1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

These Boards are good

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Rakanishu, Mar 24, 2001.

1. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] These boards at Sorcerer's are good. There is very little moronism. Every body has a purpose in posting. Unlike other places where they take up space with mindless spam and one word sentences. I hate that.

If I could suggest something more, perhaps open up another board? I would really like a board dealing with 3E D&D. I know some of you here play it.

New boards should get us through the slow days between games.

What do you think Tal?

2. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I kind of like the idea as well, but I know most would favor one board over the other. Having yet a new board may cause other boards not to do as well. This Whatnots board shows a huge unity and variety of people. However, occasionally I find myself trying to rummage through a particular post about 3rd Edition, but I can't seem to remember which one it was. There are benefits and disadvantages for both ways, I dunno man. Make your call.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Good idea. How about renaming the Misc CRPGs one and starting a new one in its place?
    I don't think anyone will miss it, and it's pretty useless the way it is now.

I could set up a general 2nd/3rd edition (A)D&D board where anything related to that, questions on the rules, explanations and such would be given.

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

That really isn't a bad idea Tal. Though it would kill poor Hooligans Diablo post, but, ah well, such is the way of life. I say go for it.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'll try just renaming the forum so nothing that is there will be lost.

6. hooligan_inc Guest

yeh, kill my post. *sniff*.
    good ol' Diablo4ever.

#The times we haaaaaaaaaad...#

7. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Jup, got to agree totally with rakanishu, these boards are the best! All people seem to be so tolerant and 'normal' it almost seems unreal out here ;) Any of you ever been on te Boards at diabloii.net? They are totally ruined know, with all those morons spamming around.... Hope these will stay like they are now :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.