1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Urgent! Is It Impossible To Solo A Fighter 966666? (SoA)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Nobleman, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Poor Mr. Writer doesn't give any life signs. So I'll pick up my own glove and try and finish SoA with a Fighter 966666 together with Kailynne. I'll do it immediately and stall any other story I am on. I hope that we can share experience later on Kailynne :). It can't be immpossible to sola this! It just can't? :mommy:

Lord Mayhem:
    Background story. He hates the world cause he was born as a looser and dimwitt. Very selvish and stubborn. Self appointed Lord.

Neutral Evil
    Fighter strenght 9 and 6 in all other attributes
    Sling ¤¤¤¤
    Long sword ¤¤

* = easy
    ** = medium
    *** = hard
    **** = insane
    ***** = Impossible

Irenicus dungeon.
    I don't know how you did survive and accomplish so much Kailynne. Lord Mayhem had to stumble his way out, and leave the acorns and just run past the Otyugh. Use vampiricv touch to get portal key from trapped chest. Got Helm of Balduran and long sword +1. But where is my Fireball and mirrorimage? :wail:
    Evaluation **** Time: 45 minutes
    Quest beer: golden Sands, Mithrest inn
    Money till salvation 17438

Circus Tent
    Very easy. Used Vampiric touch to heal himself against first peasant/orc. Slept and did it again on the next one. Ran up to Kalah, and attacked him. He didn't do much to prevent his death. Got Charisma ring. Made Lord Mayhem satisfied.
    Evaluation * Time 5 minutes
    Quest beer: Winter Wine, Mithrest inn
    Money till salvation 12904

Free Hendak
    Slightly annoyning to be held :). Had to reload. Else it was a tad tricky to get moving. But the sling, Horror and Vampiric touch are really saving Lord Mayhem's day. It is just pure pleassure to kill slow dumb creatures like bears and minotauers. He had to go close combat with beastmaster after running a bit around. Getting out of this stupid studded leather will be a joy. The quest gave a lot of money. Sling proficiency is now up to ¤¤¤¤¤
    Evaluation ** Time 25 minutes.
    Quest beer 2xBitter black ale, Copper Coronet
    Money till salvation 6498

Real Mean Motorscooter Ruffians
    Lord Mayhem went to graveyard district to get Tirdir quest. He got a little delayed when I first tried to take out the crypt king. Doh! Immune to normal weapons. And then I tried to get kittix with him. Damn swordspiders and poison. Doh! Reload. Retreat! When he was heading towards bridge district to solve tirdir case, he met Suna Seni's muggers. Got fried first time. Reload. Second time cast horror affected half of them, none of those spellcasters... Bugger. Bombarded cleric with Sling, and used Vamp touch on mage. Dead. Dead. Rest was easy. Lord mayhem had to quaff a potion of hill giant strenght from the loot, just to carry it away with his feeble strenght. And that was a lucky choice indeed. Because when I changed direction to Gaylan's house to buy the glasses of Identification I ran into big trouble with Lord Mayhem. Cohrvale was frightening but hit run hit run, with sling. It went sweet. But then.... Oh dear oh dear. A ruffian captain and One, I say ONE x-bow ruffian companion of his joined in. I say holy saint mary, they were sent by the devil. Nomatter where I ran they followed and hacked/bombarded Poor lord Mayhem with thundering efficiency. And the Autosave with the great Suna Seni battle got worse and worse. :hahaerr: It took a quick hide in a house and switch armor. That would help I thought. Nope. little did it help. They kept up their bloodruse to explode his torn body. Anyway fun aside and a lot of reloads of an poor and rotten autosave in Galens house, Lord Mayhem won. He bought Glasses and sleept,healed, identified and sold goods at Bernards in one happy union.
    Evaluations 50 minutes
    Suna Seni gang *
    Corhvale encounter **
    Ruffian and x-bow follower ****
    Quest beer Amnish beer, copper coronet
    Money till salvation 4992

------more to come--------- :)

2. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well, either Mr Writer is busy, or he has a life.... :grin: :lol: Kidding.

On the more serious side, two is good but three is better. Kailynne's story seems to have come to a standstill in the Underdark though.... Let's see if you can get past that point.

You know, the difference between soloing a fighter and soloing a cleric (my current project) is that with a FIGHTER'S thac0, you can actually hit things..... O.o :nolike: :grr:

3. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Go for it! Irenicus' dungeon was TOUGH - with more than just a capital T! And the waylays in between districts - whew!

So, your choice is to go for the Glasses of Ident? Interesting. I went for the Belt in order to carry more. What armor are you wearing/how are you carrying anything? I had lots of problems just getting stuff from point A to B - or are you figuring that that aspect is understood so you aren't mentioning it?

Anyway, good on ya! This should be interesting.

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited October 15, 2001).]

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Thx Tiamat :p. Kailynne a measly 50 lbs is what we have to settle with. :lol: I don't carry much loot around since Lord Mayhem doesn't have draw upon holy might. So I settle with Studded leather and carrying simple stuff, scrolls, gems and weapons. I think the glasses can pay of with Identification. But perhaps I should have saved for the Girdle and the girdle only. hmmm. I am planning to start the Unseeing eye quest after I can afford the girdle. I think I'll head for Umar already. And join with Bodhi. :)
    I'll continue tonight. I have some "real life" roleplaying :hahaerr:

5. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

I was just confirming my own experience with the weight limit/carrying thing vis-a-vis the armor that you are wearing. Until you get some STR, this is the biggest challenge, I think.

You may be correct that the Glasses will pay for themselves early on. I went for the Girdle frist figuring that I could make it pay for itself quickly as I wouldn't have to leave as much behind or make so many step-n-fetch it trips over any sort of distance. The Glasses only pay for themselves if and when you have to identify something before selling it.

No big deal, just a difference of strategy.

And again, Good luck.

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Same question as in KJ's topic: Will you allow gauntlets ofd dex, girlde of strength etc?

Nobleman, now you play 2 campaign at the same time. That sucks. I fear that Mojo will be forgotten. Why not just complete BG with Mojo (just :))? Then you can import him to BG, after he increased his stats a bit with the tomes :)

7. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

[​IMG] Mojo?

In any case, I recommend that you go for SOME sort of stat booster as soon as possible.

Furthermore, I think that the Planar Sphere is probably easiest tackled at a low level (easier golems).

Again, good luck.... You're gonna need all the luck you can get. ;)

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] I'll play on Mojo tomorrow :) I am actually on four games right now Headbanger :). Mojo, Lord Mayhem, 6 Wizardslayers and The Nun. Anyway I have saved around 1000 GP now on identification, but I might have lost an equal amout cause I can't carry the stuff I find. I am gonna use any ability raising items I can get my hands on. Kailynne is a very adept player and he uses them and still have troubles. I would be a fool to complete it without any enhancments at all. But anyone who is willing may do so, but it is not worth it. :)

Docks district duties
    Once again lord Mayhem tried to get to bridge district to solve tirdir case. But got stalled by party that carried poisoned Renfeld from the harpers. Standard horror, sling, vampiric touch (HSV). And Slash the spellcasters first. Lord Mayhem has to run a bit around and hit with his sling from time to time to prevent thugs and scumbags from hitting him too often. He delivered Renfeld's body to Rylock. Got Xzar mission and Went to Prebek's house. HSV didn't go so great, and had to spend some time running outside to buy time for the second HSV. Still Prebek hit hard but not hard enough. Went into Harpers hold and found Montaron and betrayed Xzar. hehe. And what a day this one turned into. Lord Mayhem could now afford the FIRST SALVATION... Surprise! it is the Girdle of Giant strenght :).
    Evaluations 35 minutes
    Renfeld captors*
    Prebek house **
    Betraying XzarNo fight
    Quest beer Dragon's beer, Seabounty
    Money till 2nd salvation 25642

Roaming Umar
    Yeah it feels nice to have 19 in strenght. Lord Mayhem is finally able to dress as a lord. He bought plate mail and sling of seeking(str. Bonus) in Copper Coronet. He then headed for Umar to get some experience before taking on the Unseeing eye quest, since there is a curse on getting to the bridge district and solve tirdir case without interruptions. In Umar he helped Madulf and found Mazzy's notes and Helped Jermien. Then I decided to make lord Mayhem go for the unseeing eye already, since he killed the stone golem with four bullets and gave the mimic around 60 in damage in six hits. Lord Mayhem is happy to have Arbane's sword as a backup weapon; free action and haste. Now he can mirror image with Namarru. Cool. He uses the shield he got from Madulf (+2 and 5% MR). He has AC-2 Still no good long sword in his posession. Uncool. Anyway he got Smacked by Umber Hulks in Mimic lair. :)
    Evaluations 20 minutes
    Madulf No fight
    Mimic Lair*
    Umber Hulks*****
    Jermien's Stonegolem*
    Quest beerWyrm's brew ale ,Umar Inn
    Money till 2nd Salvation 24631

9. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

I really like this "scoring/rating system"
    ------
    Evaluations 35 minutes...
    Madulf No fight
    Mimic Lair*
    Umber Hulks*****
    Jermien's Stonegolem*
    Quest beerWyrm's brew ale ,Umar Inn
    Money till 2nd Salvation 24631
    ---------
    Wish I had thought of it!

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited October 16, 2001).]

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] thx Kailynne. We all live to share with our friends so use it if use want :)

Unseeing Eye, well goodbye
    Cleared a little sewer beast for Sewer fence. But the sewer is generally pretty annoying to me. avoided Rakshasa. Perhaps later. unseeing eye. Perhaps later.. What a failure :hahaerr: Did give them a dent, or their opponents, since lord Mayhem works undercover. He killed some wraiths and shadow fiends. Some ettercaps and wampiric mists. But it took half his stash of 40 bullets+1 and a lot of reloads. So in dispair Lord Mayhem went out and killed the sewer gang. He came from the south side. Cast horror which affected the Leader (axe guy) and bow girl. Why wont it ever affect the spellcasters? :). After that he bombarded the cleric with his sling, doing the average 15 dmg per normal bullet. After 2 bullets he cast a second horror. It tore the party apart. One of them still followed lord Mayhem but he got a taste of hasted hit and run. Went in and finished of panicked bow girl. Then found cleric and finished him off. The mage and a spellcaster had teamed up and was a though pair to beat. It was hard to keep both at bay with spellcasting failures. Eventually they died after some reloads. The leader (Axe guy) was the last to fall. He had walked far away in panic. All this paid for Bodhi which postponed his 2nd salvation a great deal:hmm:. He looted a free full plate though :). I hope that slaying the thieves guid gives the greedy lord a lot of coins so I didn't waste my money entirely.
    Evaluations 60 minutes
    sewer, general***
    Unseeing eye;Shadows/ettercaps/vampiric mists***
    Unseeing eye;Shadow fiends/wraiths/shadows***
    Sewer thugs***
    Quest beer 2xDragon's ale, Mithrest inn
    Money till 2nd salvation 26386

Slave of Bodhi
    The first Bodhi quest was easy yet irritating. The irritating part was Arkanis Garth. His backstab killed poor Lord Mayhem pretty easy in one blow, so I had to reload a few times. I'll continue to do Bodhi's quests tomorrow. The inbetween thugs are all treated with HSV. They are just a minor delay but steady income. I am planning on doing the rest of the Bodhi quests tomorrow, and then head for Nalia's father's keep to get money. I am more interested in money than Xp. as a matter of fact I am not interested in xp at all at this time. I still run around with the tuigan bow just to fire fire/acid arrows. He IS ready for The keep I think. :mommy: Then I'll try and take out the unseeing eye; better equipped and a lot stronger. After that I will try and take out Kangaxx. Just to see how strong he is. It is a good test of wheter I am ready for the underdark or need to play him some more to learn all his tricks and treats.
    Evaluation 15 minutes
    First Bohi Quest; the dock's cargo**
    Quest beer Bitter black ale, seabounty
    Money till 2nd salvation 23123

11. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Well, I tell you what, siding with Bodhi should give you definitely less aggravation than Lerrahud faced with the vampires. I am not saying that the thieves will be no challenge. However, at least you won't have to worry about being level drained (at least until the assault on Bodhi).

12. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] The friendly Bodhi and thugs on the run
    I messed up the assasination mission for Bodhi but she was lenient and didn't punish the not so clever Lord Mayhem. Then off to wipe out the master of the guild. Aran Linvail. The first pair of rooms were easy. Lord mayhem has the helmet of defence that protects against domination and the sword which protects against hold. So the mages couldn't really bother him. His AC is -4 so the sword thugs couldn't hit. Downstairs the 5 arrow thugs were slightly troublesome. Only with haste and mirrorimage he made it. booter died easily, but the female mage backstage (8000 xp) twarted Lord mayhem.
    Evaluations 45 minutes
    assasination* (failed though :hahaerr:)
    first floor of thieves guild**
    basement of theives guild Postponed
    Quest beer none
    Money till 2nd salvation 22438

Itsy bitsy spider
    Lord Mayhem went to graveyard and picked up Kittix from the tombs. The spider really smashed up the shadow thief mage with poison. The biggest challenge down here was a very strong and fast fighter in a room with "maze" traps. Reloads, reloads, reloads. I had to haste and lure him away. Haz the mage with the key to Aran's personal quaters was easy with kittix. In the end room I charmed someone, not sure who. A demon was summoned. Aran started attacking the demon so did many others. It was all pretty chaotic. While the demon razed I got Aran on my tail so he took a mano-a-mano against Lord Mayhem. Mayhem mirrorimaged, hasted and threw Vampiric touch. All enough to kill the weakened Aran. Back in the room the Demon had let a few person to finish off. Lord mayhem had some potions of invisibility. So hit and drink. Hit and drink. Nomore priest of the mask. All left was two thugs and a bowguy. With a few healing potions left it was a victorious last phase. Lord Mayhem drank 9 potions of extra healing and lots of other stuff on his way through the thief guild so it was pretty expensive, but definately cost effective.
    Evaluations 65 minutes
    Pai'Nai(kittix)**
    basement of Thieves guild****
    Inner Sanctum**
    Quest beer Golden sands, Mithrest inn
    Money till 2nd salvation 5829

OBsession with money
    Lord mayhem was obsessed with the idea of how close he was to the 2nd salvation that he forgot all about Bodhi. He went to Nalia's keep instead. And boy was there a lot of loot. Had to run back to Athkatla two times. The hard part was to get trolls killed. The tuigan bow did the job untill I got the Flail assembled. A good thing that Lord Mayhem could haste and run since it was futile to resist the hammering hands of the golems. The Yuan ti mage got a kittix treatment and got shot at a distance. He went in close combat to kill the splitting troll before it maimed kittix. All were intense and cost a few potions of healing. Lord Mayhem even got confused twice. Garcia was charmed because I had 9 hp left when I entered the room. I found out that he had been cursed by the trolls. Wow. first time I noticed that. Pretty embarrashing since I have completed the keep more than a handfull of times. And killed Garcia each time :o. On the second run to Athkatla Lord Mayhem could afford his 2nd salvation. "Sling of Everad" woohooo. No more bullet concerns and hitting very, very often and very very fast. speedfactor 0. The umber hulk were still very very hard. no insane to kill. The djinni ring from Aran was the saving grace as he kept defending agaist three umber hulks. Many reloads and saves later they were dead. Torgal and companions were equally hard. geeez what a challenge of patience :). Lord mayhem was appointed lord of the keep to his great satisfaction. He is happy to be Lord Lord Mayhem (Silly name though, but his game name is Lord Mayhem).
    Evaluations around 120 minutes
    first floor of the keep**
    Yan-ti mage and twin trolls***
    Golems*****
    Outside of castle**
    Trolls downstairs***
    Umber hulks ****
    TeamTorgal****
    Quest beer a lot, copper cornet :)
    Money till 3rd salvation I dunno. (19640 GP to spend)

Reflection
    I can't wait ttill I get my hands on the bag of holding :). It has been hard to solve the keep's problem. I think I'll head for the boots of speed in the near future. I might buy the shield of Balduran to defeat the beholders in the unseeing eye. I also got my eyes on the blade of balduran (+10% MR) since I only have a long sword +1 so far :(. Finally I am having experience points as first priority because Lord Mayhem and I have grown fond of the flail of ages. Slow the enemy and nail them from a distance with sling. Wooohooo, he is twisted and evil in his mind. It's a hard world out there. If you want to stay alive you have to fight for it! I'll test the Kangaxx bloke now, to see how ready Lord Mayhem is for Underdark. He is not afraid. But he will be.... he will be :mommy:

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited October 17, 2001).]

13. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Interesting choice of ranged weapon. I tried the SLing of Everard for a bit.. The math wound up causing me to go back to the Tuigan Bow...
    1. Speed of 0 = 3.3 atacks per round.... .3 better than Tuigan Bow
    2. Sling has Shorter range...
    3. Hits as +5 ammo.... No need to carry bullets... Arrows' hit values are variable...Bullets can't/won't kill trolls. Acid/fire arrows can.

Still... you chose the Sling... It'll be up to your tactics to make it work...

AS I said, interesting.

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

AC is important. With Slings you are capable to wear a shield, wich provides up to an AC of 4 lower in the game. Also many shields have some additional bonusses. I think resistance is very important, so isn't it an idea to store stuff somewhere, for example the dragon-slaying set. When you try to kill a dragon, use this stuff, you'll need it :)
    That is also useful against Mindflayers (protection from Domination) or Vampires (level drain)

15. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] I had a hard time choosing between bow/Sling. But I like the idea of a +5 weapon with blunt damage. I also like to be able to go close combat with a shield without having to pause and puzzle around in my backpack in combat. The Tuigan bow is also a magnificent weapon :) Interesting indeed. That is what I love with our parallel stories too Kailynne :)

Hide the hide
    Lord lord Mayhem went to the bridge district and tried to solve his never ending story. "the Tirdir" case. But alas the man in red was away. Grrrr. :) So he investigated the murders. The battle at the tanner's was pretty hard. The Rune assasins did a lot of damage to poor Lord Mayhem. On the second time around he ran to the corner and summoned kittix. with a little web and HSV it all went straight again. I do hate when Lord Mayhem looses his special abilities.
    Evaluations*** 30 minutes
    Quest beerEvermead, Five flagon
    Monye till salvation I still have no idea.

Free Haer'Dalis
    The mage who held Haer'Dalis captive got the usual kittix treatment and vampiric touch. Kittix got slain immediately but with haste and pure violence Lord Mayhem beat him. I'll miss the Vampiric touch the most since it brings Lord Mayhem above 90 HP and past the annoying power words. Mayhem opened a trapped chest but the lightnig bolt that hit him bounced into the next room and gave the handfull of umber hulks a tremendous amount of damage. He drank a potion of speed and clarity, mirrorimaged and went in to take on the rest out. Neat :).
    Evaluation** 20 minutes
    Quest beer Evermead five flagon (expensive but he lives as a lord now)
    Money till 3rd salvation still saving. Around 26000

Planar prison
    This is fun.
    First I went straight in, wounded and all from freeing Haer'Dalis. Tihi. Reload
    Second I just rested and mirrorimaged and hasted, went in still pretty beat up. But the one I chose to Vamp.Touch turned invisible and the spell was wasted. and he got beat down by a power word stun. Reload.
    Third No more fooling around. Rested to full (use kittix to heal, with vampiric touch. heh). Mirrorimage, and haste. Went in a vampiric touched a guy that didn't turn invisible. Had potion of extra healing ready to heal above 90 HP. Took down 2 of them while hasted. Went to kill the right Yuan-ti with sling, while the pretty annoying left Yuan-ti cast those power words and fingers of death in vain. Summoned Kittix to deal with him, While Lord Mayhem took care of his summonings. Boots of speed. Wooohooo :) Then he used potions of invisibility to sneak around. (REMEMBER;ALWAYS CARRY 5 OF THEM AROUND!!) Found Master of Thralls. Killed him with sling. Very easy. Invisible sneaked back. Freed the Thralls. Went back and made hit and run on everything. The Warden was easy. His only annoying thing was Horrid Wilting. But Mayhem had a good stash of healing. And an active vampiric touch. The warden chased him around but it knew it would die from the sling eventually. And so it did. And yeeeah. A new long sword. At last! The drinker. What a surprise. I had forgotten all about it. Only been in here once before in a multiplayer game with a friend, and then we just sold it. Lord Mayhem bought Vhailors Helmet. 3rd Salvation, 5 potions of genious and some scrolls of protection Vs. Magic and undead. All should be used to make life much sweeter.
    Evaluations 50 minutes
    Bounty hunters**
    Thrall master and his airelementals**
    Warden*
    Quest beer got taint in Five Flagon
    Money till 4th Salvation I got a new one. 10,000

Reflection With The success in Astral prison and the new purchases, and the looting of boots of speed. The future is looking promising. I have a lot of strategic ideas to finish this game without anymore *** quest. I can't get into Kangaxx coffin and kick his butt because the door is locked. I wanna phone a locksmith :wail:. My last two ideas before going to the underdark is the unseeing eye and Trademeet. And then I have a lot of scrolls and potions to buy.. I am looking forward to this. Headbanger I use my new castle as stashing for weapons worth keeping, untill I return from the underdark with bag of holding. Then I hope to be immortal :mommy:

16. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

A major diffference between our two stories is your use of the Vampiric Touch... Seems to hold you in great stead in comparison to my former puny little Minor Healing spell. I am also looking forward to seeing how you deal with losing all of your Bhaalspawn abilities except the Slayer... Even the Bag of Holding isn't a panacea - it can''t heal you and there are only so many potions that you can buy anyway.

Should be interesting.

[This message has been edited by Kailynne Johanne (edited October 17, 2001).]

17. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

Can't deny yourself a good beer, eh? ;) Keep up the good work. One question: you specified what your "first salvation" was (Girdle of Hill Giant Str), but not what your second or third are...so what are they?? :grin: I follow Lord Mayhem's tale impatiently....

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.