish. I have decided how it is going to begin. Come on people, hurry up and join! :)

[ November 30, 2004, 09:52: Message edited by: Lantus ]

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Allright I edited the name and I'm ready to play, should I just drop into your story or do YOU want to introduce the new caracters?

8. Steeze Gems: 10/31

here is my character:

Name: Tuca

His/Bio: Tuca is a noble by birth, but turned to the life of a street rat when his Uncle Narin disgraced his family. Tuca has lived life on the street for five years now, he has good skill with most weapons, due to the training he recieved as a noble child. Tuca has always loved to entertain and will quite often been seen in inns around Kur-Tall with his flute and 'magic' tricks.

Personality: Tuca, altough generally friendly to people he already knows, is reluctunt to reveal much about himself to strangers, especially his family name. Even the people closest to Tuca aren't even sure of his real name.

Appearance:Halvn is very short, about 1.5 metres. His livid green eyes stand out almost freakishly from is jet black hair. He wears lots of Blues and reds and greens, but when on a 'job' Tuca wears all black clothes.

[ December 01, 2004, 06:05: Message edited by: Blacky ]

9. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Sleepless, i've been talking to Blacky and in his post he will introduce your character. After that you can just play along.

After we get started, i'm hoping for it to go like this.

Suki has this big plan to score big time by robbing this place. She has chosen takako and Tuca to help her in the 'job', even thought she prefers to work alone. I'm not going to reveal how, but eventually the three are going to be sent on a quest and will need to collect a party of people. This is when we will be able to get more people to join. I hope they do!

To anyone who is reading : JOIN!!!

[ December 01, 2004, 06:04: Message edited by: Lantus ]

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] My father? He died when I was 12! Did you ment my uncle or does this mean my dad is still alive, withoud me knowing?

OOC: Let me know it's important for my next post :D

11. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Woah...... sorry sleepless. wasn't thinking! i suppose its your uncle. I'll change it now.

*slaps himself... hard*

12. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

One more question how old are your caracters?

13. Steeze Gems: 10/31

about 20ish

14. Lantus Gems: 11/31

about sixteen. i was hoping for her to be the youngest in the party.

15. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Lantus actually I was hoping the same :D . Well anyway I make her 19. although she looks 21.

16. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Ok. Also, this grave we're going to rob is like a mosuleum. (don't know how to spell it)

Also, for anyone who wants to join, this would be the best time to do so. Come on people! Get off oyur butts and join in! :p

17. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

mausoleum :D

Hmm reading your post, Lantus, I see my character seems to be the "rich one" I don't know about Tuca yet, but it seems I’m the one with money! At least I'm the only one living in a house. Maybe that’s why you guys are much better in this “thieving stuff” and a good reason why they took my uncle. I hope more people will join!

18. Lantus Gems: 11/31

I like the way you think Sleepless, in every single way! :)

(EDIT)

Sleepless (I'm going to call you sleepy for now on, your last post was different. Try to keep the writing in past tense. "She turns around" = "She turned around"

(EDIT AGAIN)

I'm going to wait just a little while before i post to see if anyone is willing to join. I am hoping a few will join now at the 'meeting'. So take note, visitors! Join Superstitions!!! :p

19. Steeze Gems: 10/31

I think it better if it is written in present, epecially since we(well me at least) have being writing in present tense most of the time. I just thinks its better.

EDIT: This is mainly for Sleepless, Lantus you already know, Tuca is more of a nut job fighter than a thief.

EDIT: Tuca den is where he sleeps, but its got a lot of crap just lying around and he doesn't like other people going near it, it's on the edge of the area where all the rogues are.

[ December 08, 2004, 07:00: Message edited by: Blacky ]

20. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

I always had problems with writing in the right tense for some reason I often start in past tense and then switch to present for some unknown reason.

Well anyway, people join in! It's gonna be cool!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.