1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trials of the Luremaster good?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Zaphoradak, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Zaphoradak Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is the TOL add-in any good, I figure it will take a while to pull it, also can I finnish IWD, and then play the HOW section? I ended up not installing HOW ,and having to play the whole game again. Is TOL the same story with you branching off and completing it seperately?

[ January 13, 2003, 00:43: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Definitely worth to play. It tells a very nice story and has some quite demanding fights and dangerous enemies including - behold - Beloders ;)

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You have to install HoW to get to TotL.

It's a "sub-quest", completely off the main story. I don't want to spoil it for you. Suffice to say the battles are *fairly* tough; expecially the very first one, as you are thrown right into the middle of it. The rest of it is kind of a puzzle, with fedex quests and one really big (and kind of tough) arangement puzzle. Keep every piece of paper you pickup or read, until you finally exit the area. There are notes and scraps that you will need.

Save, memorize, and heal up before you talk to the dwarf in the Gallows. You'll be wanting some fairly offensive magic, and plenty of anti-poison stuff...

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    It's a halfling btw :p

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My friend told me it wasn't any good, maybe because they didn't want to put it onto a disc for me, I suppose I'll have to bully them and re-install IWD :rolleyes:

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I just finished IWD-HoW and i say that i had TotL installed but just for the portraits. I never talked to the half-ling.

BTW - the end boss in HoW was a easy one...

7. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I also missed ToTL in the first time I played HoW, because I thought that I could talk to halfling, after I went to Sea of moving ice. Well, I couldn't and I had to import my party back in the start of HoW (once I had completed HoW).
    ToTL was quite challenging for me and took almost three weeks to finish it (I was very frustrated sometimes). But anyway, it is must have, if you can get it. :)

@Ivanji, son of Loki
    Yeah, new portraits are cool

8. Zaphoradak Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I can't wait to get into TOL now, I just would have liked to know in the readme for each part, that the best way to play is to export your characters at the end of IWD, and then import them and play HOW, and then do the same all over to play TOL.
    But I did find one strange thing, my party could not complete IWD without going to Easiest skill in Easthaven's temple of ice, but the same party went on (I added a new fighter and dropped my paladin) to wax HOW, without stopping to gather more levles, and the final dragon was like dead without having to re-load 50 times. :p I also leveled faster in HOW, maybe certain party combo's get less XP according to the rules, still fun either way. I am really enjoying the strategy angle of the D&D, and dig the worlds, next is BG2... I am hooked. I am still wary of multi-classing, I understand it's easier in IWD2, which I am getting started on, pity I could not import just my characters into IDW2, starting over really takes me out of person, although which member I am, I am not sure.

Enough!!! Coolest game by far this year. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.