1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The ultimate regenerator?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Thunder, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm going to start a new game with a Dwarf fighter imported from BG1, who, among other things has a CON of 20, granting him regeneration. My idea is that he'll become the ultimate regenerating monster of destruction! I intend to give him the Axe of Unyielding and the dragonslaying longsword in his off hand, the ring of regenerating, the ring of Gaxx and that Ioun stone that grants regeneration. From time to time I'll try using the Cloak of the sewers and a potion of regeneration to increas this impressive regenerating capability. Am I missing an item to include to this list? And can anyone tell me at which rate he will regenerate?

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I thought I read somewhere that multiple regenerations do not stack, only the BEST of them will affect your character. However, regeneration of the same power should stack, ie:two rings of regeneration do stack. I think high CON should stack with item bonuses too. Hmm...

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Make sure you take the evil path in the hell trial sacrifice that will give you an additional bonus of +2 to your CON, raising it to 22 and further enhancing your regenerative abilities.

4. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I don't know about the two weapons stacking. But natural regeneration, the Axe of unyielding, and at least one of the rings will stack. The problem is that they can be hard to tell that they stack because they each work at their own pace. Ring of Gaxx and the Axe will do you about the same pace. Rings of regeneration go at a set rate. The Con regen it's own rate.

you won't get all of the points at once. So you won't see your hp just go up 6 or 7 hitpoints every 6 seconds or something. they are still each item affect and you'll see your HP go up accordingly from what I experimented with it. (Mostly High Con and weapons or rings myself.)

5. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Regeneration from items and weapons stack ONLY if they have the same rate.

For example a character with 2 rings of regeneration will regenerate 2 HPs every 6 sec.

Also the game uses only the highest regeneration rate.

F.e. a character with the Ring of Gaxx and a ring of Regeneration will regenerate 3HPs/round.

I don't know what happens with natural regeneration but anyway it doesn't have a high rate.

6. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

Get 2 Rings of Gaxx for even faster regeneration.

7. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

How could one get two rings of gaxx without cheating?

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Pickpocket Kangaxx when he first appears (as a neutral), then kill him for a second one. It may be rather ridiculous cheese, but it's not quite cheating.

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hmm, when I tried that, it didn't work. Is it something that was fixed in Baldurdash's fixpack, or something?

10. Felinoid

Most likely. Baldurdash is all about destroying chances for cheese.

11. Saber

But it fixes good things too, right?

12. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

baldurdash doesnt fix the ring of gaxx thing, i have baldurdash and i can still get two rings of gaxx

13. Saber

Perhaps it is another mod I have then. But in any case, it is quite cheesy... just use a ring of regen and Gaxx.

14. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

:lol: how is that not cheating? Just because you are "technically able to do something" doesn't make it not cheating. I am "technically able" to ctrl-y my way through the game but that doesn't mean it isn't cheating haha.

15. Felinoid

The difference there is that Ctrl+Y is outside of the actual game mechanics; you have to do something special to even have the ability to use it. That is what defines cheating. But other things are just plain stupid/ridiculous/nonsense, though do fall within the game mechanics (like getting the same item more than once from different CREs). A new term had to be invented to cover these kinds of abuse of the game mechanics, and cheesy -> cheese worked its way into the vernacular. That is not to say that one is inherently better or worse than the other (the worst cheese is worse than the best cheat, and vice-versa), but overall, cheese isn't regarded as being as bad as cheating since the game allows it without any special interference.

16. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'm crushed. Cheating is bad? My mommy never told me. Seriously guys, how can you hate a cheater if he is not affecting your game. Sure I cheat, but it doesn't affect any other peoples games. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.