1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Nameless Room

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Erran, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Sorcerer has magiced a new chatroom into existence, (as yet nameless) complete with dicebot. Which means, if anyone wants to try out a little 3E gaming they can, all you need is 2 players and a DM and you can fight a duel. Learn how AoO work, try mage vs fighter at any level, see how realistic the ELs and CRs are, issue a challenge on the NWN boards.
    Check out Community - chatrooms

2. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Pardon my ignorance, but could you elaborate on those acronyms?

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'll take a stab at it:

3E - D&D third edition.
    DM - Dungeon Master
    AoO - Attack of Opportunity - You get free attacks on nearby enemies under certain circumstances.
    EL - Not sure about this one... Encounter Level?
    CR - Challenge Rating - The difficulty level of the combination of enemies your party is facing.

4. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

There was a discussion in the room about who would win, 1st level monk vs. mage. I'm sending out a challenge to those who would like to face my first level thief, as I want to see if he can actually survive any encounters. I'll be in the room near the end of this week, probably thursday or friday. Let me know if there are any takers at truerelic@yahoo.com.

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Mage vs Monk at first level would be a interesting fight. I think I'd put my money on the monk though. The monk can move pretty fast so the mage is only going to get one spell off before the monk is in melee. Magic Missile won't put the monk down with one shott so the mage has to be luck on a weapon hit. Once the monk is in close she will use flury of blows and stunning blow and the mage is going to be in big trouble.

As for your thief I'm not sure how he'd do in an open duel but if he got the jump on another 1st level character he would have a excellent chance to win. In a open duel I think I'd have to use a cleric or warrior type. Not very original but then an open duel is rather shallow of an encounter as well.

6. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

What would perhaps be even more interesting is a high level monk Vs high level mage starting ar a long range around 1000 ft. starting range. asuming that bothe sides know exactly were the other is.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.