1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Church of Tea

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Loreseeker, May 21, 2008.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    3 or 4 apples (sweet ones, not cooking ones, blech!)
    2 Cinnamon sticks
    some ground/grated nutmeg

Makes a relatively savoury drink with a gentle taste and a bit of a herbal lovebite afterwards.

1) Shave the Apple, leaving the skin on doesn't seem to make a difference. Using a knife to cut away thin slices in a spiral around the apple until you get to the core. Pop in a *large* sauce pan.

2) In the saucepan pour in six cups of water... oh go on, make it seven for luck. Put on the heat, something high to start with just to get it going.

3) Push in the cinnamon sticks underneath the apple. If they float for too long the flavour doesn't spread as quickly. Don't let the water boil! SRSLY GUYS. Last time it did it went foamy and tasted a bit bitter.
    (You can usually tell when the cinnamon sticks have 'cracked' as well, you'll hear a small crackle and suddenly a strong smell of it.)

4) When the apple has gone dull and slightly brown, the cinnamon has cracked and it's only got a couple of minutes left (usually takes about ten/fifteen minutes in total) sprinkle the ground/grated nutmeg over the surface of the water. Enough to give a light covering. Stir it in well and then leave for the last few minutes

5) Serve it up!
    The apple will be flavourless at the end (or should be, I had to stop cooking mine early *mutter*) but also still surprisingly filling. Was tempted to dry it out with herbs and keep it for snacks :xx:

Try it with a gingernut biscuit. We didn't have any.

The tea definitly needs the nutmeg (or similar) as without it there just isn't the kick you need to have a proper flavour. It brings out the apple more and accents the cinnamon while adding it's own little voice at the end.

2. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Interesting recipes, 8.

ION, I've spent the last few days alternating between strong cocoa with no milk and a strong but milky variant.
    I actually calculated that I put approximately 24g of sugar in the cup of no milk strong variant of cocoa...
    Cinnamon helps.

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Cool. First online tea store I've seen.

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Cammomile, honey and vanilla tea is a really nice one.

Got to say, I love builders tea...you know, when it goes orange and has so much sugar you can stand a spoon up in it

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've got a new coffee maker machine that also does hot water. The problem is it takes about 5 minutes to fill up a cup of hot water AND my teapot doesn't fit in the damn thing!

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Absolutely, positively, and certainly no coffee what so ever.

Still a few confessions. I use tea-bag's(pyramids) and sugar. Not the white crystal mind you, but the brown cane sugar from Maritius of the fair trade label.

As a Dutchman I loathe the milk. No milk in my tea.

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

How did I not notice this until now? I drink so much tea my insides are coated with tannin! :shake:

9. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Another disciple has come to us. Let us welcome him in the traditional manner.

10. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    For those of you who like tea, a friend of mine who I used to play World of Warcraft with opened his own online tea store. I've had some of his teas (he sent me a nice load of samplers a while back) and they are just awesome. Check out his website here. I'm not sure if he ships overseas or not, but feel free to send a message to custserv@kungaloosh.com and make it out to Jason Tweed - he's the owner. Let him know that you know me (he knows me more as Evii, a blood elf hunter, from our guild Dominus Nihil) - he might give a discount, not sure, and if you're from anywhere outside of the US, ask him if they'll ship outside the country.

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Interesting site, but a rather small selection and mostly tea bags. I like all the information everywhere, but there are a couple things I noticed with a quick look that make it seem amaturish.

On the accessories page the Hampton Tea for Two kit advertises a sale price good through Oct 31, 2009; it's already May 2010.

Under the Margaret's Hope Estate Tea, there is lots of info including explaining the different harvesting times (1st flush etc.), yet there is no information about which one you're buying. Also under the Quick Facts there is a grading nomenclature error: the "F" in TGFOP is "Flowery" not "Flavory".

12. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    I've told him about that - I don't know who is in charge of their website but they need to stay on the ball with things. He said that they were going to have new sales coming up soon and the dates should change, but I think I'm going to send an email to Jason and let him know that it should be changed or removed. Thanks for bringing that up because I've been so busy lately that I've forgotten to check that out and see if it was ever fixed.

13. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Discovered black tea, with more sugar then can possibly be good for me.

Keeps me ticking for an extra hour or two in the evenings, on the really long, tiring and generally crawl-back-to-bed kind of days.

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I have come back to drinking tea with the advent of the cold time of the year.

I currently drink Darjeeling, 2nd flush, ftgfop, and make it in a Japanese cast iron tea pot. I'll switch to a different tea when I have depleted that pound package.

Next time, it'll be Darjeeling, 1st flush, ftgfop. And I'll get myself some decent jasmine tea as well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.