1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ten signs you're obsessed with technology

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Harbourboy, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I own a Blackberry, so it seems this pinpoints me as tech addict. Bah, who cares, at least I'm assuming who I am.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

We never said being obsessed with technology was a BAD thing.....

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Quite a few.... *hugs her computers*

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Got none of them, actually this is not the tech-test, more like the n00b test. "Easy as an html" should be punished with a Zidane against the sternum.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    None of them. I like my computer and I listen to a lot of mp3's. I also play computer games when I get a chance but that all comes after real life.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No to most of them. The people I know online I only know by their gaming nicknames. If I'm talking about a specific game with hubby, I will use some gaming terms.

8. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Five of 'em, but the writer should be shot in the face. Repeatedly. With a hammer.

It's not related to a tech obsession, it's related to a media/connectivity obsession.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Not surprisingly, I agree here. Swap the hammer for a sledgehammer and it's good enough for me.

That thing of checking email when f***ing is a bit too much. Just power the damn Berry off!

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

1. I get around to it eventually... :shake:
    4. Um, I don't know most of their real names. How else am I supposed to refer to them? :rolleyes: Of the seven people in this thread, I know 2 real names, and they're the only two members out of the nearly 10,000 registered members whose names I know off the top of my head. The internet just isn't a place to give out such information freely.

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

1: I have stepped away from the X-box or PC and wondered why I suddenly have to p*** like a race horse or why I'm so hungry...

2: Not really, but the thing that keeps tyour cords from tangling might be a good Idea--wait a minute, we have something like that. It's called Duct tape...

3: There's abig difference between resenting that you can only go online from 9 pm onwards and wanting to check your e-mail every 5 minutes...

4: I think it can become a life line for some who have no transportation and no access to like minded people. I find that locally, there are few other people that play the Games I'm into, so I have to look online to find people to discuss these things with. That said, there are some that I know IRL but use their screen name when talking to others that don't know them IRL but know them from the game.

5: What's wrong with wanting your phone to play your favorite song when you have a call. My p;arents have cell phones, and their ring tone would be bloody annoying...

6: I don't do that IRL...

7: Maybe not during sex, but on a date maybe. If I really don't want to be disturbed, I'll turn the think off!

8: I'm too lazy to change my wall paper or MSN pic on a whim. I seldome even change my tag line...

9: They might make good Cheesecake...

10: I think any form of jargon that you are using on a regular basis would creep into your vocabulary when you are away from your computer.

Technology is great, but let's not get carried away...

[ July 11, 2006, 05:32: Message edited by: Gnarfflinger ]

12. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

1. Because of this place

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I own a Crackberry. But none of the others fit...Not that it matters. The BB is enough!

14. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

None of those have happened to me. The closest thing that could happen is #1. That's why BG2 put in that line about having to eat and sleep so we don't lose any dedicated players!

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    1. There is a difference to be made. Yes sometimes when I decide that this particular night, with friends or alone, I'll play video games for an expanded time say 4-5 hours despite the fact that I am quite tired and I should sleep. However I don't do this all the time. Normaly I do this « All night Game night » (As I love to call it) about once a month if RL permits it. So yes I do number one, but not to a degree where my life is threaten.

2. No, I don't. But then other people collects Stamps or insect or many things, what's so bad about it? I personaly collect rare DVD movies and Beer bottle of rare brand (I've more than 30 Rare DVDs and 21 bottle of beer). Does it makes me an unhealthy person? No only mean I fancy movies and alcoholic brevages, sometimes at the same times.

3. Yes sometimes when I get home from a night out downtown or from a friend's house or just when I get home from work, all of those activies only permits me to check emails a rather late hour say 11PM and more. Of course I wouldn't answer a call during sexual activities...

4. That is a trick question because very often the friends you make online rarely tells their real name (as do I). So only knowing someone from a foreing country by his online name don't really means tech adiction it only reflect a reality of the internet.

5. What on the world is wrong with having a favourite song for our mobile ring tone? And I must say that some techno artist *do* use sometimes computer-based chimes and beep and other sample with the main songs, not because of an adiction but more because of artisitic view.

6. I seriously have never seen this. And using SMS style writing in appropriate medium, mobile instant messanger, only reflect a reality of the internet. Now I confess that using SMS style beyons these boundaries is a serious problem.

7. Someone might be waiting for a serious call during a date or it might be an emergency. Though it is serioulsy unromantic it’s not a sign of an addiction either.

8. Some people with a strong sense of aethestic might get bored with the same look of their daily tools and might want to change. It’s the same thing when everybody change their clothes collection once in a while, or when people change their houses’ decoration.

9. Some professional need to carry such devices, politician, reporter, CEO etc. What is a blackberry if not a Palm pilot with a mobile telephone?

10. Having expression that connect to your daily reality isn’t alarming to me. Of couse it must be used with people with the same interrest. But still on itself not

16. Disciple of The Watch

Heh, yeah, once you taste the Crackberry, you're done in. I had a hard time getting rid of mine. Good thing the charger broke down.

Argh! I HATE PALM! I hate the Palm OS, I hate the damn stylus... I prefer the Crackberry trackwheel over the ****ing Palm's stylus, thank you very much.

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I own a blackberry. I've done a few of the others in my youth but my life is no longer compatible with spending 60 hours a week chatting online.

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Could someone explain to this uncivilized barbarian what a BlackBerry is? All I can think of is fruit.
    ... What are you looking at me? You don't know what fruit is? They use it for making shampoo sometimes.

19. Harbourboy

Ooh, I think I know this one. A Blackberry is a little thing like a cellular telephone with a keyboard that you can get emails and stuff on. Sounds expensive to me, so I don't have one.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Almost. A BlackBerry is an hybrid of a cellphone, an email account, a wireless modem, a fax, a pager, and a full-blown HTML browser. Yes, it has a full-blown QWERTY keyboard. Yes, it's expensive, but worth every single penny spent on it.

Also known as the "CrackBerry" because once you taste it, you're done in.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.