1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unbelieveable game, Immy and Anomen dialog

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Lady Constance, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Lady Constance Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have always liked to play the game through in different styles of game play. This time around I went for a female human fighter of chaotic neutral alignment. My party consisted of the female PC, Anomen, Jaheria, Minsc, Nalia and Viconia,(Minsc was permanently killed by Kangaxx) and switching out the other NPC's to complete their quests until we picked up Immy in Spellhold. I had Anomen take revenge for his sister's death, and we sided with Bodhi. This has made for the most interesting game play to date. I have played with a CN Anomen before, but I am not sure if some of his current script is modded or not, but in this game, Anomen is very...likeable. Sometimes whistling as he walks, if you make him your front man of your party, he says something about "Are you sure you want me to lead?, I may have you all take a weeks vacation".

So we head off to fight Bodhi, and Anomen is turned into a vampire, and we have to go to the temple in the Ummar Hills. After he is turned back, and welcomed back into the party, this dialog breaks out. Imoen says to Anomen that they need to have a talk. Anomen believes that it is some childish rambling that Imoen usually goes into, but here she says that PC is my sister, and that she loves her. That she understands that Anomen believes that he loves Immy's sister too, and that he better be good to her, and never hurt her. He says something about how he would rather slash his own wrists. I haven't added any new mods to my game in a year or so, and have yet never seen this dialog before either. Original game or Mod? I am still trying to find out. Possibly just the right factors to spawn the conversation? I'd like to know has anyone heard that one before?

2. Prine Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

The Imoen dialog sounds like something from Banter Pack. I have little experience with Anomen's dialog, but the only character I ever remember whistling was Haer'Dalis. Don't know though.

3. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

CN Anomen's voice set changes in TOB. I can't remember him whistling but the "week's vacation" stuff sounds familiar. He might also make a comment like "So long as I never have to breathe the same stuffy air as those rusted suits of armor in the Order...well I'm with you."

I find it confusing, however, that that change would occur in SOA.

As for that conversation with Imoen, does it include soundclips? If it does, it has to be in the original game one way or the other - possibly not implemented in the final product but brought back by a mod, but in there nevertheless. If there's no voiced conversation, I find it unlikely it would be there in an unmodded game.

4. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Yeah, I've heard those banters before. I think he also says stuff like "A bottle of wine, a blanket, some music while we rest. Are these things too much to ask?" (When he's tired) and "Helm's fury upon you all!" (fighting). I'm not too sure if it's from the original game or not though.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There are different voice sets for Anomen depending on if he failed or passed his test. These are in the original game.

I never had Imoen in the party with CN Anomen romance, so I can't say for sure if they have that conversation or not. I would go with Susi's suggestion - if it has sound clips, it's likely original banter.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Banter Pack adds Imoen banter with PC's love interest, I guess. She talked with Jaheira about our relationship as soon as I saved her from Asylum and she joined us. I can't remember this conversation from my previous, pure games.

HINT:If there is actual voicing, the dialogue is purely original. I mean, all original banters have at least the beginning line voiced by the NPC. Mod banters do not have this, unfourtunately. Am I right?

7. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Sometimes the NPCs talk to Imoen about their love interests, Aerie and Imoen in particular in ToB.

Some of anomen's new voice clips:
    "Helm's fury upon you all!"
    "Are you sure? I had enough of leadership in the Order. Oh very well, but it's a week vacation for everyone.*chuckle*"
    "I am ready to act."
    "Yes?"

Just felt like including them, soz :)

8. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

By the way, Imoen also has a little chat with Kelsey if you're in a romance with him. So I think Imoen is just being protective of her 'sister'. ;) Personally, I prefer Imoen's talk with Anomen better. It's more funny. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.