1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Value of intimidating Beodaewn

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Warston, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Warston Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Made a discovery the other day. If you can intimidate Beodaewn - the greater werewolf at the start of Chapter two - you can take advantage of not only reduced prices he sells at, but inflated prices he'll buy at. Maybe even better than Heggr Splitsteel among the Underdark merchants - I haven't checked yet. The option my paladin got was: "No, I'm *not* going to forgive you. Your deception has convinced me that you are only worthy of death." At which point Beodaewn offers a discount that's 'acceptable'. Made around 650,000gp from selling stuff to him afterwards and thus could afford all Nym's goods before he disappeared.
    The Paladin had intimidate >20 if I remember correctly.

2. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

^Yeah, I'm really going to try to work this out on my next run-through. I was sorta dimly aware that folks said this was not just possible but also very profitable, but I've never been able to do it on previous runs.

3. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

This not only depends on your Intimidate ability, but you also MUST have heard of his.. "other" qualities from the Andora villagers AND have the villagers still alive when you go talk to Beodaewn again. Otherwise you will not get this conversation option.

4. Warston Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yes. I forgot to mention that, and I'd add, it seems to work only if your character talks only to the black panther character (forgot the name), but does not take the option to go and speak to Ilium, until after speaking with Beodaewn.

I think this is the order:
    1. speak to Odea Winterthaw
    2. ask her to mention again the cult - she says more about Beodaewn
    3. go speak to Beodaewn using a character with high intimidate
    4. Don't forgive him... accept the discount option he offers

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  5. KranfordTButcher Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Just goes to show, that no matter how much you play the game, there's always something new to learn. Nice work on the gold earnings, by the way. I will most definitely keep this in mind next time I go through that chapter of the game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.