1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

SW: Attack of the Clones, Movie Talk (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Big B, May 15, 2002.

1. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Relax, no spoilers in this top post.

But this thread is for those who have seen the movie and want to share your thoughts without the people who haven't seen it yet reading your posts.

I'll check back in a few days, after I've seen it.

So let's hear it. What did you think?

2. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Give me 20 mins to finish watching it . . .

3. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Bateluer - Why are you postin whilst in the middle of watching a movie?

4. Magnus Magicus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

OMG! He wouldn't have committed the evil act of downloading a movie, now would he!?

NO BAT!!...why? :D

/me acting like I'm really hurt. :)

Say, wanna trade? ;)

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] You'll have to wait another 11 hours for anyone to really comment. Unless that is they are watch a bootleg or something. Now no one here would do anything illegal like that would they?

From all accounts it's better than E1 but no Star Wars or Empire Strikes Back. I'm seeing it Friday afternoon so I'll give you my opinion then. Well until then;

enjoy the movie!

6. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I am not certain, but I think some time zones will have it before others, thus they will spread the bootlegs.

I am still planning on seeing it in the theatre, but since I am able to watch the entire movie beforehand, I can do something else during the movie . . . and its better I create a new thread for that.

7. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Eight hours and 20 minutes until I see it!

w00t!

8. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Read my reply to Bateleur's thread: Think I would be killed for doing this?

9. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] :love: "...oh! sorry, i've just cum".

wow, just saw it! fantastic last 3/4 (even if the first 1/4 was really cringeworthy). yoda and christopher lee were my favourite characters. still hyped, not very coherent right now, going to have to post again later!

10. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Damm it the god - you beat me to the first post.:count dooku:

*******SPOILERS AHEAD**********

Just saw it and it was excellent. Say 4/5. One mark deducted for moronic romance dialogue (I couldn't stop giggling). The good stuff includes:

Jango and Boba Fett - the bounty hunter is cool and the kid is far better than that Jake Lloyd person from TPM.

R2D2 and C3P0 show some new talents (which I am no going to reveal coz that surprised me)

Amidala's dresses - not quite up to the standard of the golden bikini, but still ...(and to think Lucas worried about Carrie Fisher's breasts being too big)

Lightsabre - wielding Yoda.

but the best of all:

Count Dooku. Christopher Lee outdid himself and stole the movie completely. His lightsabre fights (against Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda) are brilliant (if the first two are somewhat short :D).

PS To continue BigB's great tradition here's some sample quotes:

"I am Owen and this is my girlfriend Beru".

"Die Jedi scum!" :p:p::D

[This message has been edited by Vukodlak (edited May 17, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Vukodlak (edited May 17, 2002).]

11. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] right, calmer now.

the old trilogy was very character-driven, while the new films are definitely geared towards the storyline (though yoda and darth tyranus really shine in 'clones). so unless the final part is a really deep exploration of anakin's psyche and transformation into vader, the originals will always be better.

12. Buddas Hand Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

By the Way Jango and Bobba were both New Zealanders. For such a little country we Rock!!!!

13. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Saw it last night. The romance dialogue was so pathetic! Has Lukas ever met a girl?

But the light-saber-wielding Yoda was funny, as were most of the droid gags -- although some of them seem desperate for a laugh. The visuals, as always, were really cool. -- better than TPM, I think.

Random casting of Samuel L. Jackson and Jimmy Smits still leaves me wondering why they're there. At least Jackson gets a few relevant lines in this one, but I still expect him to pull out a shotgun at some point.

14. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

When I read Jimmy Smits was in this I almost lost my mind. Does he have pictures of Lucas with a goat? I mean, Mark Hamill can't act, but Jimmy Smits.
    At least his part is small. So I've heard. ;)

15. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

LOL Shralp, Samuel L. Jackson's purpose in the movie was to kick some ass and look good doing it. Too bad they have to kill him in the next one. :(

16. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Alex Samuel has disgraced himself with this movie, "The parties over Dooku" ........yeah get f**ked jackson......sorry but IMHO you have to have English voices as those of the Jedi else it turns into some sort of strange sci fi gangster movie.

The romance pissed me off, especially when they rolled down the hill, arm in arm, laughing, would have made me cringe if i wasn't still giggling about how huge those grazing creatures butts were :lol:

Yoda was as always amazing, and the final fight scene just made me laugh with ecstacy.

I do have to say soemthing about the varying quality of acting however, Natalie Portman pulled off a damn fine performance, Christopher Lee, as usual was superior to all but one..........Ewan mcgregor pulled off the smoothest performance ever, he was perfect and the duo between him and Lee when he was chained up, made LEE look normal in comparison.

Hayden Christycrap.......well he is just an embarressment to the usual high standard of American acting isn't he?
    He had only two expressions during the film, Angry and suivcidally angry, both of which were not particually convincing and both of which resembled a rather disgruntled teenage pig. However he had to be rather stupid to lay a politician anyway....

17. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Alright guys, first the complaints...

"The hills are alive with the sound of music" romance crap sucked. Its horrible. I'd rather watch Goonies. Twice.

Stupid robot one liners. Get real.

Wooden perfomances. Sorry, but Jedi aren't in my mind unfeeling schizoids. They seemed to me to be philosophical and wise, like Alec Guiness' Obi. I want to break this E1 and 2 Obi over my knees, or hire Jango to do it for me while I chill out at my Tatooine mega-pad.

Lucas really must be a geek from hell. Kudos to whoever made the comment earlier about the guy never dating. Must be...

I was rolling in the isles over some of Yoda's lines..."Around the survivors, a perimeter you shall make"...HA HA!!! Is that a Haiku? Or how about Anikan; "Jedi business here, go back to your drinks..." Oh, OK dude. Whatever. Does your Jedi power allow you to sense that I think you are cheese?

But, if you subtract the actual actors and the script, and just look at it, it is great. FOTR was better, IMHO, though.

Anyway, many plusses. The Fett story, the clone story, Obi Wan's awesome little ship, the fact that Boba Fett's SLAVE 1 is apparently seriously vintage, Coruscant scenes, the battle in the end, Yoda's trickery in borrowing an army. Its just too bad Owen and Beru get burned up later by D'Vaders troopers in SW! Oh well. We all gotta die sometime. Even decent SW movies die I suppose.

18. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Okay, maybe I'm making excuses for Lucas...But here it goes.

The dialogue in most of the movie does seem kind of forced (no pun intended). An explanation could be that we are seeing the end of a kind of Golden Age at the end of the Rebuplic.

When you think about the episodes IV, V, and VI, everything seems darker, more utiliatarian, and dingy. Almost as if by the time A New Hope comes around the resources of the Republic/Empire have been drained by the Clone Wars and the glory and power of the Old Republic is truly gone. You don't see the sleek, custom made ships that you see in Eps I and II. The same is with the characters.

It's almost like the characters in Episodes I and II are of higher stature than the characters in the later films, lending more credibility to a great fall from the glory of the Old Republic to the darker future that becomes the Empire.

Okay - have I given waaaay too much thought to this or what? ;) :p

19. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Not at all, as I understand it, the clone wars set technology back substantially.

20. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] Ok, I just came back from seeing it. It was great imho :D

My only main objections with the movie is that it shattered nicely some of the Expanded Universe novels, which is certainly going to annoy the writers who put in a lot of time and effort into the books - specifically and books which refer to the design of the Death Star taking place in the laboritory in the Maw and the Bounty Hunter trilogy.

However, I love the way how everything starts to come together - the almost star destroyers and the clone troopers, and Palpatines red armoured bodyguard and such like. :)

"Anakin, why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?" :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.