1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Soul of the Axe (revised)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Kitrax, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The Soul of the Axe

Characters:
    Kitrax West – King of Mir

Safana West – Queen of Mir

Robert Cassiar – Captain of the Guard, Safana’s older brother

Amethien – a Silver Dragon

As Kitrax stumbled out of the bedroom, he stepped in front of a full-length mirror to see what the night had done to his hair. What he saw in the mirror made him laugh, it was surly the worst ‘bed head’ he had seen in a long time. Using his hand as a comb, he brushed his long golden brown hair back behind his pointed ears. After he was satisfied with his hair, he paused to look at the rest of himself. He was in many battles in the past twelve years or so, and the scars on his face showed it. One thing that always stood out about him was his height. As a child he grew taller than most of his friends, then eventually taller than his parents. When he was 6’1” his parents had a spell cast on him that would prevent him from growing further. He was constantly being asked if he was a half-breed because of his height, which to him got very annoying. At his height he might have been one of the tallest elves ever.

Then, a playful voice broke the silence, "How was your rest my extremely tall lord? I’m glad you didn’t hit your head on the doorway."

He swung around quickly; the morning sun catching in his blue eyes said, "Come here you sexy little elf!” As he grabbed his wife by the waist and pulled her close to him he said, “You know I hate it when you call me that. Unless of course, you would prefer me to call you one of the many nicknames your father called you. Hmmm, I know! From now on Safana West shall be called Shnuk--"

"NO, not that one! Anything but that name, I hated when he called me that. I- I promise I'll never call you 'my extremely tall lord' again." She said as the look on her face turned from desperate to seductive.

"Don’t give me that look, it’s too early for tha--" His words being cut short by a knight on horse back racing toward them.
    Within moments Kitrax could see that is was Robert, Captain of the Guard.

Robert was his right hand man, as well as his childhood friend. Has wearing his full plate armor, which seemed odd to Kitrax. As he rode up to the couple, he took off his helmet, and winked at his sister, then turned to Kitrax. Wiping sweat from his scared brow, and with an urgent tone he said, "Sir! There is an army of Drow advancing from the north!"

"How many, and where are they now" Kitrax said, his stomach dropping.

"One hundred, maybe more. They will be at the far edge of the forest in an hour or so. What should we do?" Robert said franticly.

"We shall go to the Throne Room, there, we shall plan our attack." Kitrax said turning to kiss his wife good-bye.

"Hey! That’s it?!? I may never see you again and all I get is a peck on the lips?" Safana said, knowing that Kitrax would be too preoccupied to respond.

There was no reason for the drow to attack, but there they were, lined up along the outskirts of the Forest of Mir. The drow did not come unprepared either; they had many battle mages, along with several priestess of Loth. But, out of the fighters, archers, mages, and priestess, the thing that sent chills down Kitrax’s spine was when he saw the drow’s only ally, a Demi Lich. Seeing the enemy’s powerful ally, Kitrax and Robert knew that they would need a ally just as powerful or their army would surly fall to the Drow.

"I’ve got it!" Kitrax said pulling a silver dragon shaped amulet from under his armor. Holding it over his head, he yelled, "Amethien! It is I, Kitrax, I require your aid at this time!"

With that said, the amulet started to glow slightly, then, quickly grew to a blindingly bright beckon of light. Even though Kitrax had put the amulet back under his armor, the light could still be seen through the metal. The light remained shining for a few moments before fading in to nothing more than a faint yellow glow.

"That’s it? That’s your plan; blind the enemy as well as us? Please tell me you have something else up your sleeve." Robert said confused.

"Just wait, you’ll see." Kitrax said patting Robert’s shoulder. "Remember how I told you that I helped kill a hoard of trolls attacking an old friend?"

"I…I think so. You didn’t say much about it, just that you killed a dozen or so trolls for attacking your old ‘pal’." Robert said trying to remember what was said so long ago.

"Well, I just asked him to return the favor." Kitrax said looking to the skies.
    Minutes later a shadow was cast over Kitrax and Robert both as a adult male Silver Dragon landed right next to them.

"Kitrax, I am here at your bidding. I shall aid you in your fight against these dark elves, I have a plan if you wish to hear it." The Silver Dragon said with a booming voice.

"Any plans or ideas you bring us old friend would be appreciated, please tell us what you had in mind."

"Well, before you called me forth, I was studding an enchantment to trap a soul in a weapon, thus, making it more powerful. I have trapped one soul in a weapon, but I would like to try to trap two souls in one weapon. I would like to cast the enchantment on the drow’s Matron Mother and the Demi Lich," Amethien explained.

Looking at each other, Kitrax and Robert shrugged and said, "Why not? It’s worth a shot, even if it fails, they will probably die anyways."

With that said Amethien took a magical double bladed axe out of his pack, leaped into the air, and flew towards the battle that had already begun. Amethien didn’t know what would happen if two souls were forced in to one weapon, but he was sure it would work. When he was in range of the matron mother, he started casting the spell. After the last words were spoken, the axe he had, started to hum. The axe kept humming, louder and louder, pulling, and tearing the matron’s soul from her body.

With a chocked gasp, she yelled, "Loth protect m--" Before she could finish she fell to the ground, a dead vessel.
    With the matron’s soul trapped, Amethien turned to the lich, and began casting. The axe was still humming, but after he was done casting the spell, the hum grew to a high-pitched ring.

Something was wrong; Amethien felt a sharp pain in his chest. He turned to look at the lich, and realized that the lich had cast Spell Turning on himself: a powerful spell that reflects any spell cast at him back at the caster.

With his soul rapidly being torn from him, he turned to Kitrax and with his last words screamed, “Kitrax, avenge me! Use the axe!” With that said, Amethien threw the axe towards Kitrax and fell out of the sky.

As soon as Kitrax caught the axe he felt his muscles bulge with the strength of a dragon, and the dexterity of the Drow. The axe also gave him the ability cast the breath weapon of the Silver Dragon, a cone of intense cold. He also felt his armor becoming stronger, and lighter.

After dismounting his horse, Kitrax raised the axe high over his head and asked Torm to bless it as well as himself so he could defeat the invulnerable demi lich that had been wiping out his forces without lifting a finger. After a brief moment of silence, Kitrax felt a slight tingling throughout his body, and he knew he would be able be able to kill the lich.

As he ran towards the battle, he took two mages with him to dispel any illusions the lich might cast. Trying to cast a spell while running, both mages were able to cast some protection spells on themselves, and each other.

When Kitrax struck the first drow he came to the axe seemed to pull it’s self right through the drow’s body, cutting the evil creature right in half. Kitrax and the two mages carved a path through the battlefield that led right to the lich. The lich saw the three coming at straight for him, and started to cast an Imprisonment spell at Kitrax; but was too late. Kitrax swung the axe hard, and the blade passed right through the magical shield that no one until now had been able to pierce. The lich jumped back, avoiding the blade, but interrupting his casting.
    The mages cast several spells at the lich, but stopped when everything they cast at him was reflected back at them. With his second swing Kitrax sliced off part of the lich’s shoulder. In retaliation, the lich cast Flame Arrow at him, burning charring his skin.

The shock was so great that he stumbled backward and tripped over one of his men who had fallen to the lich. To his horror he looked down to see a body that had been soaked in acid. With a cringe, he jumped up to avoid another Flame Arrow coming from the lich, the magical arrow missed Kitrax, but hit the body he had just tripped over, and caught it on fire.

"You will pay for doing that to my men, no one deserver to die like that! I shall send you back to the hells where you belong!" Kitrax said, his fury overpowering him.

With a voice that felt like a thousand needles, the lich said, "Stop moving fleshling, and you'll end up like your friend there!"

This made Kitrax even madder than he alreasy was as he took another swing at the lich and hit home, green blood spilled from the side of the lich where the blade of the axe was still impaled. With all his might he ripped the blade out of the undead thing it was stuck in; swung the axe over his head, and beheaded it.

Knowing that it would not rise again he shouted, "Yes! Go back to the hells, and never return!"

Covered in the lich’s blood, he turned back to the battle at hand. He and his mages fought their way back across the battlefield, killing many of the matron-less drow. He stayed in the battle until it was won.

In the end there were only four handmaidens, and eight drow left who surrendered. They were taken as prisoners or slaves to work in the mines.

When a handmaiden was asked why they attacked, she simply said, “ All surfacers deserve to die!”

That's chapter 1. Each caracter will be better decribed in further chapters. :rolling:

[This message has been edited by Kitrax (edited July 11, 2002).]

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There is no need to start a new topic for a revised version, you can edit your original post, or post again.

3. zaknafein Guest

Better, not great but better at least

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.