1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

To Erran: Majikus's revival topic?

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Sniper, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Another day ending and Majikus looks up and notices that the sun is setting.

"Ah good! Time to finish work and collect my pay"

Majikus then takes a moment to remember his past life with Jakob and Garacius and the rest of the company...Majikus smiles to himself...

"Hmm, its been a long time my friends and i feel that it is time again to revive my travels and search for them and walk with them once again! Its okay here but my place is to breath amonsgt them!"

Majikus then collects his pay and strolls back to his lodging at the '5 crowns'

Ooc: is it okay erran if i start like this? and also how much money have i saved including the deduction of living.

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It was the 27th Eleint. For 12 days Majikus had worked as a scribe and what did he have to show for it? 5 lousey gp. He thought to himself: "I bet Jakob and his friends have earned a hundred times that 'adventuring', why, wasn't that a masterwork crossbow I saw him with the other day?"
    He resolved to see if he could rejoin them. When he asked about their whereabouts, the Innkeeeper Martha told him they had settled their bills and ridden off to Yartar.
    "Hmmm" thought Majikus, "I'll never catch them on horseback, not that I even have a horse, but I could maybe catch a river barge downstream tomorrow?"

OoC check out: http://home.attbi.com/~baldak/
    for map of Nesme - Yartar, also has Char gen ;)

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited April 23, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Erran (edited April 24, 2002).]

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31

"Thats it! I'm decided! i shall travel first thing tomorrow morning by barge to find them! Have you any idea how much the trip by barge would cost Martha?"

While having decided on his means of transport, Majikus wonders about what spells would be most beneficial to him. While waiting for Martha to turn his attention back to him, Majikus listens to other people's convasations hoping to pick up more information on events of late, trouble, his friends whereabouts or if there were any small jobs that would need doing.

Ooc: Righty there are 4 things i know about Majikus. He has 670xp, has Hook his familiar and has these spells in his spell book... Sleep, Magic missile and burning hands. He also has those cleric books from the baron ... apart from that i don't know what he possessess or what his ability scores are. So should i re-create Majikus and include in his possessions the stuff that i know he had from when i was playing before?

[This message has been edited by Sniper (edited April 24, 2002).]

4. Erran Gems: 19/31

I dont keep defunct char sheets so re-roll with 670xp.

The barge fare from Nesme to Yartar is 1gp (one way)

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Morning! Majikus looks out at the rising sun. He breaths in the cool morning air and collects his belongs while Hook preens herself.

"Ah, Hook! Its time to seek our old friends again and stubble upon treasure and meat!"

"MEOW?"

"Come on Hook, its time to go and catch our ferry before it goes without us!"

Majikus then walks out off the inn bidding the innkeeper goodbye and proceeds to the pier where the barge awaits. He beakons to the figure at the stand and pays the fee of 1 gp and then proceeds onto the barge and surveys the ship. Majikus pays particular attention to the crew and any passanger s also on board.

Ooc: what does Majikus see?

6. Erran Gems: 19/31

28th Eleint
    Majikus sees the usual assortment of merchants. He makes himself comfortable and the barge, laden with cargo, slides downstream. That night they moor just off a monastery on an island in the river. One of the merchants rows across to buy a crate of the dragonsbreath liquieur the monks are famous for distilling. Another man joins the passengers the following morning.

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus mingles well with the merchants and listens to their tales of lands that they have visited and sold, places of danger, demand and where some of their ventures have been fruitless due to surplus stock of items already in the land. Majikus listens with interest but eventually falls asleep with dreams of gold coming out of his ears.

The next morning, Majikus spots a newcomer aboard watching the scenary and with nothing better at hand to do, Majikus strolls up beside him and attempts to initiate conversation.

"Hello there, mind if i join you? What brings you here? Sorry, where are my manners? Here (Extends hand) i'm Majikus"

8. Erran Gems: 19/31

The man was somewhat surly. "My name and my business I keep to myself. If you want to live long I suggest you do the same."
    The barge slid down the Surbrin, occasionaly passing other barges travelling upstream. That night they arrived at the Surbrin Gorge and the village of Mornbryn's Shield. Bales of sweet smelling moss were loaded on board. They were told the village Inn was full and they would have to sleep on board.

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31

"Fair enough if thats what makes you happy, just trying to be nice"

Majikus walks off with Hook and decides to pass the time talking and helping out with the deck hands. Even though he interesting conversations with the deck hands, he can't keep the rude encounter from his mind.

Come night time Majikus decides to walk up to the Captain of the barge and asks him

"Hey Ca'pin [name], if you don't mind me asking but whats with that chap that joined us recently? I mean, he wasn't very nice to me earlier when i said hello and i was just wondering if you could tell or advise me anything about him? Also, is there anything worth looking at in the village?"

10. Erran Gems: 19/31

"Dunno young fellow, he joined at the monastery and seemed quite anxious to get to Yartar. He paid his fare and that's all I know. He's not a regular so far as I remember. As for the village, they have a fine eatery and a shrine to Melikki, that's about all." Replied captain Crabbe.

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31

"I thank thee much and shall certainly have a look at the shrine."

Majikus bids the Captain good night and walks out into the village. He strolls past a number of drunkards who all swear they aren't drunk. Majikus decides to go to the local inn and order himself a pitcher of ale and some of the local cuisine.

While waiting for his order, Majikus sits himself down at an empty table roughly in the centre of the room and tries to listen in on convasations. He also looks around the room wanting to have a good look at the inhabitants.

What does Majikus overhear and see?

12. Erran Gems: 19/31

Majikus sat himself down in the 'Troll in Flames' Inn and enjoyed a pitcher of local ale (7sp). The talk was of the forthcomming holiday (Higharvestide). Moss merchants were the main patrons and the gnome who ran the place was in no mood for gossip. The surly chap from the boat did not appear. Majikus made his way back to the boat and slept in a hammock. The next day they sailed down river towards Yartar.

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Majikus wakes up after a peaceful rest, has a shave and wash, gets dressed and walks up upon the deck. He sees the deckhands performing their usual tasks and glances around looking out for the 'stranger'.

Majikus then procedes to the Captain and asks him;
    "Have you heard of people named Garacious or Jakob?"

ooc: I have switched my simple weapons feat to combat casting. Is that okay?

14. Erran Gems: 19/31

The captain shakes his head "Sorry, can't say I have."
    Two days later the barge docks in Yartar. The surly mans slips away heading towards the town centre. Majikus hears there are 3 Inns: The Pearl Handle Pipe (expensive) Beldars Rest (mid price) and White Winged Griffon (cheap)

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31

After considering his options, he walks to Beldar's Rest.

"I suppose the cheap inn will be full of gits and the expensive one full of snobs" muses Majikus
    "Ah well, looks like Beldar's Rest is the best option."

Majikus walks into the inn, orders a room and buys himself a small pitcher of the cheapest ale and sits himself down straining to hear any convosation. He also scans the room looking for anyone 'unique'
    Finally he turns to the inn keeper...
    "Hey mate, could you tell me if there are any stories i could hear? Or possibly anything ahppenign around here lately? Any characters?"

Ooc: what did Majikus over hear and see before initiating dialogue with the innkeeper?

16. Erran Gems: 19/31

Beldar's Rest was the most unusual Inn Majikus had ever visited. The whole place was underground, made from old cellars connected together by passages.
    The surly man from the boat had beaten him there. He spoke with the innkeeper then disappeared down one of the passages.
    Rooms cost 1gp/night.
    Gossip was about the rise in influence of the Black Swan Trading Coster.
    Majikus stayed there for several days, getting to know his way around Yartar.
    On the 1st Marponeth he was sitting at a table drinking when a familiar face walked in ... Garacaius!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.