1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trent Oster on some NWN issues

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Nov 17, 2000.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Sylvus Moonbow)

"1) Q: Will there be restrictions to which weapons you can put into your quickslots? eg) in bg2 you were unable to put a bow in your quick slot if 2 weapons(dual weilding) were equiped.

A: We are still implementing the weapon equiping system, so I can't really say. Ultimately we'd like to be able to replace both weapons with a two handed weapon, but we probably can't support quickslot equipping two weapons with one click.

2) Q: If a ranger or thief hide in shadows will the other PC's be able to see them?

A: Only if the other players make a Spot check.

3) I noticed in the NWN demo that the invontory cache was switched to more of a diablo style; where an item takes up more than one invontory space. I thank you for doing this because i find it much more realistic compared to my bg character carrying 10 suits of armor...THANK YOU..

A: You are welcome. WE decided to model inventory both by weight and size, so the different sized icons made sense.

4) refering to the post below about missle weapons missing a target when running through the woods, I too have a question on this issue. Will a missle weapon ever miss its target and hit a alie? for instance, if an archer was firing arrows into a melee frey would
    there be a chance of another pc getting hit?

A: It will be difficult to pick out the character running through the woods to target him/her with an arrow, but once you have the target, your character will fire and make standard to hit rolls until the target moves out of range, or you interrupt your character."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.