1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unheard-of games

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Blog, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

What games have you played that you think nobody else has played?

Here's one from me: Shadowcaster.
    (If you've played it, make sure you let me know. I'll be quite surprised.)

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Played it. Still have the *original* cd. On a spindle, somewhere. Although, I didn't play it all the way through. The cheats didn't work, or at least, they didn't work well so I never got into the game much. It looked like it was fairly intense.

I have a couple. Keef the Thief is one. Conan: Halls of Volta is another.

3. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

must you always cheat :nono:

4. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Arx Fatalis. Great german crpg... I can't believe it didn't get more attention around here.

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Egoboo. It´s a 3D open-source game a lâ Nethack. Didn´t like: (1) childish characters, and (2)it´s simpler than Nethack. A lot simpler.

6. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Shadowcaster is a great game. I have it, and beat it too.

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Idoru, you're so wrong. I have the game, but i haven't played it yet. I will though, cause i hear a lot of good things of that game on another forum.

8. Blog Gems: 23/31

Dang, was wrong. But good to know some others played it. Loved the dragon morph. :)

Conan:Halls of Volta - i've played two Conan games before, but can't remember if either was called this. One was on my Apple ][, so I really doubt its that one you're referring to... for the other, you start the game just looting the town to get money to train? If neither, then no, I haven't played it.

Has anyone played Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor?

9. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The only one I doubt anyone else here has played is one a friend of mine is making himself, using some RPG maker program. It looks like an early Final Fantasy game, currently known only as 'The Awesome.'

He's making a lot of our frat into characters. I am currently the villain. :evil:

10. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I haven't met many others who play Seven Kingdoms 1 and 2 or Colonization.

[ February 10, 2003, 17:55: Message edited by: Mollusken ]

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Netstorm - no longer made, cool RTS, set in Nimbus, mostly on the net - NOW TAKEN DOWN! NOOOO!

Simon the Sorcerer - He's cool, rude, but cool :thumb: puzzle game really, you are Simon the Sorcerer (surprise, surprise) you gotta save Calypso the good wizard and kill Sordid the evil wizard

Knights and Merchants - brilliant game... can't play it no more :( ... :cry: ... :wail:

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Played Knights and Merchants, nice game but way to difficult...

Crusader No Remorse is a game I havent heard other people talk about, but it ownz!! Unfortunately you need the original MSDOS to play it, and Im running XP :sad:

13. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I got Seven Kingdoms II, haven't played it in a long time.

Here's 2 I doubt anybody else has played:

Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharamacist, the only reason I got it was that it was written by Al Lowe,not a bad game but you do have to do some lateral thinking.

Escape from Hell, never finshed it, got stuck on the 3rd level trying to free Teddy Kennedy.

[ February 10, 2003, 23:59: Message edited by: Capt. Tripps ]

14. Blog Gems: 23/31

I've played Colonization! It's great! The only thing I didn't master in that game is HOW to keep prices from going down too much. (Silver dropping down to 100 gold/ton - so frustrating; it takes so many turns just to mine it and it sells for next-to-nothing)

15. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Dungeon Keeper! Insanely addictive game! Was hooked for weeks. Do you guys know it?

16. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Played Dungeon Keeper and the sequel. Pretty fun specially when you take control of one of your minions; and the imps are sooooooooo coooooool!

Hmmm a game people might not have played, Feeble Files?

It was fun for a bit (it's a point n click btw) but i got bored of it quick. Nice idea but poorly executed.

Oh and 2 others Oni (great game!!) and Startopia (another great game!).

17. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Dungeon keeper is the game i've played the most, out of all my games.
    I got Deeper Dungeons as well. Some of the deeper dungeons are really hard.
    DK2 was also amazing.
    Wierd thing: On my old pc, Dungeon Keeper 2 ran a lot better/smoother than Dungeon Keeper 1.

Anyone else played Interstate '76 (or Interstate '82) I loved I'76. But never knew anyone else who had even heard of it.

18. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Soulbringer (Infogrames). The only other person I know who would even think of playing such an annoying game as Soulbringer is my brother.

[ February 12, 2003, 19:29: Message edited by: Tarol'azh, a.k.a.Tobias ]

19. Istari of Thay Banned

Yeah, I love Dungeon Keeper, I finished it after two weeks... addictive...

I've played number two to... you??

Heres a couple I bet no one of you have played...

Dragonriders of Pern
    (Alt least I think it was Pern)

&

Mages
    Ooold game, had it when I was 11 or 12...
    (where has it gone) :confused:

Anyone heard of theese?

20. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

USAF.
    I love this simulation along with all the simulations of Jane's Combat Simulations. I also played a lot F-15 and F/A-18.
    My friends hated those games.Ahhh nostalgia

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.