1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big BoM Dinner Party

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ok, here is the scene:

You are hosting a black tie dinner night for yourself and 9 members of BoM, dressed to impress with good food, lots and lots of alcohol and no holds barred entertainment package.

Who on BoM would be your 9 dinner party guests, more importantly, why did you invite them? And what would your entertainment package be for the evening?

Have fun, I will post my 'guests' up later... :thumb:

Remember, this is just for fun, so if you don't make it onto someone else's list, don't throw a strop.

2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Interesting topic. I'm really not great at entertaining, but I think some interesting converstion would be had with, in no particular order:

01. Silvery (with plenty of wine available to her?) ;)
    02. Chandos (we seem to disagree a lot, so that would be fun to work on)
    03. Ragusa (I bet he's a good time over some drinks)
    04. Baronius (seated on purpose next to Rags. And besides, I know Baronius is dying to have a drink with Ragusa!)
    05. Tal (always been curious to know what he's like in "real life")
    06. Gaear (good guy... and one of the heroes of ToEE)
    07. 8people (would love to hear more of her story)
    08. Death Rabbit (seems like an interesting fellow with some interesting opinions)
    09. Munchkin Blender (for some in depth Dragon Age discussion)
    10. omnigodly (also for Dragon Age discussion)

These are all people that are currently active. There are many more I could add to the list with more than 10 allowed.

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Are we limited to current active members? Because if we're not, then we absolutely would have to include the likes of Gnarff, martaug, count dukula and the like for sheer comedy.

If limited to active members, my list is boring. dmc, T2B, Barmy, Death Rabbit, Drew, Rags, Splunge, Harbs (especially if he brings a kiwi), Chandos, Blades. Sorry if I offended anyone, but I got a limit of 10.

Special aplogies to LKD, Snook, BTA, and Tal.

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    With a few key exceptions, I wouldn't invite anyone who posts regularly in the Alleys. Don't get me wrong, those are the ones I converse with the most here and genuinely like all (well, most) of you - but I absolutely can't stand politics being discussed over dinner or at parties, and you know at some point it would come up. It just never, ever goes well – and if it's a room full of people who already agree with one another's political stand it just turns into a big echo chambery circle jerk. (Yes, Splunge, that was a figure of speech, but go ahead and make the obvious joke anyway :p).

So since that illiminates about half the active posters, mine would be:
    • Aldeth
    • Barmy
    • Rallymama
    • dmc
    • ArtEChoke
    • Falstaff
    • Drew
    • BTA
    • Tal
    • Splunge (we do need a nude piano player, after all)
    I would also convince a couple of midgets to join the boards just so I could invite them to this party. Because as we all know, parties are just better with midgets.

Oh, and sorry, Rally, for putting you smack in the middle of a big sausage fest. :o

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's actually 10 unless Barmy's been cloned. :)

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh snap! Lemme fix.

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Aw Deathers! you just love me twice as much as everyone else! I'll remember xxx

8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm going to limit it to active members:

Death Rabbit - 'cause he's just fun, and a wise ass to boot

Aldeth - maybe too much in common, but he's someone I can talk to without getting bored

T2Bruno - Gotta go with the guy with the most rep, no?

Chandos - 'cause I don't mind some politics, plus we could play some guitar and talk some good music

Tal - 'cause I want to see what he looks like and also meet in person the person who dedicated so much time to this place

Barmy - you always need a cutup who doesn't take himself so damned seriously

Snook - gotta add some spice into the mix

Splunge - no explanation needed

Silvery - need an honorary drunk and a token woman, right?

Even though everyone's been doing 10, I read this as me plus 9. If I get a 10th, it would be Chev, but only if he showed up in a thong!

My list of those who don't post here:

JSBB
    Rallymama
    Hacken Slash
    Shura
    Shralp
    Grey Magistrate
    Mathetais
    Sir Bel (yeah, he shows up every now and again, but that doesn't count)
    Takara
    ArtEChoke

Special spot at the party for Kit -- always.

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    dmc, I'm nobodys token anything :lol:

I am a drunk though :D

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    Master of Nuhn - Because he just strikes me as absolutely sound as ****. Simple.

Death Rabbit - I think I could have a laugh with DR. Definitely. I bet he knows how to really let his hair down. We could sneak outside for a crafty blunt!

8people - My younger, yet infinitely more mature sister to make sure I don't overstep the mark or drink too much!

Diese - Because I need someone to talk about football with. A night without football chat is a night not worth having.

BOC - An extra football chat man! I've always liked BOC. Not around much these days. He quite clearly has a life, this is a good thing.

joacqin - To complete to European footy quartet! An endless stream of football waffle. Luverly! (Joa can teach me how to be better at SC2 on the quiet!)

Harbourboy - I WOULD get him pissed. Even if I had spike his drinks to do it. I'd chase each glass of water with 3 shots of vodka until Harbs was struggling to stand. I'd do this purely to see whether or not he's still such a tight ass when he's drunk! ... (sorry dad!)

Silvery - I need someone there to make me look sober!!

Aldeth* - Every night needs a father figure to make sure everyone gets home alright.

We'd go for a big curry, helped down with a few beers. Then to the pool hall for a few games, and to throw a few darts with some more ales. By this time, we'd be well on our way and head into town to hit the tiles proper! We would be laughing at Harb's drunken dancing, but we're all too pissed to notice. A few of us would pull some dirty sorts and head back home for a little jigger jigger. Overall, a good night had by all (except Aldeth, who remained sober throughout, and tried to regale us all with tales from his youth when he did 'this sort of thing').

* (designated driver)

(if I missed you out - and I'm talking to you dmc, Splunge, Chandos, Ragusa, Rally - it's purely because I said 9 in the first post. We'll organise another night out for you bunch, don't worry)

11. Topken

Topken Elven-dragon wizard

Since I hardly know anyone here my list would be super short. Guess I do pay to much attention to whose who around here. Even tho I've been here for a number of years already.

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Y'know, I don't think I can do much better than dmc's list (replacing me with him, of course). Although I might boot someone out after the main course and bring in Rags for coffee, dessert and liquers.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Hmm, well, I would make a list that looks like this:

8people: She's funny, smart, and articulate. A benefit to any dinner party.

Silvery: We could swap parenting stories and ***** about the justice system together.

Rallymama: I miss the Fencing Queen. I'd like to swap parenting stories with her too.

Death Rabbit: DR and I could swap stories about the crazy things Mormons do, even though I'm still active! I'd also make sure that politics wasn't discussed around him. I'd put him in charge of purchasing an appropriate variety of booze.

DMC: It's not a party without DMC.

Aldeth: He'd keep us all laughing.

Beren: He lives pretty darnn close (relative to the rest of youse, anyhow) and he's one smart cookie.

Splunge: When Aldeth runs out of jokes for a time, Splunge can pick up the slack. Plus, like Beren, he's close!

Taluntain: There'd be an extra slice of cake and lots of extra booze for our mighty founder as thanks for creating this site.

The evening would consist of a meal catered by a really kick butt Chinese restaurant I know. High quality food and a bartender who is basically a wizard with the beverages. Then we'd have karaoke and a stage performance by Canadian singer Tom Cochrane.

The three females would still be outnumbered, but they'd have each other for support.

14. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Hells no. If I'm going all the way the hell over to the UK for a dinner party, I'm going to be partaking heartily of some truly authentic Black and Tans. And I'm not even sure if an authentic black and tan is Guinness and Harps or Guinness and Bass, but I'll do both to cover myself.

EDIT: I'm leaning Guinness and Bass. I think if you use Harps ale it's a black and brown. /EDIT

And of course I'll have to bring some stuff to show Barmy how the Fopster rolls. You haven't lived until you've had a Bombay Sapphire martini, and you'd definitely need a shot or two of Jack preferably, although Southern Comfort would do in a pinch, I suppose.

15. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Aldeth, all that mixing sounds like a recipe for a hangover. Black & Tans (excellent drink by the way), martinis AND whiskey? Bleh! One at a time is better I say. Then again, perhaps you've got some sort of iron constitution and can handle it.

16. Death Rabbit

Media:
    @ LKD,

I just realized I left you off my list. Big fat mormony mea culpa. :o

17. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Not all at once my man! The only suitable beverage for the dinner is the beer. The martini is an after or before dinner beverage, and the Jack is for when you just want to get pissed later in the night.

As for having an iron constitution, I can drink a fair amount without getting drunk, but I've seen those that are way better than me. As for being hungover the next morning ... that's pretty much a given isn't it? Life is full of such trade-offs.

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    Certainly pal, ill try anything you care to bring. Apart from Bourbon whiskey. If you try and force a Jack Daniels I may have to hurt you.

Lkd, I forgot you! And snookster.

19. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Heresy! Do not besmirsh the name of the good Mr. John Daniels!

Although I am serious about the general goodness of a Bombay Sapphire martini. I drink it neat, but I'll allow a splash of vermouth if you'd like. I know vodka martinis are all the rage these days, but I roll old school, and use gin.

20. Marceror

Media:
    The way I drink, I usually don't get hangovers. My method - pick a drink and stick with it... for the entire evening. Works every time, or at least, nearly every time. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.