1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Drainer. (Fantasy)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Zurga, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Dreams come. Dreams come like the slow rainfall that precede the monsoon to come. Larhet dreamt of colours, the bad, good, wild, crazy colours that painted her, engulfed her in a wondrous chaos of light and darkness. Lareth stepped into her room at night. He felt a strange exhilarating feeling, that left him frightened, scared, scared of what he felt, scared of knowing what it was, as if he should somehow know what it was and react in a certain way, take a specific action.
    As he entered her room, he noticed the light approaching him. And then he saw her.
    Her mass seemed shifting, eyes radiating, her whole body glowing as if the sun had taken refuge in her, but failing to remain hidden. He felt aroused, burning with a streaming fire, her fire that seemed fill every inch of him. To fast to strong, he shouted for help, she was consuming him. He thought he had awoken his father, but still she burned him, flames reaching to the ceiling. Then he heard his father "Great Ones....". He awoke.

Serah awoke. Her dream was, as often, about her father being tortured by a dark reptilian beast. Only this time the thing had turned to her, had asked he about the weather, if she had any good dreams lately, was she happy. Was she happy?
    Damn that monster, that Larhet. Why didn't he stay away, why had he returned, why did she suddenly remember him. Why had he asked her if she was happy? Why did she care?

Blackspell awoke. Saw something shining beside him. Good, the bitch was still alive, though just barely. It would be a shame to send her of to oblivion just yet. She had at least five more charges in her. Better leave and summon the physician.
    He didn't. Didn't want to leave his abode. Besides, didn't Turning always preach charity towards the lesser-ones. Was he not doing a charitable deed, by sucking the last force of life out of this creature? Not to mention the joy of the darkness that followed. He lay back in the bed, watching the ceiling, enjoying the light stream from her to him, untill it went away, leaving only the dim lights from the city.

If this dosn't work, please let me know. Its a small part of a novel I hope to write, and dream to publish. And yes I know the title blows.

[ November 27, 2004, 07:58: Message edited by: Zurga ]

2. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I just now saw your piece (not having been on-site in almost a week). It's a nice little teaser. I look forward to seeing more...

3. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Okay it is actually something I cooked up for this forum. I have chunks of the thing in my head, but getting it keyboarded it another story. This is the start of the story.

Chapter one.
    "Come on Larhet". The girl ran ahead, hoping the game to continue.
    "Serah wait". The boy followed her
    "Aaron take her, before it's to late". The mother aware and fearful of the consequences.
    The man thought he had lifted the child up before anyone had taken notice. But at his home the lord arrived.
    "You, I thought I've told you to keep your offspring away from my son. You where warned!"
    The girl watched as her dad was punished for the first time in her young life. It took quite a long time, as she remembered later on.
    Screams filled the air, promises of remembrance, cries of mercy followed as the father was transformed from her dad, into a witless serf. A sad thing for a child to witness.

Larhet was disappointed. She was snatch away by her father, that mean man ruined the fun of the game. He went home stopping only to kick the odd rock in his path. A rain shower was on the rise when he got home. Larhet stopped before he reached the courtyard. A bad feeling overwhelmed him. It started to rain, which caused him to seek the safety of his home. His father stood by the fireplace. "Where have you been!".

"What was he doing here?" Serah shouted. "The old bastard barely rotting in the grave, then he shows up".
    "Serah!". Her mother was clearly upset.
    "Would you have this place torn apart by the Femer looking for subjects to supplement their own" her uncle replied. "If I recall correctly, your great-grandfather came from such a village, a village separated by the death of their High One".
    "I've heard of villages killing their local High Ones, and then fleeing somewhere else to start again". Serah was adamant, not to let the debate die into the usual words of wisdom from her elders.
    "If this is true, which I have doubt greatly, then the stories of the hunts must be equally true. The stories claim that the Femer make it a sport hunting and destroying these so-called wild villages" John sneered lowly. Her uncle was not truly angry. He'd heard to much of young peoples ranting to take her to seriously, and he just wish to shut her up, preferably before the wrong people jumped to the wrong conclusion. The large building housed up to 30 lives, anyone of these could make a note of his nieces comments, and regale a guard with this knowledge. Not that anyone would do this out of malice, they where all fine people, but when High of old had made examples of agitators they had rarely confined this example to one life.
    A hush silence set in. Not all at once. It swept through the room, like an ill wind created by the demons of the night. True enough, the man standing in the doorway, belonged to the ones, who easily could be mistaken with a demon. Not that the lord had any kind of disfiguring features, or that he in any way was hideous. But if you went out at night, and saw, or as most often, heard a Femer run around, you would find sleep absent that night.
    Larhet was unsure why he had come to the village at this hour, and why he felt the compulsion to visit his subjects. "They look okay". During his stay in the city he had, lacking better company, acquired the habit of talking to himself. He went by silently muttering a vague greeting, more to familiarize himself with their names, then to be polite. "Wilam. Hi Erika. Dieter. Jo. Angela. John, and.....eh who is this?" I know her! I must! "My Lord. This is Serah my.." "YES YOUR NIECE!!!" Larhet was unsure why he had shouted. "Eh.....Serah. Eh...nice weather we're having". Serah. "Where have you been" ringing in his ear. Outside a light rain began to hit the wooden roof of the opposing building, the sound almost mirroring Larhet's state of mind.

I didn't intend it to be a teaser, but as stated I have difficulty getting it down. The part I posted first wasn't ment to take place untill the 3rd chapter, or something like that.

[ December 07, 2004, 05:55: Message edited by: Zurga ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.