1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Useless items

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Fergus, Nov 30, 2000.

1. Fergus Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Why don't the quest items disapper after a quest ( keys, masks etc ) ?
    You can't sell them for very much ( even though some are gold ) and usually end up storing them incase they are needed for something.
    After the quest has been completed they should just disapper say when the door is opened or whatever as they just take up space.

Ps Doesn't Razgon look familiar
    'Fergus the grass'

2. Razgon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] eh?? do I look familiar???
    how so?
    Flemming Madsen

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited November 30, 2000).]

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Pretty pathetic, Razgon. I say you can't post URLs, you come back with an ad signature. Sigh.

The signatures here are disabled for a reason. If anyone here wants to know who you are or what your site is, they can look up your User Profile.

In other words, don't post those links below any of your text again.

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Back to the question, it's a nice thought if you don't like souveniers. But that's just a window waiting for bugs to crawl in. Pretty soon, all sorts of item would be disapearing from your inventory.

5. Fergus Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Fair point Crawl but how do you know if an item can be used for something else ?
    Would it not be easier if you added a note to the item to say what it was used for or the game automaticcally told you.
    This co-incides with Syl's problem that he didn't know the illithium (spelt that wrong) was in the game to coat the mace.
    Things can get left behind that are used in other quests etc but this can lead to problems if say stored in a place that a quest is being completed then you lose that item.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Syl's problem was a little different; there are two legitimate uses for the Illithium, he happened to choose the least advantageous use (IMO) because he was unaware of it's other use at the time.

7. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] That mask might have a use, mages can wear it even though they can't wear helms.

8. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The Mask would be useful if it wasn't just for that particular area in Windspear Hills. Perhaps another such creature down the road in the Underdark or in a later chapter. It does look pretty sweet though when worn.

Syl...

9. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I just keep all the useless items in my wonderfl ranger hut, so if i need them, i can go back and get them

much easier than carting them around everywhere:-D

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I'm beginning to think being a pack rat is a good thing. I think I threw away the sewer key...and I can't remember where! Now I might not be able to piece together Crom Feyr!

11. Crawl Gems: 23/31

I won't throw away anythig unless I absoutly have to do so to make room for something worth a lot. I like the bag of holding to store useless items until I can dump them in the sphere. I'm scared to to anything good in it because I think I read posts about things disapearing from it a lot. Anyway, odd items that have some other use in the game are hinted at in their discription. Take the sewer key as an example. It says it is a sewer key, but also says there are no sewers nearby and that it must be for use somewhere else.

12. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Where is the sewer key? I cant find it anywhere??

13. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.