1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Strange Case of Angie Varona

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Gaear, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Long version: How a 14-Year-Old Girl Became an Unwilling Internet Pin-Up

Short version: 14 year old from Miami with an astounding figure takes pictures of herself for boyfriend and puts them on Photobucket, Photobucket site gets hacked and her pictures get released publicly on the net, she becomes an involuntary internet sensation (apparently mainly among so-called "jailbait" fan sites) overnight. Now she's 17 and speaking out about being victimized. Here's her YouTube story:

Okay. Questions that come to mind ...

• How does a 14 year old get that kind of figure?
    • Is there no limit to the amount of pictures a self-obsessed teen can take of herself? Apparently there are hundreds or even thousands of pictures of her on the net, and they have steadily kept coming since the original scandal. And in the pictures I've seen, she looks damn pleased with herself.
    • I don't think I buy that she didn't want this, or at least that she doesn't enjoy the attention on some clueless teenager level. In the video, before she starts crying about being a victim and contemplating suicide, she's giggling. Either that or she's one of those weird people who laugh when they're sad and cry when they're happy.
    • What's the deal with her dad? He seems like he's involved now, but where was he when she was taking 800 naughty pictures of herself to send to friends?
    • People really, truly, genuinely are creepy. I can understand how she would be involuntarily provocative to almost anyone, but there's a difference between a physiological reaction and saying you want to rape her, etc., etc., etc.
    Anyway, I do symathize withe the concept (and the reality, regardless) of being an unwitting victim, I'm just not sure how unwitting she was or continues to be.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.