1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Third Age rpg

Discussion in 'Playground' started by GabrielNYC, Dec 19, 2004.

1. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I think this is the best non-ANIME rpg on the PS2. Yes, there isnt that much interaction amongst the npc's or any villages to shop at but the graphics, music, engine and how it ties into the films more than make up for it. Being a fan of the novels, films and D&D in general this game was quite a treat for me.

Here is a site which points out the flaws of the anime-esque rpg. The Grand List Of Console Role Playing Game Clichés

Please note im not completely anti-anime. Im just against this sudden flood in popularity that's been growing in the past few years and annoying teenager otaku (in japan, otaku is a VERY derogatory term but yet, here its embraced as a badge of honor. go figure)

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

i have to disagree. when you say anime, do you include the final fantasy games? just clarifying. in any case, prince of persia 1 and 2 definitely kick more ass :p

3. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Especially the FF series. The only ones I liked were FF3 on the SNES and..well, thats the only one.

The Suikoden series are an exception though. They are not annoying like Star Ocean or .hack

Can prince of persia be considered rpg's? I enjoy them immensely but Ive always thought of them as adventure/action

4. Tap Dancing Oyster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I've got to be honest - I have completed about 10% of the game and got totally bored with it. OK the visuals and sound are OK and it does have a certain synergy with the films.
    Other than that it is very one dimensional -

No real story line (I'm not on the edge of my seat anyway)
    No thought has to be put to play this game.
    The gameplay is totally Linear - perhaps slightly less so than something like dragons lair.

To sum it up so far walk - fight goblin - find chest and equip new sword that adds 1 more damage - walk a bit more fight slightly tougher goblin - level up - find some irrelevant object... repeat.
    I am slightly abashed to admit I thought I might get lost at one point. No chance - they may as well have just done the walking bit for you.
    May be I'm a bit harsh but this is really only a kiddies game with a more adult theme, it has'nt got a patch on something like Phantasy Star which I used to play on the megadrive (genesis) nearly 20 years ago.
    As a conclusion - I'd get more satisfaction doing house work than force myself to finish this license hugging dung pile of a game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.