1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Deck of Many Things and you.

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Bulges, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Bulges Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ok, what is the coolest or worst thing that has ever happened to you due to a Deck of Many Things?

My character just died due the Deck. Usually, I have great luck with the thing, but not this time. The party just found the Deck and decided to use it right away, BEFORE healing and resting. Since my character was the one that identified it, everyone voted to let me go first (our DM allows everyone to use it). To be completely chaotic, I rolled a d4+1 to determine how many cards I was going to draw. It came up four, so that meant five.

Card #1: Know the answer to a dilemma (ok, cool card for later).
    Card #2: Lose all magic items (crap, but I had the fewest of us all)
    Card #3: Lose 1d4+1 points of INT and may draw again (DM rolled 4, ugh, me is dumb now)
    Ok, I was already down, so I took the bonus draw to try and undo it.
    Bonus Draw: Lose 10,000 XP and must draw again (ouch, lost two levels [and 10hp], guess I didn't undo it.)
    Forced Draw: Immediately gain +2 to an ability score (yah! I put it in CHA since I was a Bard)
    Card #4: Lose all forms of wealth (ok, after the magic items, I didn't have much left anyway)
    Card #5: Defeat Death or forever be destroyed (ok, after all the other cards, and not healing beforehand, I had 4hp's left and no spells and nothing on me to use. I 'used' my answer next dilemma option and asked if there was anyway I could beat it. Guess what the answer was. So I folded up that character. :wail: )

I am determined never to do use the Deck again. I can quit any time I want too. [yeh, right].

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.