1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Dusty Dwarf Tavern

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Dark Xan, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

ooc: this is a RP Tavern with no rules exept for rules of reality there are no stats
    this tavern is for anyone who wants to enter just describe your charector as He\She walks in. In this tavern there will be fights in the arena and drinks served at the bar. if you have any questions or comments about rules and stuff e-mail me at trippetto@hotmail.com and i will explain.

*you walk in and see a bartender behind the bar you notice that the bartender that looks like a retired veteran*

*you walk inside*

Welcome to The Dusty Dwarf how may i help you?

[This message has been edited by Dark Xan (edited September 24, 2001).]

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Arabesh walks into the bar, wiping the dust from his head and shaking out his cloak from the road. "Too dry this season is...reminds me a bit too much of home..." He removes his cloak and his coin pouch and walks to the barkeep. "Have any water do you?" The man looks gruffly at Arabash but reluctantly gives out some water for free. He pours a bit in his hands and washes the dirt from his head, rune like tatoos of a god unfamiliar in this area shinning as the water cascades down his scalp. "My thanks, sir. Now...may I have a strong shot of something? Celebration is in order. Praise be to the Lord of Battle I made it here altogether. Seems like a welcome enough establishment for a weary jouyneyman spreading the good word and slaying a few unclean beasts in the process."

3. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

"sure"

*passes him strong drink*

"so brave adventurer have a seat and tell me of your travels"

(as the bartender gives him his drink a tall hooded creature walks in the door, the colour of his skin and pointy ears reveals he is a dark elf. He goes up to the bartender,interupting him)

*the dark elf takes off his hood*

(as his hood is removed you notice that there are scars and a few scratches here and there. Underneath the cloak you notice a glowing blue sword that is'nt like anything you have ever seen before)

"Greetings traveler" says the bartender

"do you have any rooms for rent"

"yes"

"i'll take whatever you have"

"that will be 1 gold peice"

*the dark elf flips the coin to the bartender*

*then the morehdel turns and walk up the stairs*

"wait" says the bartender

"I didnt catch your name"

*the dark elf turns around*

"I am Xan"

*with that said Xan hurrys off to his room*

ooc:by the way i am not talking about Xan from BG i am using the name and moonblade but thats all not the same class or personality not even the same race so i am not copying i am just borrowing two things: the weapon and name

[This message has been edited by Dark Xan (edited September 25, 2001).]

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

"How intruiging," Abaresh thinks to himself as the dark elf hurries up to his room. "Haven't encountered too many of their kind before. Wonder what bussiness he has here." Abaresh nods to the bartender, says a short prayer, and quickly knocks back his drink. "Ahh...it's the burn in the back of your throat that makes you feel alive, you know." He whipes his hand across his lips and continues to speak. "Well sir, I've been traveling from the desserts in the south. I'm on a disjmak as it is called...a quest to find onesself. I'm proud to call myself a holy warrior; with all my life, I serve the Lord of Battle, Maraketh. I've been traveling this way looking for causes to champion and glories and spoiles from battle to offer to my protector and god." Abaresh grins slightly, a stange look in his eyes. "Ah, yes I've seen my share of battles, and slain more than a few. But I've never killed an innocent by my blades if that's what you think." Abaresh pulls his twin scmitars from his side and slams them on the counter. Amazingliy, one seems to shine brighter than most have ever seen, while the other glows with an errie black light, sucking in light from around it. "Champoining a cause and killing indisriminately are two differnt things, friend. I'm sure someone such as your self understands these things." Abarash grins brightly and nods at the barkeep as me slowly puts his weapons back at his side where they belong. He quickly spins around and takes a seat at a nearbye table where he orders another stiff shot from a passing waitress, enjoying the fading scene of customers and passerthroughs going about their everyday lives.

5. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

"yes yes i have heard of such quests i never went on one though, and these scimitars they look very powerful,....anyhow my name is Uthar. Just call my name and i'll get you what you need, but for now i am retiring for the night."

*Uthar walks toward the stairs to his room*

"i'll see you in the morning"

[As time goes on the night falls and is soon followed by sunrise]

[in the morning you go downstairs and see the Xan examining his glowing blue blade]

[behind the bar is Uthar waiting for anyone to order a drink]

ooc:if you want me to change some of that last part, i will if you want something to happen during the night

[This message has been edited by Dark Xan (edited October 17, 2001).]

6. TarsomCarsomyr Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

*Tarsom Carsomyr walks in and takes a seat. He is obviously worn out from a long journey. He slips his helmet and armor off to reveal a handome figure. He has blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. He is about 6 feet tall, maybe a little more, with a heavy build. He looks very strong. A gnome takes a seat across from him and proceeds to do the same thing. The gnome has a very good physique, not built like a dwarf, but toned as such. His skin is darker than Tarsom's however he has the same blonde hair and blue eyes. He also has a distinguishing blonde gotee. The two begin to engage in conversation, the tone of their speech is relaxed, and they are obviously worn out.*

7. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

*Uthar walks toward the newcomer's table*

"would you like a drink?"

[just as Uthar says this the Xan chants something softly and his blade glows brighter]

*Xan taps his quikly emptied glass for a refill*

Uthar says to Xan "Be with you in a moment"

8. TarsomCarsomyr Gems: 2/31

*Tarsom turns toward the man* Two orders of the house special please. And a room if you have one, and if not, then directions to the nearest inn.

*the gnome agrees* Ay that's right.

9. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

*serves him two glasses of special*

"yup got plenty of rooms for ya"

"5 coins for the night and a coin for all ye ale you can drink"

*after he serves the glass he goes over to Xan*

[on his way over to Xan he notices the gnome walk upstairs to his room]

Xan "i need some ale"

Uthar "what kind?"

Xan "anything will do"

*Uthar turns quikly and gets a glass of ale, then gives it to Xan*

*Xan hands him 6 coins*

[as he hands him the coins you notice the strange marking on his hand]

*Xan slowly sips his ale in an impatient mannor, as if he was waiting for someone*

*Uthar shakes his hand and returns to Tarsom*

"so are ye going to stay for the night?"

10. TarsomCarsomyr Gems: 2/31

Aye that be right. *Hands over 8 coins.* Think of it as a tip of sorts. *Drinks his ale and converses with the gnome for a few minutes then turns back* If you'll show me to my room I think I'll be getting some shut eye now.

11. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

"right this way"

*walks up the stairs motioning to follow*

*opens door*

"here is your room sir"

[Tarsom and his gnomish compainion enter their room]

[A little time passes and Uthar is behind the bar wiping it off with a rag while a few customers come in get a drink socialize and leave, yet Xan is still there]

*Uthar walks over to Xan*

"waiting for someone are we?"

Xan "yes i am waiting for a freind"
    [a small pause goes by]

Xan "me and my freind, Krivite are on our way to Elvardien to speak with the Eheledel leader because we have an important mission we are'nt allowed to speak of."

Uthar "oh i understand, back in my younger years i had a few missions dealing with the light elfs, wierd bunch they are."

Xan "yes too goody goody for me"

Uthar "well i have things to do so good luck waiting for ya freind"

*Xan goes back to examining his Moonblade*

*Uthar goes up to his room and goes to bed*

[As some time passes the sun rises and Uthar goes downstairs to see only Xan is down here this early and it appears his freind Krivite is with him]

[Xan and Krivite talk for a little while and then Xan walks up to the bartender]

*Xan approaches Uthar*

"thank you for the room and here is a coin for your troubles"

*flips him 1 gold coin*

Uthar "thanks for stopping by come again soon"

*Krivite walks outside*

*Xan walks towards the door and quikly runs back to Uthar*

"one more thing if someone comes through here asking for Xan or Krivite tell him we went "East" ok?"

Uthar "sure thing, ......farewell and good luck"

*Xan walks out the door*

[the room is emtpy exept Uthar who is behind the bar, Tarsom the gnome and Arabesh are in their rooms still asleep]

12. TarsomCarsomyr Gems: 2/31

*And dont forget Tarsom's friend, Ceymour Scheppen, the courageous fighter gnome.*

13. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

ooc: oh yeah forgot about your partner char
    man this messes up a lot of stuff

14. TarsomCarsomyr Gems: 2/31

OOC: dont worry about it. Hey guess what your post is on fire now, 11 replies, woo-hoo!

While asleep....

*Tarsom dreams of his beautiful girlfriend Camber Requee Jennings.*

Tommorow Tarsom will go back to the town of Shaer to this wonderful lass.

15. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

ooc: if you dont mind go ahead and go downstairs so i can post again because right now i cant really do much untill you go downstairs and about your partner can you just edit your post and remove him it will screw up a lot of posts of mine if he is still there so it would be easiest if he just never existed

16. TarsomCarsomyr Gems: 2/31

OOC: let Tarsom get his nights rest! ( I am about to call my g/f and talk to her so ya know.) Ceymour Scheppen (the gnome) isnt a permanent addition, he's just temporary (gnome fighters dont last too long in the world of DnD).... so someday he will get killed. But anyways, I cant talk much more so you might just shut down the inn for the night. lol. Sorry Uthar. Tarsom needs his shut eye.

17. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

ooc:i already made them sleep all you have to do is go downstairs, pay and then leave

you can always come back later, remember

and we will i'll make it so that when you two walked in he went to his room first thing doing anything else would take a long time to fix

18. TarsomCarsomyr Gems: 2/31

OOC: okay whatever, just fix it up however you like. I am confused.

19. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

i am confused also but i think i got it stratend out

as soon as Arabesh, and your two charectors leave it will be rather easy to run this tavern but right now its very confusing because i hadn't exactly figured out how to do this until now

20. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

A tall man walks in the door, cloaked by the night as the Bartender was going up the stairs. The man walks in through the doorway wearing a large overcoat with a large black cloak covering his shoulders and head. He pushes back the cloak to reveal his face. At first glance people would say that he is about 21, but upon closer examination his features reveal years, or maybe centuries of experience. Although he looks old his hair greyed but at the root it is black. He is human and has rather beuatiful face. As he pushes back his over coat a glimpse of a large shining sword glints from under his overcoat.
    He looks up at the retreating barman with interest, or what would normally be called interest.
    "setting down early barman, thats not like any bar i've previously been to..."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.