1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Underworld: Evolution ... can't wait

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Needs longer hair.

3. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Honestly, I was really disappointed by Underworld (it could have been much more). The vampires absolutely got whipped by the lycans. The vampires were too wimpy, a werewolf could take out a team of Death Dealers. And I have always been a fan of vampires (I am no Goth, tho) and watching them get thrashed... if only the fight didn't tip all the way to the lycans.

Therefore I have not much expectations for the sequel.

4. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Ah, more vampires :D :evil: But I have to wait so long.

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

The first Underworld seemed like a love-it or hate-it movie and I absolutely loved it. I hope January 2006 is the world wide release date, because I also can't wait to see it. The trailer already looks promising.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Faye

I guess that was a way of evening it out, so to speak. the vamps had numbers, wealth and position on their side while the lycans had to hole up in sewers and subways.

Definitely gonna see this next one. Kate Beckinsdale is such a hottie ;)

7. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    And the fact that they have all that AND still get thrashed by the lycans... doesn't speak to well of how efficient they are :nolike:

Its just that I got pretty hyped up by the trailers and what it could have been, and got pretty disappointed. Still hoping for when a new really cool vampire movie to come out :D

8. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Eh, Underworld was mildly entertaining, but not much more.

I'll probably end up seeing the sequel whenever it's on HBO.

9. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

If you've ever played Vampire: Bloodlines, you'll see how werewolves are meant to be. :) And how squidgy Vampires are when an eight-foot pile of muscles, fur and pointy appendages collides with them.

The first film was good, apart from the ridiculous ending with Viktor. The only film I've seen with a worse ending is Blade. But I'll definitely watch this new film.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Bah! you lucky americans and europeans...

hboasia sucks major ass. i forget what "the big premiere" this month is, but it's probably something that was released 3 years ago at the very least :rolleyes:

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I too am really looking forward too it. I must admit I never understood why this movie was so bashed. I can see the similarities in the action sequences to the Matrix - and how some people (mostly fan-boys) say it's a rip-off - but I thought it was great. The treatment of the vampire vs. werewolf war was great, and the characters were all suberbly cast - with the notable exceptions of Scott Speedman (who's about as interesting to watch in action as a stroke victim) and the guy who played Craven, who was just a douche. So you have one wooden actor, and one OVER-actor - but otherwise everyone was perfect. I love Bill Pavey (Viktor), whoever the guy was who played Lucian had a killer voice and presence. I hope to see him in more flicks in the future.

Anyway - I just hope this movie is done as well as the first. It looks like it may be a little too cheesy, but we'll see.

It'll be interesting to see Markus in action. For those who saw Blade II - it's the same actor who played Priest, the first Bloodpack member to be killed by the reapers.

12. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

wow, looks great

13. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @Death Rabbit

A little trivia for you, just in case you didn't know. The guy who played Lucian was Michael Sheen. He was Kate's beau. But then, while the first film was being shot no less, Kate dumps Michael and then starts a relationship with the director, Len Wiseman.

Sheen is back for the second film as well, as historical flashbacks that include Lucian. With Kate on set as well, talk about less than ideal working conditions.

And yes, he was great as Lucian. I loved that scene where he forced out the silver bullets that Selene shot him full of. Rawwrrrr!

14. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I liked Underworld, I first watched in Catalunyan, so I rented the DVD soon after to watch it in the original languaje :grin:

A little off topic:

Spain has no right to watch HBO, I don't know other countries.
    While living in Argentina, HBO was cable channel, but due to piracy and signal stealing they punished us giving the signal just to DirecTV users.
    I miss HBO... just darn national channels here. :(

15. Newfie Banned

I thought Underworld had all the right aspects of a great movie but just didn't deliver like it could have. Something like The Crow. I don't know what it is but I just found it plain boring after a while. I hope the sequel is much better. As much as eye candy as Beckinsale is, I think with Speedman as her sidekick she just can't carry it off. How about Jolie in that role! yummy!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.