1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The adventures of Bolo the Bastard

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Boy at a busstop, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Boy at a busstop Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

"Easthaven is probably the most backwater town I have ever visited. The villagers are poor and hungry, most of them make their money either fishing or selling the fish's bones! Bones I tell you, I had never seen so many ugly carvings.

The only reason we came here was because of that call for adventurers, something about an expedition to rescue some other frozen town in this desolate wasteland. I don't care about the town, but I have heard tales of forgotten tombs with plenty of treasure near the expeditions final destination.

We kept ourselves occupied while that Hrothgar fellow finished his preperations. The town's defenses are pathetic, they had a nest of orc's a stone's throw from them! To be honest, there isn't anything to defend anyway, so far I've robbed a handful of gems, a dagger and some ugly fishbone carvings. I sold them right back to them out of spite. I probably could have gotten a better price for them when I return to Luskan, but I can't be bothered lugging around dead animal parts.

We have retired to the inn and are preparing to leave for Kuldahar tomorrow."

It occured to me I never finished this game, so I decided to instill some new life into an old character of mine: Bolo the Bastard, an evil halfing fighter/thief who care naught about anything but himself and his treasure. My first attempt at IWD saw Bolo as well, but I discarded that game back then in favor of a better party. Here's Bolo back in the day.

I'll try to do (ir)regular updates of my journey and hope to finally finish this game at long last.

Introducing the party:

Bolo the Bastard
    Neutral Evil Halfling Fighter/Thief
    Leader of the mercenary band "Black Wings". Bolo was cast out of his village after slaying one of his kin in cold blood. His exodus was a traumatising experience. Bound and gagged, they threw him in the river, this fueled Bolo with a deep hatred for any and all halfings.

Sari
    Chaotic Neutral Gnome Cleric/Illusionist
    "Sari? She's my partner in crime, we've done plenty of scams together. When I met her she was working as a wench in some tavern, running a well oiled operation to boot. After we bled that town dry, we joined forces and headed for the next unsuspecting village."

Garruc
    Lawful Evil Human Fighter
    "Garruc is my personal bodyguard. We spent some time together in a slaver's cell. After I busted him out, he swore alliance to me, earning myself a handy meatshield. He is a dumb, raging barbarian and easy to keep in line."

Nala
    Neutral Evil Half-Elf Bard
    "I hired Nala to chronicle my adventures. What good is being filthy rich if no one knows about it? She has proven herself likeminded however and she enjoys the plunder of the towns as much as the plunder of the tombs. I let her do most of the social interactions as she seems to have a knack for it."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.