1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The mysterious Group

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Register, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Here is another story that emerges from the Tavern of Infinity 2. I was asked to put up the topic and here it is, I don't have the time for writing roght now.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Well then I'll start aye.
    Ashuming we are using the same characters.

IC:
    A bright glow surruonded (sp?) Nirneath Arnoediad as he stepped through the doors leading out from the tavern. Nirneath bent down blinded from the glow, covering his eyes. He felt like he was spinning round and round faster and faster. After a while he felt his feet hit something solid and cold. Everything went black.

Nirneath, the halfling, tried opening his eyes but the glow had left him blinded. After a few minutes his vision started to return.

Looking around he found himself crouched in the corner of a cold and wet ally. There was the smell of surage all around him. By the looks of the ally way Nirneath concluded he was in a densly populated city somewhere. On some planet. In some plane.

Struggling to his feet Nirneath stumbled over to the exit of the ally, still shocked by the exit from the tavern. Out side of the ally, Nirneath found himself in a large deserted road. The paving on the road was a master peice its self. But everything around the road made the road seem like a dead rotten cow in the middle of a palace.

He looked up at the buildings around him, all nicely alined, well kept, and had a sence of poshness around them. After been in the ally this was yet another great shock to Nirneath, who himself, is quiet an experianced plain traveller.
    Looking around again Nirneath relised the street wasn't quiet as empty as he first thought. Standing about 20 metres to his left, on the same side of the road stood a dark character. Stairing at him Nirneath was sure he reconised him from somewhere. Panning his gaze around he came across another character on the opposite side of the road from the last one. This one wore something mitallic around her neck, Nirneath could tell by a shinning reflection off it.

Moving closer the halfling relised where he had seen these people - or elves - before. The one on the opposite side of the road was a moon elf called Lithien. And the dark one opposite her was a half-drow, intent on killing the mage Blackstaff of Waterdeep. The drows name, if Nirneath remembered right was Velve Zauviir.

Nirneath quietly sneaked up closer to see what would develop before relvealing himself.

OoC: Sorry about the long post, but the seane (sp?) needs to be set. When other people leave the tavern feel free to join in.

One last thing, shouldn't this be in the Role play corner?

3. Register Gems: 29/31

Velve turned to the Halfling and said:
    -"I knew you would come along, Nirneath. The tavern wasn't enough excitment for you? Well, if you follow me I will show you excitment." Velve takes Nirneath and Lithien with him into a tavern named "the chrushed skull."
    -"In here you can get some decent equipment. The owner here is a follower of Shar and a good friend of mine. He will help us getting whatever we need. Luckily, I already have everythin I need."

As they walked deeper and deeper into the dark tavern they met the bartender. He was a small, strange man. Actually, he was a dwarf. As the halfling and the other elf stared at the dwarf with the "what-the-f*ck-a-dwarf-that-worships-Shar?" kinda eyes he started to talk.
    -"Well hello Velve, my fiendish friend. What can I do for you? Who are these and where are our friends?" The dwarf asked.
    -"Our warband is destroyed by Khelben Blackstaff and, well, I think that you should explain who you are." Velve said.
    -"Aye, ye can do that. I usually forget that myself. Hehe."

-"This is Kreg Hivenaxe. He is a shield dwarf and a abandoner of his race. He didn't like the ways the dwarf's taught him like how to live like Moradin say and that everything is about the gold so he left his cavern and met me. We had a good talk about leaving their races and we both thought that Shar was the greatest for our kind of people. I already was a follower of Shar and he entered the curch after this. He also entered our warband that I have already talked about, y'now, the ones that robbed people. He retired just before I met Khelben and therefore survived the attack. He retired here in Neverwinter and opened a tavern for the public but have another buisness "under the carpet" for members of the curch of Shar, so to say."

-"Aye, there I sell the best of magic goods and mithril equipment. I can see on ye that you don't be Shar followers but you are with Velve so I will let it go, this time."

Velve turned to the others and asked:
    -"So, do you need more equipment or do you have all you need?"

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

"Ah, so we are in the great city of Neverwinter. The home of mad dwarfs who throw bar stools around taverns (ooc: :rolleyes: )," Nirneath said in a quiet voice. Turning to the bar keeper he said, "Yes, you certainly are right, but I would love to look at your magic wears if you would be so kind."

Looking Lithien in the face he thought "I wonder if he knows we were tring to kill that drow?"

5. Register Gems: 29/31

-"Aye, then follow me ma friends." The dwarf led them down thrue the stairs hidden behind a bookcase to a chamber of mithril weapons. He looked the halflings way and asked:
    -"What do ye ask for?"

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

ooc: What the hell?! First things first, this is true roleplay corner material. Next thing, Lithien and Velve hate each other. So I guess I'll have to do some twisting of what you've said to make it make sense.

IC: Lithien neatly avoided the half drow, letting them walk into the tavern ahead of her before she herself slips through the door of the tavern. She hangs back from the others a bit, intruiged by the conversation they were having.
    She sat down at a table close to them, thinking of the interesting possibilities these magical weapons may hold, and how best to warn this Khelben person of the upcoming attack.
    She nodded her head to Nirneath when he caught her eye, but otherwise pretended to be rather interested in the dingy ceiling as the dwarf led the halfling away.

7. Register Gems: 29/31

OoC - Yeah, I posted this in the wrong forum I know. But as you probably have understood by know we are plotting against each other every minute that goes, I just don't have anyone to speak about it to.

8. Rotku

Nirneath looked at the dwarf in confusion. "What did I ask sorry sir?"
    But he continued to follow the dwarf, even if he did follow slightly further behind, walking next to lithein now.

9. Register Gems: 29/31

OoC - What do you mean RotKU? Ask the dwarf?

10. Rotku

OoC: sorry I think I'm a bit lost. Didn't you say something like "What do ye ask for?" I ashumed it was the dwarf saying this, and I ashume he was talking to me because no one else had posted. Unless you were talking to your half drow, or himself.

11. Register Gems: 29/31

OoC - He meant in what do you want of thses item, as you entered the room with all the mithril.
    -------------------------
    -"I asked ye which of these amrors or eapons ye want."
    Kreg turned to Velve and whispered:
    -"They are pretty dumb, should I give them the "special" equipment or the normal."

Velve answered as quiet:
    -"Whatever you want. Oh wait, I remember now. The first weapon they choose, put one of those "thruth-telling" charges on that weapon so that I can activate it whenever I feel nececcary. Don't trust them, but I think they trust me. Fools."

The dwarf smiled and asked the halfling:
    -"So, what do you want?"

12. Rotku

Nirneath relising what the dwarf was asking him said in reply "You got any good dagger? I lost my last one in that tavern."
    He turned to look at Lithein to she what she was doing.

13. Register Gems: 29/31

As the dwarf picked up a good mithril dagger from a pile of weapons he muttered some words and gave it to the halfling.
    -"Here ye go. And whats for the pointy eared lass?"

14. Rotku

Spinning the mithril dagger nimbly around in his fingers he shoves it in this cloak, and at the same time pulls out a dagger with a golden light coming off it. He quickly twirls that around in his fingers like he's comparing the two before shoving it in his cloak. The opposite side of the cloak to the other dagger. "Yeah, pretty good," Nirneath said. "How much do I owe you?"

15. Register Gems: 29/31

-"Don't worry 'bout dat now, pal."(OoC - I am really talking like a stereotype dwarf don't I?)
    "I just want money out of you when you are done with your quest for wealth. Or is it for wealth?"
    Kreg looks with questioning eyes on Velve.
    -"Well, actually, we are going to hunt down the wizard that killed our warband. His name is Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun. Do you know him or of him?"

The dwarf started to scream:
    -"Are ye out of yer head?! There is no way ye can kill that fizzle guy named Blackstaff!"

Velve punched Kreg on his nose.
    -"Good, now meaby the people of Kara-Tur can help us. They should at least have heard it by now!"

You could see how the dwarf got mad.
    -"So, ye can NOT go and kill him, he be a regular here."

Velve looked at the dwarf, seeing how he was stressed by the quest.
    -"Now I remember, ye quitted our warband just before all but me was killed. It was also YOU that told us to rob people at that road. You are working for Blackstaff, a given enemy of Shar! You, you, you traitor! You are going down!"

The dwarf backed up a bit.
    -"Now, now, ye shouldn't hang up on that. After all, ye maked it back here, didn't ye?"

Now Velve got even more mad
    -"Meaby so, but all our friends we had, all our comrades? They were killed by this man and his hired goons!"

The dwarf now stopped backing up.
    -"The goons? Did they survive?"

-"No, they were killed by me, just as you are going to be now!"

-"Lets see about that, shall we. Come, my guards, we have some troublemakers here."

Four soilders bursted in the door to the treasure-room where the group and the dwarf have been in.

16. Rotku

At the first sign of troble (sp?) Nirneath whipped out his new mitril dagger and threw it, with unnatural accuracy at the leaver to close the door off from the gaurds. Spinning around he took out his other golden glowing dagger and threw it through the dwarfs foot, pinning him to the ground.
    "Now maybe we can talk about this like nice civilized people," the halfling said with a remarkible (sp?) calm voice. He pulled out yet another dagger and turned to face the half drow

OoC: looks like Litheins disappeared somewhere, and no one else from the tavens coming.

17. Register Gems: 29/31

OoC - But thats doesn't mean we have to quit, right? :(
    --------------------
    IC:
    Velve looked at the halfling with a suprised look.
    -"What, are you going to kill me? I haven't done you anything. By the way, great throws there."

18. Rotku

OoC: you can quit if you want, but I'll continue posting to myself somehow. They'll come, hopefully.

IC: "Now who said I was going to kill anyone. I just have no idea what is going on so would like to know what has happened between you before I take a side, if that is undestandable of course," Nirneath said in a comanding voice.

OoC: yeah I am lost, not just Nirneath but RotKU as well.

19. Register Gems: 29/31

OoC - Look up two of my posts.
    OoC - Also, I will stay, I liked this story.
    -------------------------
    IC:
    Velve answered.
    -"He was the one that is guilty of my friends death, and is a close friend to..."

The door crashed in and the four guards entered the room. They saw their boss trying to pull out the knife from the ground and release the foot as well, but the knife was to well thrown to let loose.
    -"You! You are attacking our boss? Traitor!"

Before Velve had a chanse to answer the guards came running at him. He drew his broad sword and threw it in the stomach of one of them, dropping him immediatly.(sp?) Then he drawed his Sai's.
    -"It's showtime."

[ July 03, 2003, 12:00: Message edited by: Velve Zauviir ]

20. Rotku

OoC: I tried looking two posts up but I'll work it out later, hopefully. And now I see why you wanted to know about those dagger things.

IC: Hearing the smash Nirneath draws his short swoard and knocks out the dwarf with the flat of the sword. "Leant that one from Morningstar, I did," Nirneath said as he turns to fight beside the half drow.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.