1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Ring 2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I went into this not expecting to be as eerily disturbed as I was by the first one. The highlight of the first movie was when Samara's hands came out of the well. After that, you knew Martin Henderson's character was toast. It was the hands coming out that sent a genuine shudder down my spine. After that moment, there was nowhere to go but downwards. But overall, I still like it because ....

(Spoilers below)

Not as good as the first one, precisely because the novelty had worn off. But they still managed to make things quite interesting, and even suspenseful. And it did leave me guessing at times. For example, was Samara planning on possessing Aidan. Or was Aidan, due to his empathy and special insights, willingly becoming another 'problem child' like Samara. I think what impressed me the most was that the movie made me feel genuine sympathy for Samara, even for all her horrific deeds. She yearned to live again, and have what she wanted most but didn't have in her mortal life, a home with a loving mother. So desperate was she to attain this that she was willing to do anything to get it. I couldn't help but feel pity at her final fate, even if it was necessary.

2. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I saw the movie yesterday and really liked it. I was allready feeling sympathy for Samara during the first movie. She had a very bad chilhood.

I didn't like the deer scene in this film But I did really love the music! The dramatic instrumentall version in the begining of the movie when you only see water, just made me shiver!

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Hmm, better than the first one imo, but that's probably because I haven't seen nr. one in the cinema but on some lame 17" screen.

The thing is, it's supposed to be a horror film, but I just didn't get scared.

Interesting nonetheless.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.