1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The voice of sanity on Iraq...Ted Koppel???

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Darkwolf, May 2, 2007.

1. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Sorry, it is $3.95 for the transcript, but you can listen to the report here for free.

I can't believe that NPR and Ted Koppel are the voice of reason and cooperation...I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day, at least an analog one. :doh:

Partisan politics...gotta love em! :shake:

2. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I tend to think David Kilcullen's the voice of sanity on Iraq. Afghanistan too, come to that. Actually the whole GWOT (it's a global counterinsurgency op, damn it!)

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    AMaster,
    there are many more voices of sanity, if you care to listen. Kilcullen is one of them. You're referring to his 28 articles, right?. You knew he's serving on Petraeus' 'brain pool'? And he's an Australian officer if memory serves me right.

A pity that all his, and all the other people's sanity can't do the one most important thing: Make decider, his lickspittles and Cheney think up an actual strategy.

[ May 03, 2007, 23:02: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

4. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Having recently discovered the small wars journal website, yeah, you're right. Lots of voices of sanity. None of 'em seem to have much political or media traction, though (OTOH, the New Yorker did give Kilcullen some good press).

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
  6. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

*sigh*

I guess I should have said the voice of political reason.

7. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Less unreason, maybe. But until I see somebody saying 'uh, maybe we should, like, I dunno, trim the budget and raise taxes if we're serious about this thing', then there are no voices of political reason. IMO.

Are the dems being retarded? Well, yeah. But so's everybody else.

The moral of the story is, war is too important to be left to the politicians. Wait. Where did I hear that before...hmm.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.