1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Two questions, Drider Caves and Mind Flayer Citadel

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Grey Ghost, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

1. I animated the flesh golem in the lab from the drider caves. How long will this sucker hang around, he is kind of cool? Is there any other way to heal it besides resting? Cure spells seem to have no effect.

2. In the mind flayer citadel, what the heck is the purpose of the anvil in the armory? It allows you to "work" the axe on the anvil, but all I ever get is a stupid axe. This smacks of ones of those quests that you have to be a specific race or class or have certain attributes to complete correctly, but apparently I do not have the right one. My shield dwarf cleric/fighter did not have any better luck than my half-orc barbarian or my elf ranger/wizard. Any help here would be appreciated.

2. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Second Question:

Yes , indeed it is race-related. Here are the triggers and the diferent axes:

1) Duergar with 13 or more Fighter levels - Duergar Doom Axe (+3, and increased crit chance)
    2) Duergar with Fighter levels below 13 - Duergar Axe (+1 with improved crit)
    3) Any other Fighter with 6 or more levels - Axe +1
    4) Anything else - Masterwork Axe
    5) If you take the axe as it is - regular battleaxe.

First question - have no idea, didn't have enough Alchemy :(

Have fun!

[ September 25, 2002, 15:37: Message edited by: Modjahed ]

3. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Thanks Modjahed, I figured it was something like that. Well, guess I will be importing a 13th level Duergar fighter into the party later today for this one little performance...

4. HeartOfDarkness Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The golem sticks with you till you exit to light, it can't go near light as the description says when you make it so it will follow you around the drider city and the drow camp screens (maybe even the mind flayer city but I'm not sure cause it died from the bad mine died before I got ther) If you leave for a place with light and return it will still be there where you left it. As for healing you can't heal it cause it's a construct. The only way to heal it is by using the bard bug

buh buh

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.