1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The two monks in the garden

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Oaz, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Once upon a time, a monk sat in a garden, pruning a bush. Two younger monks approached him, and asked the elder monk a question.

"Master, if you had five minutes to live, what would you spend that time doing?"

The monk smiled and said, "This."

If you had five minutes to live, what would you do?

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Hug my husband and son.

3. Misiek Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The same what will elder Monk do...

4. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

I couldn't stand the waiting so i'd kill myself...

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

[​IMG] down to the red light district as quick as may be. ;)

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    dieing

7. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Play IWD2 for the last five minutes of my life ;)

Seriously? Say goodbye to my loved ones.

8. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Say goodbye to my bestfriend and mail to Arabwel and spend last four minutes of my life listening to Linkin Park's 'In The End'.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Wondering if that bullet is actually gonna hit me from the distance :p

I dunno, I'd just continue what I was doing, the point is you *don't* know when your end of this life is so just live like you would, no point changing in five minutes, doesn't make a difference, fates are sealed, yata yata :sleep:

10. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

I seriously think I'd have to whiz out the window of a 20 or 30 story building.

Probably some cities, more than others, would be a better experience; but there's a vast majority that would work in a pinch.

11. Fin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Run, sing, play guitar. I don't know, be outside, definitely. Probably in the ocean, that would be great.

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'd spend them with my wife and daughter. Prayer would definitely happen. :good:

13. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Same as Mathetais, Spend my last moments with my wife and daughter, and say a little prayer.

14. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Rampage. I'm dying for no good reason? So are some other people.

15. Aziraphale Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Get to the highest point I can, prefrably in an aeroplane but that might be a little difficult with only 5 minutes remaining. I would then proceed to jump off, probably naked.
    That feeling of being totaly surrounded by nothing at all. Dropping through the wind with no force but gravity influencing you.

For me that feeling would be the closest thing to feeling physicaly and mentaly free.

Oh and of course I'd wave to ya'll from above.
    :wave:

16. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Damn... not another such question. should i say something nice?

Disturbing and offensive one, pilot a 747 and ram it to the Twin Towers. This time, frankly, i don't care much since i am going to die anyway. If i am going to hell, everyone is going with me.

Ok, something nicer, if i have 5mins to live, i devote my very last 5 mins praying to God, asking God to let all the people i loved, all the innocent people go to heaven as well even if they haven't converted when they die. (i am not bargain with God, nor do i have the power) If this cannot be granted, i will stay in hell with them.

i must say, i am a sick person. On one end, i would want to ram the twin towers so that i can enjoy the mayhem, destruction, bla bla bla. One the other hand, i really feel sorry about those innocent who haven't converted and are bounded to go to hell.

17. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I think I'm going to have to go with Vargx on this one. I'll take a few people to the afterlife with me. Failing that, I'd call up a close friend and have a nice conversation. Better yet, I'd like to be able to talk to that person face to face. It'd be nice to talk to someone very close to me before I go.

18. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I would be getting in "deep" touch with the closet female around me :grin:

19. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    id commit seppuku

20. Shura Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] I'd kill every monotheistic moron in my reach.

Especially those that wish to emulate a certain terrorist bastard.

:mad:

*coughteekccough*

Don't let me get you in katana range.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.