1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

this ones for taluntain.

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by herf, Oct 27, 2000.

1. herf Guest

[​IMG] hey taluntain, if i was to write a faq for planescape torment would you post it on the site?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Of course! What a silly question! :)
    In 99% of cases I posted on the site everything that was submitted to me. If it didn't cut it at first, I spent the time on it to make it presentable.
    Planescape material is especially welcome...
    What kind of FAQ did you have in mind?

3. herf Guest

[​IMG] well i dont really know, its just reading all the other faq they were all missing things and even when they were updated they still lacked things. i think it would be an incredibly detailed one (even more detailed than nicolas yu's) and possibly with a list of items and a faq section. what word processor would be best for writing a large walkthrough?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] M$ Word I suppose... I always use that.

5. herf Guest

where do i send it to and how do i send it?

6. herf Guest

[​IMG] hey, i wrote the first part of the faq, it includes how to generate a good character and it has morte in the useable characters section and thats about it, not bad for a days work me thinks. anyways i sent it to [snip], is that ok or should i send it somewhere else? ok more questions-will it appear in the news section that there is a new torment faq? about when will it be posted on the site? sorry to be such a pain but this is the first walkthrough i have ever written.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  7. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Yea, that's an alternate addy but it's ok.
    It will be posted in the news section as well (as are all site news).
    Soon (probably tomorrow, er today (my times flies) with all the rest of the stuff).
    Busy, busy...

8. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Whats with this ranking thing? I'm an acolyte or something...what does it mean? And how many posts are required to go up ranks?

9. Taluntain

Media:
  10. herf Guest

[​IMG] hey taluntain, why is my walkthrough in the tips, tricks and hints section? it is a walkthrough and funnily enough it should be in the walkthrough section. so whats the deal? oh yeh and i was wondering if you were the guy that sent me the email back when i sent the walkthrough? if that makes any sense. you said that [snip] was an alternate addres so is there any where else you want me to send the walkthrough, well thats about it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  11. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] You can use sorcerer -AT- sorcerers.net, not that it makes any difference. I get it both ways.

Um, yes, it's SUPPOSED to be a walkthrugh, but there's not a single word in the walkthrough part of it yet hehe.
    So for the time being it's among the tips because right now it doesn't have anything else than that.
    When you actually start with the walkthru I'll move it to the walkthroughs section.
    I hope it seems logical to you. ;)

12. herf Guest

[​IMG] hey
    i have already done all that i can do for this week, but i worked fo 9 hours straight typing stuff out, the walkthrough bit has been started, nearly done the items list, completed the weapons list and just basically done a whole lot of work on it, so is it ok if i send it in now?
    i have asked if The Pit want to post it as well so i will be getting tons of email everyday!!!

13. herf Guest

oh yeh (sorry about making so many posts) what decides what version your walkthrough is? i have started at version 1.0. when do i decide to make v1.1

14. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Make it go 0.1 higher in version each time you do a major update on it.

15. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Straight text walkthrough or screen shots of each area as well?

I want to make one for Baldur's Gate as well, but that's way back in the back burners. Try and have a walkthrough for all the major games covered here but it's just so much work.

Syl...

16. herf Guest

[​IMG] have a look at it, you will see. you should go for it and write the walkthrough, use other walkthroughs to help you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.