1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Church of Tea

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Loreseeker, May 21, 2008.

1. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    A passionate follower of the St Chocolate of the Early Winter Nights. Tolerant to the glorious beliefs of Tea, but find coffee too radical. Do I get to stay? :)

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Well, your sympathies are in the right place. Perhaps with time you'll become sufficiently devoted to join the Inner Circle. At least you are opposed to that foul muck they call 'coffee'!

3. Loreseeker

Media:
    Friendly enough. Guess I'll stick around. Hail Chocolate and Hail Tea. :lol:

4. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Yay for Tea!

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Chocolate is great, but restricted to specific times of the year. Tea? All day every day!

I love the bits about crumpets and scones :lol:

Now where's my clotted cream?

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's just behind the jam, old boy :)

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I'm not British, but I'm a fan.

8. Ziad

Media:
    You don't have to be British, as long as you can subscribe to the British tea ceremony (cucumber sanwiches, scones, etc) then you belong here! Though I'm sure we can make an exception for the whole "milk in tea" business :p

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Don't worry, Deathmage, Britishness when it comes to tea is all in the mind. Being born in the Great British Empire puts you at a head start, but anyone who is appreciative of the ritual is British enough to join!

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    As anyone who frequent the FAI will know, I am indeed true at heart when it comes to British matters, wot. It's a dead shame Arifirh is not here... (you guys remember him?)
    Anyways, I like Earl Grey (without milk) and English Breakfast (with milk). With muffins and cakes...and scones with cream 'n jam.

11. Loreseeker

Media:
    I'm not British, but I like the UK. The British Isles are probably one of my three favourite places on the planet. Thats all I'm saying. As for tea, I've never had it with milk, to be honest.

12. Dalveen

Media:
    I can only drink it with Milk, but if there is no Milk, then Honey is good.

13. Ziad

Media:
    I second honey! Much better than either milk or sugar. Not had that in a while though. Really should go buy myself some honey.

14. Dalveen

Media:
    Mmmmm, Tea + Magnum Ice Cream...

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    what a bizarre combination :whoa:

16. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Can't say I've tried it with honey. Milk is my preference, although I use a couple of drops of lemon juice as back up when the milk runs out (all too common an occurrence in shared flats).

17. Loreseeker

Media:
    Honey and sugar work fine for me.
    I second Dal's ice cream idea (I'll eat just about anything if ice cream is involved :))

18. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Rejoice, peons, for a god walks in your midst!

19. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    What's the deal with cucumber sandwiches? I've never heard of them...and I wouldn't want to have them with my tea...

20. 8people

Media:
    Traditional British Tea Time is at 5pm, generally having a cup of tea and a biscuit and some cucmber sandwhiches in the summer as a light snack. The tradition pretty much died off as cucumber sandwhiches were replaced with cake.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.