1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Discussion in 'Playground' started by reepnorp, Feb 1, 2003.

1. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    So, who out there other than myself is going to get this game? Who has been waiting in anticipation for two years? Who pre-ordered already, to get Master Quest?

2. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I want this game so bad I can taste it, but I'm highly disappointed from the screen shots that I've seen. Is it me, or does it have a "Paper Mario-ish" look to you? The Gamecube has wonderful potential, anyone who's seen Super Mario Sunshine knows this, and I dunno, I haven't seen any recent screen shots, but if it was like the last ones I've seen, then shame on them for not using every ounce of power that the Gamecube can pump out with this game. If it's the same, a lot of fans are not gonna like the looks of it. But then again, if it has a wonderful Ocarina of Time storyline, then I'm more then sure I'll forget all about it.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

*drools* Legend of Zelda *drools*
    I'm not up to date in Nintendo news, any reveiws/screenshots?

4. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Here is an awesome site about WW, with screenshots, video footage, and even an item list! I find this site to be one of the best.

Zelda Universe

[ February 01, 2003, 16:19: Message edited by: reepnorp ]

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

The SNES could pull of lame graphics like that. Seriously people, that little cube could do a lot better than that!

6. reepnorp

Media:
    I know. We should all band together, and find out who decided it shold be cell-shaded, and smack them a few times with a trout!

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Shigueir Myatoma (or however it's spelt) decided it should be cell-shaded. The screenshots look pretty naf yeah however the unaminous (sp?) opinion of all the reviewers who actually played it is that the graphics suit the game perfectly. If you can have a look at some of the videos and the cell graphics look damm fine in motion.

8. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I was quite satisfied with the "realistic" direction Zelda: OoT was taking. Even though the stubby characters in FF7 and games before that were no problem to me even when others did complain of their unrealistic looks, I cannot imagine playing a kiddygame such as this upcoming GC Zelda. Played every one of the Zelda games through so far, save Majora's Mask (well, for obvious reasons I skipped that one). But the marketing policy of abandoning old fans in face of potential kiddy customers is like hitting me in my face with a 300-pound sledgehammer. This is the end of Zelda for me.

9. reepnorp

Media:
    To be honest, I don't care how the graphics actually look. Just to let you know, I've already pre-ordered. I mean, for crying out loud, it's still Zelda!

10. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Foradashar: Since when did graphics determine if a game was worth playing. I say never. If you've been playing since the 8-bit days, you just impale yourself with your own spear. I always say the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Play it before you rate it.

11. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Frog: Graphics always have an effect on the game. But obviously I wasn't referring to how many special effects, pixels and nice extras the graphics of this upcoming Zelda has. I was referring to the style. I can't play a Zelda with any sort of immersive feeling if the maincharacter looks like Donald Duck drawn by Picasso. I can respect the fact that someone else might be able to disregard this, or not even care about it to begin with, *or* even as much as like it. But I cannot.

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

You can judge a lot by how it looks. It looks like a little kiddy game. OOT was wonderful, this Wind Waker looks very simple. I somehow doubt it will have the depth of OOT by how it looks like a kiddies game

13. reepnorp

Media:
    Super Mario Sunshine looks like a kiddie game, it's fun as hell, and very hard later on. Plus, can you honestly say that you have never played an awesome game with bad graphics?

14. Otaku Hanzo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] A long time friend of mine and myself have a saying: "Good graphics do not make a great game." Now, sure, everyone loves their eye-candy now and then, but that's not what makes a game. Gameplay is the most important part of a game. If it's fun, who cares what it looks like. But, this is all moot anyway considering I have played the demo for Wind Walker at the Wal-Mart where I work, and I must say I was happy with what they did. It's like playing inside a 3d Disney movie. The explosion effects and smoke effects kicked ass, the animations on the characters faces and body movements kicked ass. I was thouroughly impressed by what I got to see. However, I did not need to even play the demo or see screenshots to know I wanted the game. As one of you mentioned above: It's Zelda. ;)

15. reepnorp

Media:
    Do any of you know the whats going on with ebgames.com? They keep changing the date of the bonus disk shipping! First it was on Feb. 17, then 6, then 5, and now it's back to the 16th!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.