1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The truth about Slipknot

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Gash, Jul 8, 2001.

1. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Anyone read this month's Q magazine? It has a very intersting piece about them.

Basically, I hate them and everything they stand for.

In more detail;

On stage they do loads of sick things, such as masturbating on each other, and sticking goats' heads onto spikes. Very disgusting. Equally disgusting is the fact they wear gestapo-esque nazi swastika armbands, I assume you could get arrested for that, but i don't know.
    They also eat animals. When they are dead and rotting.

I hate to say all this I don't support these scumbag 'musicians' in any shape or form, what about you guys?

2. Vanyril Guest

I completely agree. They can better concentrate on making music and don't do all that stupid things. Especially with those armbands, they don't know what they're talking about.

[This message has been edited by Vanyril (edited July 08, 2001).]

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Never heard of those...

Whatever, the problem is that generally complete art is changed into form that if you are to be considered an artist you are supposed to shock others.
    That's what many today's "artists" believe and that's what those Slipknot idiots also think.

Will that make them famous? It all depends to mind state of people who watch.

Shall I like them? Shall I think they're artists?
    No. I don't take shocking as basis of art.

4. herf Guest

Ummm, im a full maggot (term for a SlipKnot fan) and i have all the movies of their songs and every single movie of them live on stage.
    1. They have never masturbated each other on stage or on each other, if they did they would be arrested. duh!!
    2. They do not wear swatika armbands, what they wear on their arms of their industrial boilersuits is a circle with a single number inside. There are nine members to the band and each member chose a number from 0-8. I repeat, they do not wear swastika armbands or any other type of nazi uniform. They all come from Des Moines, Iowa. Why would they wear Nazi uniforms?
    3. They did attack a goat on-stage i must admit, the only problem i have with that is THAT IT WAS A FUCKING PLASTIC GOAT!
    4.The dead animal thing, that was one member of the band, he had a pet bat and it died and he kept its body in a jar. One day before a show he decided to bury the body, when he opened the jar he threw up because of the smell. He decided this was good so now before every show he sniffs the bat and throws up. He has never eaten a bat to the best of anyones knowledge.

They are not "Scumbags," they do not do "Stupid things," and they are not "idiots."
    They write fantastic songs and are the most popular nu-metal band, ever. Close behind them are MuDvAyNe which one of the members of SlipKnot are the producers and founders of.

As ive been an avid fan of SlipKnot for many years i think i should know more about the band than you, seeing as how you have only read one article in a magazine and the magazine is obviously biest.
    I rest my case in the defence of SlipKnot.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Ahem!

That is completely different story - I thought they are trying to imitate Tankard...

Whatever.
    You saw what I think of constant "shocking" to make an art. I never heard for this band so I can't possibly judge them - only the newest art business.

6. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] I love all metal bands. From the darkest death/black to the brightest power/prog. but I must say that there´s one band that I can´t stand.

Slipknot!

They are just like all other nu-metal bands in america. It´s nothing but a sudden storm of idiotic that runs through this world today, while other metal bands are a nice breeze of power and stability. Nu-metal will fall soon but every other metal bands will forever stand.

God, I am such a poet!

ehm... ???????????

7. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

i dont know bout you , but i usually like a band for the music they play, not what they do on stage. I think i have one of their mp3's. I dont think i will be spending my hard earned money to see them in concert.

8. herf Guest

umm actually slipknot was one of th very first nu-metal bands, they were formed more than ten years ago.
    theyre songs are excellent, the lyrics are thought provoking and true and they have great musicians and effects guys, theyre just an all over excellent.

first you were all knocking what they do on stage and what they wear, now your knocking their actual music, what is evryones problem with this band?

9. Zaragoth Guest

I simply don´t like ´em.
    And that´s that.

10. Gash Gems: 14/31

Listen herf I aint knocking you for liking Slipknot, or anyone else for that matter all I am saying is that there is NO NEED ofr all the 'embrace the sickness' rubbish that a lot of nu/death metal bands seem to promote.

Not only that, Slipknot aren't the only offenders.

others include Marilyn Manson, Cradle of Filth, Disturbed...I mean these guys are all pretty good musicians and can write excellent songs, but what they stand for is just...wrong!

PS: Corey Taylor is a good singer

11. herf Guest

youve just named nearly all my fave bands.
    the sickness is a term for a goth or someone who likes metal and nu-metal.
    marylin manson- ok some of his lyics are sickening but he is a good singer
    disturbed- fucking amazing band but they do change to suit what the people want, they arent a proper band but they ar still excellent
    cradle of filth- i can see how their imagine and choice of song titles might put people off but yet again, they are really good.

just because a band has something wrong with it doesnt mean its shit, it might still be an excellent band.

but, what this all boils down to is opinion. i like slipknot and disturbed etc, thats my opinion.
    you dont like the, thats your opinion.
    simple really

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Come on!
    You don't argue with one's taste!

If I understood right the point of this thread is one's behavior towards living creatures and people's values.

Not that this is about music quality.

So, stop arguing about music!

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hmm...well lets just that say, that different people have different tastes. As for me? I'm all for new school punk. And then again there are types of music that i absolutely hate. ie. Garage or whatever its called and also alot of hard house i find boring. I lie alot of indie rock and heavy metal but my heart is with new school punk.

But if you want my opinion of Slipknot...its got one song that i like and itsfrom the scream 3 film. Apart from that, i think their a whole lot of rubbish. Question, what are they like off-stage? Are they normal like 'most' of us? Or are they vulgar bums who can't think?

Herf you ever heard of Liniea 77? or Sleath? They are amazing hardcore heavy rock bands!

14. shadow_thief Guest

Truly, I think slipknot is scary! My brother has a poster of them from when I bought it for him at X-mas. He likes them, plays them on MP3s and on Cds and when he does play them, it's loud! But I have no hard feelings against them. They are scary but interesting. I do not think they should be critized just because other people read dumb aritcles that look interesting. ALL articles twist the truth. They should not be judged just becacuse they look like and what they wear. As for the things they do, well...that's a different story. If you don't like heavy metal, LEAVE THEM ALONE!

15. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Slipknot has been around for quite some time, I'm not quite sure it's been ten years yet.. but I know it's been quite awhile. As far as I know, what herf says is true. I stopped following them last year, but I still think they are a good band. I used to like them a lot but they got way to mainstream for me. I have to be honest, I liked them when they were small, but I knew they'd blow up. Myself, I'm from Des Moines, Iowa, I remember them when they first started getting big, actually I got invited to one of their pre-tour smashes once. I can't remember what I was doing that day that I couldn't go. But anyways, the bat thing is probably not true. He wouldn't harm a living soul. Those guys are really nice in real life. Sure most people might see them as eccentric or whatever, but they are decent guys. Gawd, I'm trying to remember which guy slept in the coffin. It would've been the bat guy, I dunno, it was either him or his friend. He had a hurse too.. yeah he was a bad ass. :)

16. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] That is sick!

17. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I like most metal bands, but when it comes to Cradle of Filth, I think they just need shooting. (good t-shirts though)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.