1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Two Towers on PS2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by GabrielNYC, Dec 14, 2002.

1. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Such a fun game. The music, graphics, action and special attacks. It's a damned shame it couldn't have 3 players at once. :( But despite that flaw it's GREAT fun. I really can't see why some sites trashed it.

I can only hope the xbox or gamecube version will have 3 players...

you know what would be cool? If there was a D&D game set ala Grand Theft Auto 3/Vice City for the PS2.

Gabriel

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm not going to buy it, to me it sounded like one of those hack 'n' slash games we see far too often. Maybe more like a platformer than anything that could possibly interest me

3. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I heard it was a lot of fun, I'll rent it as soon as finals are over.

That assumes my survival of finals, something which is pretty iffy at this point.

4. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I like this game Though it is very short. But what is there is truly classic. The level design is superb as is the combat. They used animation from the film in order to make it look so good. Just far too short.

5. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] I just beat it :)
    This game is great but way too short.

6. Kenixkil Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Beat it.. it's too short, but it's very enjoyable, and some moves like Orc's Bane, Bane of Saruman are terrific..

7. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Hmm, D&D (or AD&D) on a scale of GTA games....fantastic, why didn't I think of that. I can picture the size, scale and scope right now.

A few problems, however, would arise, such as long distance travel, combat systems, weapons, skill, and location.

Anyway, I rented TTT twice, first to complete the main game for all characters, second time to complete the secret level. Like everyone else says. its far too short, even though they created battles which didn't actually take place, such as the one in Rohan (well, I hardly called the one in the film a battle, more a brawl).

8. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Sucks.

Good graphics, but repetitive gameplay so sucks. Period. I don't know about you, but at the Battle of Helm's Deep, I was about to puke before slicing off another Uruk-hai's head. Yeah, another thing, too many orcish things. Didn't you get sick of the enemies and the fighting?

But here's a stupid question: How about Fellowship of the Rings on PS2?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.