1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The new adventure

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by theholygit, Oct 19, 2001.

1. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

In the Tavern there are several adventurerers and mercenaries sitting around drinking from tankards and shouting a talking loudly. Several Barmaids are walking around with trays serving people who order. A large man stands behind the bartable. He has a large beard, small eyes, and a long protuding nose. He serves to the barmaids who approach him.
    There is one man who has grey/silver hair with black roots towards the scalp. He has handsome features, that of a Human. He sits at the table his chair occupies, slouching and dozing, whilst resting from a weary day.
    A Barmaid approaches him and asks if he wishes a drink, he looks up at her, and ignores her. She walks away.
    He stands up and walks to the wanted hands board. He starts to look up and down the posters, as more and more adventurers file into the bar.

ooc: anyone elses cue to come in now, just describe yerself as your char enters play.

[This message has been edited by theholygit (edited October 20, 2001).]

2. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] "find anything good?"

A young looking lad, who whilst looking human had an odd look about him... something you couldn't quite put your fingure on, had appeared beside him, as if from the shadows themselves and now too was browsing the board.

ooc: hi

3. theholygit Gems: 7/31

Still scanning the boards Drazhar didn't see the young man who had appeared beside him. His eye caught on one perticular wanted poster, and he around before tearing it down, and folding it into his pocket.
    "Find anything good?" Was all that Drazhar heard from the young man standing next to him. Drazhar looked at the young man with interest. He could feel a little nagging in his mind that something was wrong with this picture but he couldn't quite figure out....
    " Hi there, I'm Drazhar, an Assasin, andi couldn't say that i havn't dabbled a bit in the magic arts as well." Drazhar goes shake the mans hand "And what, my friend, is your name?"
    ooc: hi how you doin.

4. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] "I have many names" the young lad pondered "but I think I like Dale the best anyway what do you have in that hand of yours, maybe we should attempt it together?
    Of couse everything would have to be split down the middle"

ooc: fine u?

5. theholygit Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Drazhar looks at his pocket breifly and then pulls his overcoat across his chest, as to obscure the pocket. "No, i have something bigger in mind," he points to the boards, and in particular a picture with a rather large sum of money on it, "Five thou for the capture of a Mage. Should be quite easy really. Been against quite a few mages myself." He takes the poster down from the board and holds it an angle so the two of them can see it clearly.

ooc: well i'm fine. What do you think for my first topic for a roleplay, not bad huh?

6. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] "Capture you say, well I must say I'm used to a more... final solution. But if the reward is good I don't see why not. Is there any more information on the sheet, it seems a little grubby."

ooc: Not bad, its only my first too :p

7. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

" aaah at last some keen adventurers to join me on the quest" says Khazar as he walks over to them, he sits down next to Drazhar."sorry for intruding but I couldn't help hearing ya talkin bout that there mage, if ya need a finely tuned half-elf fighter- mage-thief i'm your guy" he pauses for a moment to see their reactions... obviously not hostile so he continues "i'm with Dale on the final solution, but hey whatever goes, mind if I join ya?"

ooc: My first one to whadaya think?
    Either of you in ALFA i just can't get in.

8. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] "Hello there, ermm I do belive I missed you name, I have no qualms with you joining us but if we do accept the contract we WILL stick to it by the word... even if it is a... less than final solution"

9. Khazar Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] "that's fine by me friend"
    "oh aherm the names Khazar don't ask me my last name I don't have one i'm an orphan I could tell you my full life story if you want but I doubt you need to sleep at the moment" he gets up out of his seat " i'll be up at the bar a little while longer it's starting to get dark by the looks of it call me when we should leave".

ooc:where in the realms is this set cos a map would be nice so that we know where we're goin.

[This message has been edited by Khazar (edited October 29, 2001).]

10. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

ooc:
    ::cough cough cough::poser::cough cough::stole my idea::cough cough::Didnt ask::cough cough::........ahem exuse me

[This message has been edited by Dark Xan (edited October 30, 2001).]

11. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

*A young man, dressed in black and silver leather armor, with a long slender rapier by his side, both fashioned to be pretty and courtly as well as lethal, walks in.
    "Hello, there Drazhar. Nice to meet you again. What have you been up to since last we met? And who is your young friend?
    *Alexei turns and bows to the young man by Drazhars side and courtly intoduces himself.

OOC: If you were talking about me, Drazhar. *Im sorry hadnt noticed your post.
    Is this something like the tavern?
    I was kinda missing you in there
    (please if i totally got the idea of this post wrong, pleas correct me and i will edit it).

12. Ashila Daergel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

A female gnome with long dark hair walks in. You can see of her looks she isn't a normal person. Her hair shines gold when light falls on it, and her eyes are purple. She is slender, but not very tall. On her shoulder sits a white raven that has purple eyes too. She walks to the group and says with a soft voice: "Hello, my name is Ashila Daergel, I am a stranger in this area, do you mind if I join you?" After her the raven speaks: "Hey, Ashila, don't you forget something? I'd liked to be introduced too! Ehh, well, my name is Volon, and as you see I'm not a general raven, I've got dragon blood streaming throught my veins." Ashila looks to het raven, and says: "Volon, be quied please"

Ooc: I'd like to join to, never played like this before (I mean on a board), so if I make mistakes, please correct me. By the way, volon is Ashila's familiar, so that's the reason he is a litle strange.

13. Khazar Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Khazar notices the fair lady approach his new found friends and introduces himself 'hello m'lady I am khazar, oh yes and hello raven, I believe you are a familiar considering that you were speaking either that or you are puppet but I doubt that' Volon stares angryly at Khazar ' it is ok my friend I merely wanted make afriendly joke' Khazar attempts to pet Volon, but volon bites him on the index finger 'hey hey my friend i mean no harm'.he turns to Ashila 'heya I am part of this here group and am waiting to dpart im happy for you to join us please tell me a bit about yourself.....'

ooc: nice post, the others haven't replied for a while but i'm sure theyll be back.

14. Ashila Daergel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Ashila starts speaking ’Well you are right about Volon, I’ve summoned him when…’ but is interrupted by Volon ‘Hey, you are talking like I’m a little simple, and can’t answer for myself. Well, believe me, I can, and I will.’ Than he turns towards Ashila ‘And Ashila, about that summoning part, you know that’s my weak spot. The fact I am summoned and not, just like most creatures, born doesn’t mean I’m less than them. I’m not your pet or something, no I’m worth more than that, I’m special’ Ashila gives Khazar a apologising smile and than turns towards Volon and speaks to him with a understanding voice ‘Easy Volon, you know I think you are special, and sorry about that summoning..’ Than she turns back to the group ‘What I was trying to say, is that Volon came to me when I was preparing to leave my parent’s house, less than a year ago, and has become my truest friend since.’ She gives a wink to Volon, and Volon looks happy again ‘I’ve got no brothers nor sisters, but my parents are really nice folks, they were sorry I insisted to leave the house, and were afraid I was to young to take care of myself. That’s why they insisted me to .. umm… to take Volon on my travel. I agreed, though I like my parents, I really wanted to see more of the world. Everyone in my town thought I was funny, but I didn’t have any real friends, because they also thought I was weird. I’ve just been travelling since I left my home, not knowing where to go to, learnt a lot on my travel however, so many new places to explore. And now I’ve found you, a whole group that wants to go on adventure, how exciting. By the way, nice name you’ve got Khazar, how did you get it? And what are your names?” looking at the rest of the group. Than Volon mumbles ‘And she is calling me a talkaholic. By the way, what do we get when we join you? I mean, some share in the profit would be nice. Don’t forget we are with two’ Making himself as big as possible and trying to look important.

Ooc: thanks. Do you know if Ashila can have a different alignment than Volon? I mean, because it is her familiar they share much things, but I would like it better if I could give them a different behaviour.

15. Khazar Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] 'oh hello there yes i like my name too well to cut a long story very short i'm an orphan and my name was given to me by the barbarians that murdered my father it is a shortened version of Khazarad-my fathers name.' he seems edgy to carry on about his past so he changes the subject 'don't worry about the reward i will make sure that we get our share' he starts to cheer up, but at the same time keeping his cheek and scar well covered to avoid a response from his new companion. He gulps his ale down and walks back over to the bar signalling to Ashila to follow, she obliges 'whaddya want then' asks the barman 'pinta ale for me, and ashila what for you i'm payin so don't worry' they recieve the drinks 'tell me more about what sort of person you are'

ooc:If you created Volon then he has to have the same alignment as you i think otherwise he is the same as his creator and you are yourself. Do you want to e-mail me a little bout yourself you seem intriguing i can guarrentee a reply!

16. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] A tall Blonde haired man walks across the open space between the tables towards the bar. Every one of his steps is amplified around the large room and he gets a few inconspicuous looks from two drunkards at the bar. He is wearing a large, worn cloak that covers from his shoulders down to his feet. As the two ends of the cloak separate a glint of metal armour is shown with a large leather belt, the hilt of a longsword can just be seen as the cloak surrounds him again.
    As he reaches the bar he calls the barman over and asks for the strongest cheap drink that is in stock, he then procedes to look around the room. He looks down the bar, he sees a man and woman talking to each other as their order is met by the barman. He notices something familiar about the man though he can't quite place it. Then as the figure turns he notices a distinctive scar running from the brow of his eye to his cheakbone.
    He got up and walked down the length of the bar to the two. They turned to observe him, then before either of them could say anything he said 'Kazar?'.

ooc: This is my first post and i haven't had much experience yet. I read over you quest and immediatly wanted to join. please bare with me!

17. Khazar Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] 'hello friend how ya doin' as they both shake hands 'meet Ashila...' volon looks towards khazar '...and Volon her familiar raven' 'haven't seen you for a bit where ya been?

ooc: hello mate first post huh not bad... not bad at all.

18. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

'Hello old friend. i have just returned from an adventure with others to destroy what we could of an undead host.' he then sighed and seemed to have to find the courage to overcome his sorrow. 'many of the party died in trying to overcome a sudden attack while we were travelling through a pass. Only three of us escaped.....' he trailed off obviously dihearted by this. trying to change the suject he said 'so i'm here to find a new adventure, have you news of any?'

ooc: cheers, i thought the bigger the entrance the better.

19. Khazar Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] 'sorry for bringing up bad memories i didn't realize' quick to change the subject 'do ya wanna beer friend?' 'thanks that would be nice' he replied.
    All three of them go and sit down on a table next to dale's.

ooc:nice to see ya to see ya nice friend.msn won't download.

20. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] he could feel that Volon was a mystical bird just from its look, but he was not entirely sure on talking to it though.
    'so Khazar what have you been doing since we last parted company, have you seen our little Dwarf friend....ummm...kiol wasn't it? Now he was a perculier little fellow!'
    he look past them and almost seemed to go into a daydream.
    'You have a strange feel about you traveler, an aura of some kind but i don't know what.' Feirhanith looked at the bird briefly then got up out of his chair and left the table.'excuse me, does anyone want another drink.' there was a shake of heads from the other two, he turned and walked to the bar.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.