1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Forbidden Forest Character Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Nicolas Hydre, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Name: Rainette

Race: Grippli (from AD&D 2nd Ed. Monster Manual II)

Class: hunter

Appearance: Grippli look like large tree frogs, with moblile arms and hands. Rainette can stand about 3 feet high when standing on his hind legs. His skin blends in with his surroundings.

History: Rainette grew up in a large brood. He has recently fought for and won his own hunting territory. In a few seasons he will try to win over a mate with his beautiful singing.

EDIT: I just realized I was thinking of the grippli when I made Rainette, not the Tasloi.

[ December 19, 2005, 18:15: Message edited by: Scot ]

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Name: Derek Windfollow

Race: Half-elf

Class: Druid (Avenger)

Appearance: Derek has leather armor on, and many twigs and leaves attached to his clothes. He has brown hair, blue eyes, and has a rugged look to him.

History: Derek has lived in the Forbidden Forest for most of his life. He watches over the wood, and sometimes, but rarely, leaves. He is originally from Tethyr.

4. Kelvin Dalf Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Name: Kelvin Dalf

Race: Human

Class: (Does not use class system) Like a ranger I guess...

Appearance: Oldest one of my team, y'all! So he's old n cranky, naw, he's got black hair and a gotee.
    He wears armor...

History: Kelvin has secretely fought to protect the forest for years before our story begins...

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Having done some research on naga I came up with the following:

One the word is rooted in Sanskrit. Nagas were not evil but semi-divine.
    - - -- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - --

SSmalass

Mutated naga.

Head and torso vaguely human with 'arms and hands'.

The story goes that SSmalass's mother swallowed a mage whole while carrying SSmalass. Before dying the mage cursed her offspring. SSmalass ended up being rather different from the other nagas.

He/she/it is more human, has a great deal of curiousity about the world in general and may even have gotten some of the mage's abilities. But no training He (for the sake of ease) is smaller than the normal naga but still a good size.

The other nagas would not accept SSmalass. In fact they tried to kill him. He barely escaped alive and is now hiding out.

I am flying pretty blind on this so any suggestions are welcome.

Update:
    He is not a mind reader but does get sensations from others. A protective ability? "This thing wants to kill me, is afraid of me, doesn't care."

MAJOR CHANGE:

Ssmalass is now a huminoid. About 6'7' tall, brownish skin with short kinky hair, greenish eyes. Ugly, not run-for-the-hills ugly but "gee, is he ugly but kind of interesting"

[ February 07, 2006, 05:14: Message edited by: Nakia ]

6. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

I love nagas ^^ Anyway that character seems good for the rp. A like the similarity with my main character, Nicolas, with the tortured past. I would like it if at first you try to kill us. Surprise us at anytime, don't worry about a bad entry. The story so far goes like this. I am a boy seeking answers.
    My dreams told me to go through the Forbidden Forest to find some answers. I meet a toad creature who wants to help me. He comes up with a plan to get me out by swimming through. We then meet up with Derek who is powerful and will proove to be a great ally. Will still havn't met up with kelvin yet. We probably will soon though.

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I was thinking that Ssmalass was still suffering from his injures. If Scot's toad character was in the lead whether on the ground or lower branches doesn't matter I could go after him but miss of course.

8. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

We'll probably be in the water. Can you get him from there. He'll most likely be in the lead.

9. Nakia

Media:
    Naga originally came from the water. Let's go.

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

your welcome for the idea of naga, lawl!! ;)

11. Nakia

Media:
    I do thank you Irenicus. It was a great idea.

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

no problem... LAWL! :blush:

13. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Oh you two^^

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

stop doing ^^!! its not GAIA!

15. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

lol I like doing that ^^

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Again, please stop with the back-and-forth conversations here on the boards.

17. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

18. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, I was browsing through the RPC and located this RP by chance. It looked different, bot in the bad wy though, to most the others, so I took a peek. Tasloi? Naga? This is excellent. Well, hopefully you'll all be happy for me to join the team.

Hydre, I'm going to make a character here and now. However, I have some ideas to throw at you so check for Pm's from me soon. ;)

Name: Salorn Vulruk

Race: Drow (Dark elf)

Class: Taught well in the dark magics. Evil

Appearance: As all Drow elves, Salorn has long, white, shimmering hair. He always wheres his elven field armour accompanied by his large assortment of axes that hang from his back and belt. His eyes are deep and dark, changing colour with his moods. They change from a sky blue to deep red.

History: Being a typical Drow, Salorn was born in the Underdark city of Menzobarrenzan. He had stayed there as a respected (despite his male gender) figure in the Vulruk family until his one hundredth and sixteenth birthday. This was when Salorn had left the city, along with a large group of Drow, to commit raids on the 'fairy' (Surface elf) camps above. However, thigns had gone awfully wrong and none of the Drow ahd survived, save Salorn. Since hten, the Drow has lived in the Forbidden Forest, for the sunlight rarely reaches his dark skin.

19. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Another thing about Rainette, which might be different from typical Tasloi, he secretes an oil from glands on his back that makes him taste horrible, causing any creature who gets him in its mouth to spit him out and then violently vomit for several minutes. He also can collect this oil and put it on his dagger and arrows.

20. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Name: Garron VanDran

Race: Half-Elf

Class: Retired Bounty Hunter , now a fisher man

Appearence: An old man with a beard like Boromir in lotr. A leather vest, green breechs and sandals.

Items: a bow but when unstrung is a walking staff. Also he has a harp.

When it is a good time i'll come in on my boat.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.