1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

This makes me sick

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Cúchulainn, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

2. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

God save America... :mad:

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

It makes you wonder if things like this are still happening.

4. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I'd like to hear the other side of the story before I make any judgements. I find it hard to picture soldiers of a democratic country doing that to people.

5. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

What about the prison abuses of the past? When new photos emerged Don Rumsfeld said it would not be a good idea to publish them though 'he really wanted to"
    I am sure you have seen the photos of abused Iraqi men - they are hardly going to show photos of anyone being raped.

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

@Abomination
    Consider the situation thoroughly first.
    What is the US policy? What do you know about the US military? What is their mindset? The rhetoric?

Is it really surprising? I don't think so.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I find it hard to believe that soldiers of a democratic country would do that, but this is an emotional reaction, not a rational one.

Yes, the kind of man that seeks admission and gets admitted into the armed forces is able to do that when unsupervised. The officers aren't maybe able to do that on their own, but are perfectly able to turn a blind eye or even use private soldiers as proxies to perform the act.

I find it abhorrent that a 14 year old female would ever be imprisoned. For what the **** reason? For what the **** reason would underaged females need to be tortured? What the **** information could they be holding from the Americans?

What the **** rational argument is behind forcing female prisoners to parade naked in front of males?

God have mercy on those bastards because I can't. I wouldn't even give them a trial, I would have them executed on administrative order if I could.

Or not. Better make them come back home and tell their waiting, mothers, wives, little waiting daughters and sisters what they did to little girls during their ****ing holy crusade and then try back to live like a normal husband and father as if nothing had happened. Shall we bet on the suicide ratio?

Or maybe better hand them over to the Iraqis? Wonder how they would find some 10 or 20 years in an Arab prison.

I had better finish this post here. Right now I'm at a loss for words.

War on terror, damn it. What's worse: killing people in a relatively quick way (beheading, bomb blast etc), or raping little girls? War on terror, damn them. If that's not terror, what is? I won't be surprised if the world starts seeing US Army as no different from its Al Quaeda enemy.

8. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

For the first time, I am speechless. And not in a good way. [snip]

Edit: Really offensive stuff deleted.

Let's just say that I have not made my opinions of America and its involvement in Iraq any secret, and just when I thought they couldn't get any lower, this comes along.

I hate George W Bush, for starting this war. I hate him VERY, VERY much.

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Please only hate the people that commited these terrible acts and the people that let it happen.

I have to admit that I was and still am shocked at this report. I actually feel sick inside and sadness for anyone that has had to put up with so much abuse. The crusaders from the west were not the 'white knights' that everyone hoped them to be. I hope all that were responsible will get more than the typical 8 years military prison that others have received. I don't think that there can be punishment enough that can even begin to make amends.

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *blinks*

I think it's the apocalypse knocking on the door, for once I agree completely with Chevalier :aaa:

*insert random nasty violence* is what those.... *insert random derogatory expressions* need.

11. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

:toofar:
    Imprisoned children? Rape? What is this?!?
    Some twisted plan to make each and every arab thirst for western blood? Boy, get rid of those sickos in the US army at last!

Dont forget that said democratic nation, protector of human rights, can run a place such as Guantanamo with impunity. What do you think is going on there. And the stories I heard coming from Afghanistan.

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No amends can ever be made for rape. It can't be repaired. There's no way to make up for rape.

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

It was more than just Guantanamo or Abu Ghraib (there are also private prisons). Most of US run prison's in the East have the same problems and the worst part is that most of the people there were/are innocent.

The rapists and child murders in American jails are treated with more respect. It seems that it is better to be a rapest/drug pusher/murderer than to be an Iraqi citizen.

14. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Are you surprised? As I have said before this is what happens in a war. Even if it is a "democratic" nation waging it. Seeing as there doesnt seem to have been much outrage or any effort to curtail these kind of thing by the current US regime one can only assume that they dont think it is much of a problem. After all, it is only heathen towel heads who are the victims and everyone knows that they arent really humans since it was someone from the same cultural background as them that killed a bunch of Americans three years ago.

Atleast this kind of thing have lots of support, the American people re-elected the person in charge of all of this.

15. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

This will not be the end either. I think Iranian women and men will suffer the same fate as their Iraqi conterparts.

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Stanford Prison Experiment

It all has to do with power, with being a human, you are shocked when you read this, but if you were an American soldier in these prisons you would have done the same bloody thing.

Humanity as a virtue, it's a lie we tell ourselves when we go to bed and sleep sweet dreams, there is no such thing as 'humane'.

@Cesard, Iran? Are you freaking kidding? America can hardly handle Afghanistan and Iraq, Iran is four times as big as Iraq and has almost 3 times the inhabitants, and they are lot more fanatic.
    Bush would seriously be suicidal if he plans to attack Iran

[ November 04, 2004, 21:26: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

17. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Morgoth, that is why the blame lie on the people putting both the prisoners and the guards in that situation. Put us in the right circumstances and most of us would turn into monsters pretty quickly. Those who blatantly deny they would, would be the first ones to peel of slices of skin.

18. Leppi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Soldiers inevitablly crack under pressure, I should have been up to the officers to discipline them before this became common-place.

Now I beleive that the only reasonable action to take is to exacute the responsible, it would send a clear message to both the rest of the army and to the Iraqi nation that such practices are unacceptable.

The officers that allowed this to happen should be dishnourably discharged and sent home.

19. Abomination Gems: 26/31

Unless they can provide more proof than just an accusation (as this is a different case to the photos released some time ago) then you could NEVER execute the soldiers involved. Do that and every Iraqi resistor will accuse soldiers of nasty things and smile when they're lined up against a wall and shot.

For those who hate George W. Bush for the actions of some of his soldiers, realise that George is the president, not God. These soldiers are disobeying his direct orders. The problem is that the officers either do not see this behaviour (very unlikely), they do not report it or it didn't actually happen - the only evidence is an ACCUSATION and accusation doesn't mean it happened but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

20. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Right, right, that's why when news of Abu Ghirab got out the American public smiled, nodded, and endorsed the actions of the soldies involved, and the Pentagon went so far as to decorate them.

Oh, wait, that's not what happened...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.