1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trademeet

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Elwithral concentrated for a moment and spoke under his breath, something in a strange tongue. Ybium kiarwu beatca pilito nasvee!

Suddenly the group was in the forest. They looked around frantically while Elwithral calmed down.

"We are on the outskirts of Waterdeep, and I suggest we move." With that he disappeared into the shadows, Dalamar on his heels. The others gave chase and followed him.

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tania followed close behind glad to be out of the building. They were close enough to the ocean for her to feel the strong magic of the water and she reveled in it. It was far more her home than the land.

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral stopped in a clearing quite a ways away from Waterdeep; sitting down and conjuring some beds for them.

He said in a distant voice, "There is something bigger than what we have seen. We must be wary. Those Sahuagin were different from others."

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tania sank down on the ground feeling the moisture revive her and loosen the tension in her body.

"Yes, they were strange. It seems the information we need may be in that building but there is a Presence there that protects it. Now who or what could get in to get the information without alerting whatever It is?"

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

He shook his head, "I don't think we would be able to get in there again without involving.. dark magics." He glanced at Dalamar, "And besides, the place will be heavily guarded, now knowing that the Light And Dark have returned. With friends."

He paused, "To let you in, we are now in the Ardeep Forest. I once had a powerful druid friend here, some two hundred years ago. He was half elven, so there is a chance, that with the magic of the Wood, he may be still alive.

"That will be our next stop."

6. Nakia

Media:
    Tania merely nodded her head. She pulled out some rations and with the help of some fire from Elwithral she prepared a meal for them. Making herself comfortable in a bed she settled into sleep drowsily thinking that adventuring with some one like Elwithral might be dangerous but did have its advantages.

7. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Dalamar sniffed the air uneasy. He still felt strange wandering with elves and mortals. He wandered the forests around the camp hoping for something to kill. He climed up a large leather leaf it's thick heavy leaves completly hiding him in the already dark night. He hummed a faint tune under his breath, in the tongue of Tieflings, who sorrowed their heritage.

Haun thierulaél gorgandu hum'sa ohi ah roi. Jalenta dea mo sina outai, outai.... outai!

He ended the song loudly from it's slow mellow tone. It was a piece written by himself of his mother, a elven princess raped by the demonlord Zarbag'guda. Dalamar's past was an unhappy which he never spoke of, but sometimes sung in the tongue he thought the most beautiful. It sounded so sad it fit his songs perfectly, he positioned himself against the tree to stand watch. He bearly slept anymore.

8. Nakia

Media:
    Early morning found Tania eager to get going. She prepared a quick meal then turned to Elwithral.

"Where can we find this friend of yours? I feel like I'm wandering in the Caves of Endlessness fighting fog demons."

9. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Dalamar walked out of the trees already with a full belly and cleaned. He walked up to the sleepers and splashed a little bit on each one's face.

" Arise, we've more to do." he said quietly.

He sat down again as the others took down the camp.

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral waved his hands as his bed vanished, and then, not looking up, "He lives near the Orit'ga, the Mother Oak of this forest. We will find him soon enough."

Then, turning to Dalamar, "Do you remember him? I do not know if I introduced the two of you."

11. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

" Perhaps, I don't remember. He must have not been very important at the time. What is his name? What are his halves?" he asked

When Dalamar heard half-elf he never thought of the steriotipical man and moon elf. Now-a-days there were tons of different half-elves, even the encreasing number of " quarter-elves".

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral smiled, then chortled, "He is half Troll. And I warn you now; he is quite .. eccentric. And he likes to sing. But very wise in his years he is."

Elwithral nodded and smiled at the others, then departed into the shadows at a slow pace, soaking in the ancient lore and wisdom of all trees around him.

The air was thick and damp when they reached the Mother Oak. They drew their weapons, just in case, and entered the heart of the thick tree. Opposed to the outside air, the inside air was dry and hollow. "Beypoe! My friend, it is good to see you again!"

The others looked up in surprise and saw an old, grey, humanoid troll thing looking down at them through thick spectacles. He cleared his throat, "Mi-mi-mi-mi-mi! 'Hem! Elwithral, my good friend! I 'aven't seen you in an age!"

His cheery demeanor suddenly ended, "I know why you have come. You wish to learn things." He grinned a crooked, yellow grin, "And I can tell you!"

Elwithral calmly stated, "Yes, Beypoe. That is why we have come. We need to know, have there been any inbalances in the Flow of the world as of late?"

"Why yes, Lighty, there 'as been. It's funny that you, master of almost all magic, come to me, li'le old me, for this seemingly simple task." He raised an eyebrow.

In mid-chuckle, Elwithral said, "Is your memory failing you? A war interrupted us when you were training mmy druidic powers! Do not tease!"

"Regardless, I can tell you of what you seek. Okay, there is stirring in the East. There is something bigger 'ere than you might think-"

"I know, we've guessed and sensed that. Tell us something we don't know."

"Ahem, become impatient, have we? As I was saying, there is something bigger 'ere than what you might think. Something stirs in the East. And that thing is ...HACK - COUGH!" At that, the half troll fell to the ground, not moving. The others rushed over to him, pulling out healing potions and other aids. Elwithral took him in his arms and started to talk to him.

"GOTCHA!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Beypoe cried, wiping tears from his eyes. "Oh, you should've seen your-- Oh my! 'Aven't had a laugh like that in ages, I said, ages!"

Returning to his wise and calm demeanor, he preached to the already annoyed listeners, "No, I cannot see what is stirring. The magic is too powerful for my bones. But I can tell you that the Sahuagin that fought you were not part of what is stirring in the East.

"They are part of another group, one from across the Sea of Swords, who is trying to .. well, do something that has to do with Faerun."

Elwithral shook his head, "Is this all you know Beypoe? I am disappointed."

"SIGH, yes, but I can give you some useful advice. The group from across the Sea is made up of warriors."

"And.." Galliel put in.

He turned, almost looking shocked at the person other than Elwithral suddenly being there, "And.. they spread word of themselves through cities and towns around Faerun, and simply refer to themselves as The Force ... and now that is all I can tell you. Now begone!" He then disappeared in a puff of leaves.

As they were walking out, Galliel asked if he was always like that. Elwithral came back with, "No, he never was. He was always eccentric, but not foolishly so. The forest is getting to him. He will pass soon. The Force will no doubt come for him. So, in future, we restrict our interaction with others."

They continued down the path they were on, towards the exit.

13. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Dalamar liked this Beypole, crazy or not he was fun.

Where to now?

He boredly asked Elwithral through their mental tie. Dalamar was getting bored with this quest and only stayed because of Elwithral, he always asked himself why he went with the aisamar, he finaly realized Elwithral was a friend, who liked to help a bit. To Dalamar's liking, he helped a bit too much.

14. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral sent a flash of disbelief to Dalamar, Bored? Do you not care what happens to Faerun, the place you live in, grew up in? No matter. If you wish to leave, do so.

But I do not wish you to leave, no. And besides, it will all be over soon. And why would you want to leave this quest? Both of us have been living in recluse for the past few years, so why not have a little fun? You know, stretch our legs a bit!

15. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Moments before the Elwithral and his group talk with Beypoe

Lotar: "But why couldn't you provide me with more information, I have to come out of my way to seek you, and all you tell me is all that I already know"

Beypoe: "That evil that you're seeking is not of me to tell you, as it is your quest. I do not like your tone either, but one thing I'll tell you seek the one who goes by Elwithral, he may be able to help you"

And with that Lotar took his leave, he did not look back or thank the wired humanoid troll.

As this now group approach the exit, Lotar apron Elwithral " Are you the one they call Elwithral? * big breath of air * I believe that we may be able to collaborate one another" He then stomp his staff into the ground silencing everything around them.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral calmly smiled and stated, "And who would you be? I have no interest in you as of yet." His smile did not fade as he paused, "Interest me."

[ March 06, 2006, 00:38: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

17. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Dalamar, disliked the man, he seemed too amersed in his power. He didn't like his smell either. But wasn't interessted otherwise.

[ March 06, 2006, 00:49: Message edited by: Dalamar Maximus ]

18. Nakia

Media:
    Tania did find the elf interesting if a tad obnoxious. Besides she didn't care what he was like if he could throw some light on their little problem. She just watched and listened intently.

19. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

“Why in the hell do I have to go with these damn formalities?” Lotar thought at loud.

“If you must know, I go by Lotar, but that is not important, the imperative part is I have being summon her by one of our great elders to meet with that ugly guy who goes by Beypoe, but the idiot did not tell me anything but seek you”

Lotar looks at Elwithral up and down with a disappointed face,

*sigh* Well, I'm here ‘cause my elders believe that a great evil has being brought up, and we unfortunately require some help, and so apparently you may have the knowledge to stop it; I hope that my explanation is enough, I'm not in the mood to just stand in here and chit chat”

20. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral smiled dryly. "Your elders are correct, Lotar. There is a great evil growing here, not just here, in all of Faerun."

Elwithral's face quickly became more serious, "And yes, you can travel with us."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.