1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Bahir the Red, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Who will win? Which team will go against the odds and defeat a higher ranked team?

Personaly, as a Laker fan, I believe the Lakers will beat the Suns in about 6-7 games. The series is tied at 1-1 after last night's Lakers win.

Oh, and, Kobe for MVP!

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm hoping for the Pistons, but i'm afraid it's going to be the boring Spurs again.

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Flip deserves a championship. If it's not Flip, I hope Dirk gets it. Timmy, Tony and Manu already have enough rings.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    While I agree that he is deserving, the unofficial annoouncement has already been made that Nash is going to win the MVP for the second consecutive year.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I take it we're talking about regular season MVP here ?

6. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

Yeah.

I realy think Kobe should get the MVP. I mean, he realy is the most valuable player. Take away Nash from the suns, you have an alot worse team, but they would still be in the playoffs. Take away Kobe, and you have a team that would be lucky to get 30 wins.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Agreed

Suns - Nash = 40 win team

Lakers - Kobe = Lottery City

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

take away Phil and the Lakers are the same bottom feeders they where last year.

Phil really should get coach of the year considerations, Flip and Avery Johnson are good coaches and all, but really they have great teams behind them. The Lakers were a lotto team last year, at Phil to the mix and suddenly we've got a playoff team.

Phil spent this whole season proving Pat Riley wrong.

9. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

Yesyesyyyes! Lakers take game 3 and are now up 2-1 against Phoenix. The game Phil has them playing is great, Kobe is sharing the ball alot, the ball is going into the hands of Kwame and Odom, and things are happening.

10. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

Oh... my... god...

PHX@LAL game 4. Incredible.

11. Pac man Gems: 25/31

You're not singing
    You're not singing
    You're not singing anymore
    You're not singing anymore

You know the melody right ?

:D

12. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

I think the phrase rhymes with "clucking bell"...

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Quite a feat, falling behind 3-1, and then win 3 in a row to win the series and advance to the next round. Next stop....LA once again. :D

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Clippers making a worse mistake than the Lakers trying to beat the Suns at their own game. Memo to Mike Dunleavy - you want to win, pound the paint and slow down the game, it takes them out of their rhythm.

15. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    And the Pistons are using a brilliant strategy in limiting LeBron. Every possession, they make sure the whomever LeBron is guarding gets the ball for a while. They're making him play hard on both ends of the floor. I don't care if he's only 21 - after a while that's going to tire you out.

16. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

I wonder if Dallas can capitalize on stealing one from the Spurs? I expected each team to win on their home court and push the series to a 7 gamer.

Anyway, we're seeing the real WCF with Dallas vs. SA.

17. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Happiness is beating L.A. in 7 games...twice!

18. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Chalk one up for the Big German.

19. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31

My only hopes now is that Miami wins against Detroit, and then win against whoever comes out alive from the WCF.

20. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

I'd personally like to see Dallas go the Finals is Miami is the eastern team to make it. I think Miami, with Shaq in Finals mode, would be the worst possible match up for Pheonix. Pheonix really has nothing to stop the Big Fella when he's in the zone.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.