1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The final battle (spoilers I think)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by HeartOfDarkness, Sep 21, 2002.

1. HeartOfDarkness Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Hi, I just reached the final battle and I have a question, how do you kill those damn twins? I had my bard cast enough dispell magics to dispell pretty much everything yet nothing happens and my fighters (both of which have +5 weapons which would definately get rid of stoneskins and such) can't even hurt them. At the same time I keep wasting all my dominates to stop all the monsters that pop up from nowhere from attacking me not to mention the fact that they keep stunning me almost every single round. Is there something I missed during the game that would help? I know I could have made a deal with that xvioasid whatever his name is god of theirs but it's too late now. Can anyone help? The only thing I can think of is that maybe those three opponents not warded against anything that surround me are the cause of all the protections but that is stupid cause they can't cast a spell to save their lives.

(by the way I released the archimandrite but he was worthless, he died faster than everyone else)

2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

The mage, who has teleported your party in this room, is in the right corner of the room and he is the one who summons all the monsters.Just send one of your fighters to kill him.

3. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The twins have a variety of high level protection spells on them. It is very hard to hurt either of them in the early part of the battle, particularly Madae. Remember, stoneskin is a pretty low end defensive spell as such things go.

The most important thing to do immediately is kill Buvai, who is off to your right (out of sight). He is the source of 90% of the summoned critters. Generally, killing all the henchmen while keeping the twins distracted with summons and monks is a good idea.

Once the henchmen are dead, which shouldn't take long if you put your mind to it, opinions differ. Some advocate continuing to distract I & M until their spells wear off. Most of them are 1 round/lvl type things and wear off after 20 or so rounds. I chose to mob Isair myself. I had one barb using a +5 greatsword, greater rage, and a Scroll of Protection from magic fighting him the whole battle, the rest joined later. He has pretty high damage reduction, but its not invincible. It *seems* lower against slashing weapons, but that might be a trick of memory since my slashing weapons did a lot more damage to start with (all the 2h weapons in the game are slashing). Eventually, he goes down. Try to keep Madae away from him, though, because she's a cleric.

My cleric mostly wandered around applying heals and other restorative effects.

The Protection from Magic scroll and the Seven Eyes spell protect you from the stun effects of Blasphemy (as does spell resistance, if you have enough). Impervious Mind *might* but I never had anyone who could cast it, so I'm not sure.

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Good tips.

I'll keep them in mind when I get there.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.