1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

the best buyer

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Igor, Mar 16, 2001.

1. Igor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] I'm about to finish bg2 for the first time and i was wondering who to sell my items and get the most money out of it. I know that it's also got to do with your charisma but let's just say that you got an average charisma......who pays the most???
    I'm askin this so that next time i can sell all my stuff to one guy and not look all over the place to find where i sold this and that

[This message has been edited by Igor (edited March 16, 2001).]

2. Whoz-UR-Daddy Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I know exactly what you are talking about. At least in IWD there were only 3 or 4 different dealers to sell items to. Not sure who pays the most, but possibly try to have an NPC character with a higher Charisma initiate dialogue. Not sure if it makes a difference though so sorry if it wastes your time. Have not finished the game yet.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I never sell Items to the people who identified them - - IIRC I get better prices then.

4. Lo Guest

From my observations in BG2 merchants pay highest price for the items they don't have in stock. When they have at least 1 of a certain item the price goes down, until it reaches its total minimum when the merchant had acquired several of these items. So the best merchant will be the one that doesn't have much of anything, like one of those potion sellers in Bridge district or a spell merchant (unless u r selling spells). Put all of the same kind into one NPC's inventory to get the high price for all of them. But really, if u r finishing BG2 why do u care about money anyway? :) It's not like u r going to get a bank cheque at the end of the game.

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well I had the wand of wonders and in Athkatla I could sell it for 15000 GP but in Suldanesselar I could sell it for 40000 GP. Don't know whether all items can be sold here for more gold or not, but maybe it's worth trying it.

6. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

By the time you reach Suldanesselar, you won't need 40000 gp. My keep costs me an awful lot of money, so I could use those 15000. I'm now in the Underdark and still have the wand and I'm not going to sell it. I also have around 50000 gp, so I don't need more right now.

I also noticed that the merchant in the city-of-caverns (the guy left of the high priestess) gives you a lot of money for most items!

7. Igor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

well, i'm about to finish for the first time. I was asking because the next time through I cansell everything to one merchant

8. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The only way that will work is if you sell it all to him at the same time, and even then you can only sell 16 of any particular item at once (as much as one person can carry). The law of supply and demnd works in Amn too. If a merchant has 1 short bow, maybe you get 8gp for each one you sell. If he has 20 he'll only give you 4gp. The best way to maximize your income is to hold off till you have a bunch of the same item (16 bows for example, or 16 gold rings) and then sell 'em off. Next time you have 16 gold rings, don't sell to that guy, go to another one to get that original price again.
    Prices in the underdark are higer, but things cost a lot more too.
    The only things in Amn that affect the price paid for an object are Charisma, Reputation and availability. Period.

9. Laurana Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

------Spoiler------

Well, I don't know about you, but where I made my fortune was in the fish city. It was fabulous, the only vendor there paid 10 times what any vendor ever paid, i recommmend when you get to the City after the Ship Crashes, that you take everything you can to that vendor and sell.

10. Jefe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Right on target Laurana. I hit that place recently and IIRC I got 4000 for a cloak of protection +1. or maybe it was just 1400. But the prices were much higher than anywhere else.

[This message has been edited by Jefe (edited March 17, 2001).]

11. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i never found a vendor in the Sahaugin City?

where is it then???

12. Laurana Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well dean, it should be directly above the king following the path up to the temple, she'll be on the very left of you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.