1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The alignments of famous people + Jon Irenicus

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Parvini, Apr 25, 2001.

1. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Chaotic Good - Mad Murdoch of A-team fame
    Lawful good - Ghandi
    Lawful Evil - Hitler
    Chaotic Evil - Stalin
    True Neutral - such a person cannot exit

Does anyone know what level mage Irenicus is?

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Umm Parvini it might be a good idea to edit out your Lawful Evil category there, some people might be sensitive on that subject. Just a suggestion don't get upset.

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited April 25, 2001).]

3. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I think you missed a few:

Bill Clinton - Chaotic Evil
    George W. Bush - True Neutral (default for things too stupid to have opinions)

sorry to anyone who is offended by this

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Parvini, don't change anything because they didn't wrote Jon's level. It's 30.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Fenix:

Don't worry, by bashing them both you're safe!

Winston Churchhill: Chaotic Good

Stephen King: Neutral Evil (Anyone who writes like has gotta have a dark side :eek :)

Rosie O'Donnel: Who cares! :p

6. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

How about the alignments of your favorite fictional people?

The cast of Buffy the Vampire Slayer:

Lawful Good - Giles/Willow
    Neutral Good - Buffy
    Chaotic Good - Angel

Lawful Neutral - Tara
    True Neutral - Xander/Oz
    Chaotic Neutral - Faith

Lawful Evil - Anya
    Neutral Evil - Spike
    Chaotic Evil - Drusila
    :)

Anyone willing to sort through all 4 star trek casts?
    (should I have posted this in the inner geek thread, instead? ;))

7. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I'd place Bush under CG or NG instead of TN, TNs cannot exist.

8. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31

umm, Bateleur, the True Neutral thing was a joke. True Neutral is the alignment of anything with intelligence less than 1 (ie normal animals). I was making fun of Bush.

Question: what alignment was Yoda? I think everybody would agree that he's good. However, sometimes hes like: "you must have discipline" (totally lawfull) other times he does stuff like make fun of Luke and take his stuff. (totally chaotic) strictly speaking, thats neutral, but neutral people generally dont have that much difference in their actions.

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Yoda only did those things to Luke to test his patience. I would definately say he would be Lawful Good.

10. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Chaotic evil: Roy Keane

Have you seen the way he tackled Alf Inge Haaland?

11. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yoda was Lawful Good

I think Obi Wan was Chaotic Good - hence his problems with young Aniken (sp?)

Luke was caught between those two alignments, but finally settled into Lawful Good.

Darth Vader was probably Lawful Evil - not alot of chaos going on in his head, just a tight legalism that oppressed HIM even more than the people around him.

What about the Tolkien Characters?

I'll start with Master Samwise: Obviously Lawful Good. Simple, down to earth, "I said I'd take care of the pony, and by gosh I will take care of the pony!"

12. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Yoda is Lawful Jedi.

Which actually makes him True Neutral in some ways since it is all about natural balance is it not? He's certainly not Lawful Good. Not enough smarmyness and self importance at all.

"I feel a disturbance in the force"

13. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31

First of all, the jedi were originally neutral, however, with the arrival or the dark jedi they had to become good to keep the balance.

Hmm, Lord of the Rings...
    Gandalf: Lawfull Good "You must NEVER use the ring, have discepline"

Sauron: Lawfull Evil (he had armys etc, this requires law)

Aragorn: Chaotic Good

The Brown Wizard Dude: True Neutral (same reasons as George W. Bush)

Another President joke: (off the subject)
    What will the Clinton years be referred to as in the future?
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    ---
    Sex between the Bushes!!

14. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Fenix! Discipline is different from law. Besides, his troops tended to kill each other as well as Sauron's enemies.

I would rate Sauron as True Evil. I know, it's not a real rating, but ya know...

15. Igneous Gems: 6/31

Well, well, true neutral = intelligence of 1.

And the alignment test gave me a true neutral report two times in a row. :( :(

I have to think about this.....

16. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31

Igneous, I wasnt saying that all true neutral things have an int of 1, take druids for example (some people might argue this), I was just saying that all int 1 things are true neutral.

17. Parvini Gems: 10/31

Hitler was Lawful Evil because he played by the rules of the constitution in order to sieze power. 'Lawful' in this context does not refer to whether or not you would kill someone rather on how you respect the rules. Hitler attempted to justify every killing by means of legislation as not to lose popularity. Stalin on the other hand was Chaotic Evil because he just killed millions of people with little or no justiifcation. Of course this does not mean Hitler was right but it would suggest that his allignment would be 'Lawful Evil' as opposed to 'Chaotic Evil' as his actions carry some basis of rationale. It is possible to say Hitler was a madman but it must be pointed out that he was a very calculated madman.

18. Parvini Gems: 10/31

On the subject of Star Wars

Lawful Good: Yoda
    Chaotic Good: Han Solo
    Neutral Good: R2 D2
    Lawful Evil: Most Dark lords of the Sith (Emporer, Darth Maul and Darth Vader)
    Chaotic Evil: Jabba the Hutt
    Nuetral Evil: That guy in episode one who
    'owns' Anakin

19. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31

arguably, this could be on a different subject, but Ill put it here for now and maybe make a topic later if it seems like its needed.

At what point does chaotic evil split from true neutral? I cant really think of an example right now but take this case:
    a person has commited many acts that would normally make people think that he is chaotic evil. However, he is a total madman acting without concious thought. A lion that killed many people or something like that would still be true neutral. Any thoughts on this?

--FenixStrife

20. kasio Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Parvini: it is impossible (but interesting) task to rank these (Hit;Stal) bold historical persons by AD&D alignments.
    I would rather agree that Hit was lawful (You cant tell this by his speeches though. Ever saw chronicles?)
    Was he deliberately evil? I dont think so.
    He believed Aryans to be superior race. And did everything to grant them deserved superiority over others. Would it take killing or whatever. Good for Aryans, Evil for non-Aryans. Results in... neutral.
    Stalin makes harder subject to analyse. Definitely not chaotic. He believed in ideals of communism. The Communisctic World Order. Which makes him Lawful.
    BTW as a survivor :) of communism (means i approximately know the history) i have to say that NEVER EVER USSR was ruled by stronger hand and rigid discipline than in Stalins time. Definitley LAWFUL.
    Good-evil alignment? I would rank him similar to Hitler, if didnt know story about his sons death. But on the other hand - with nothing he was better than Hitler was.
    So. Neutral.
    Would say both of them were Lawful evil-Neutral.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.