1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Time Has Come To Talk Of Many Things

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Vandalore, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

"The time has come to talk of many things," says the Walrus to the Carpenter.

I don't know about you, but I've always had a facsination with Alice and Wonderland. Many people I've met don't like and say it's merely a wacked out movie. What do you think about it?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The story itself is interesting, especially if you know who is behind it.
    The whole story about Lewis Carrol I mean. You might be surprised if you learn more about him.

3. Fatmaka Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Story's very good but i don't remember it much now.Yeah the author is Carol.

American Mcgee's ALICE rocks.This game is insane (like me) so feel free to play it if you like alice so much

Dismessed!

4. Lo Guest

Yes, old sweet Lewis Carrol writing a story about little wonderful girl...what possibly could be wrong with that :p

I won't go into the story, for those who don't know it, it's besides the point anyway. Carrol is a great writer and mathematician (found out that in a maths class too :)) I like his riddles and games with logic and language, and u'd appreciate them more if u read them later rather than sooner. Just wait until u have a younger sibling or *being rather scared at the thought* children of your own.
    Alice is a unigue piece of literature. I like it. There ;)

[This message has been edited by Lo (edited February 06, 2001).]

5. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] The cartoon always scared me as a child. All I could think about was being caught in a dark forest with a bunch of walking flowers and being messily devoured by a grinning mountain lion.

6. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I never saw the movie as a child, but when I finally did see it I wondered what old Walt was thinking! Horrible nightmare inducing movie, unfit for innocent minds! Much more enjoyable for slightly corrupted minds, heh heh... :D

I've always enjoyed Fantasia's Rite of Spring, and Night on Bald Mountain. Great animation too, considering the era.

7. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Yeah, I really enjoyed the story. I believe I saw it when I was really young. It sparked my interest but the beginning or ending scared the hell out of me. Anybody remember the movie that wasn't a cartoon, at least not in the beginning or ending. A huge thunderstorm breaks out and she is alone in her room watching the windows break open by the wind. She gazes into the mirror and a black bone or shadow dragon crashes through it and attacks her? I don't know, maybe it was my imagination. That movie was a work of art.

Yeah, American Mcgee's Alice is gaw dropping. Have you noticed that each transition from the cut scene to game play is matched really well. I only have a Riva TNT 2 (not overclocked) and it's incredibly smooth. How has everyone gotten in that game?

8. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

Spawned from the hallucinations of mushrooms and opium. Dare you say nay? ImpAssable!

9. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

Heh maybe, but oh so enjoyable!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.