1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The PC's mother

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by LKD, Apr 23, 2003.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'm sure that this has been discussed before, but there is a serious hole in the storyline between BG1 and BG2. In 1, Gorion tells the PC via a letter that he was a "sometime lover" of the PC's mother. In ToB, though, we find out that the PC's mother was actually an evil priestess of Bhaal, and that Gorion rescued the PC from her attempts to kill the PC. Did Black Isle admit to a goof? Was Gorion a lover of a priestess of Bhaal? Please point me in the direction of a thread or link that explains this discrepency.

2. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Gorion could have easily explained this to the PC in an attempt to protect them until reaching an age that they could fully understand the situation. Kind of like not telling a child that they are adopted until they are older. Telling the PC that their mother was a priestess to an evil god and that you were to be sacrificed to that god isn't the easiest thing to maneuver. Talk about extended therapy sessions. Actually, it sounds like a Jerry Springer episode. :lol:

3. Lord_Of_Québec Banned

I know it is :yot: but is your mother show up as the same races? I mean " this is your mother dwarf, errr this is a human?! "

anyway Bhaal has suposely have thousend of diferent races children, Dragon, human, dwarf, elf, halfling, giant, but what about half-breed? I mean how did he manage to have a Half-breed when he his a "shapechanger god?"

4. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Maybe Gorian knew Gavalrey? Besides all the Harpers are neutral...(vomit....)

5. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Or good. Besides, Gorion said that they raided the place where they were to sacrifice the children.

6. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Lord of Quebec, your mother always shows up as your own race. Bhaal got with alot of different girls, from what I've gathered... ;)

7. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

When I was shown who my mother was (in game of course) she was an elf. Was an elf myself.

8. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

That's a good argument, Spelladonna, but given the fact that the way Gorion tells the PC (via a note, and in that note he tells the PC he is a Bhaalspawn) I don't think the extra knowledge of the mother's evil would be that destructive to the PC -- if (s)he can handle the fact his Dad was an evil god, why not the fact his Mom was an evil priestess?

I still say Black Isle blew it. And yes, I know, I'm a nit picking English teacher ;)

9. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Why not? If you have bad news, why parcel it out in bits and pieces when you can just inundate them with all of it and hope they turn out ok. I'm still of the opinion that Gorion meant well by withholding the information until the right time, though I doubt there is really any "right time" to tell someone that your mother was going to sacrifice you in the name of her god.

"Next.... on Springer; 'Moms who are evil priestesses and the god-children that love them'" :lol:

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] IIRC, Gorion was in love with your PCs mother but then discovered she was an evil priestess when he raided the place with his fellows.

There should be a BG expansion where it was Sarevok he rescued instead of you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.