1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Vampire Masquerade Redemption!

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Sir Dargorn, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Wow! What a superb game, i have been playing for a couple of days nw and the graphics are still far superior to NWN and Morrowind ut together, the gameplay is awsome and the story is just so movie like it's unbelievable.
    This is what the future of AD & D gaming should resemble.
    Any thoughts?

2. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Que?

There's a Vampire Masquerade CRPG out?!?!

I loved the old Masquerade PnP game, and the series that was on FOX briefly was very well done. Who puts this game out?

I might have to suck it up and buy a game other than Asheron's Call. :1eye:

3. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

Awww Shralpy you pillock how could you miss it, 90% or more reviews in every decent Pc Game magazine!
    Anyway it is now on budget, which is cool although that means you don't getting the bloody manual, and as i have little knowledge of the pnp game i wished i had some backround.
    Now i am a little confused about the American reviews on Amazon. First of all they say you can only save at designated areas, that isn't true i can save anywhere, plus they say the AI is crap, that is also an exaggeration, it is not brilliant but it is certainly not crap.
    Anyway this may just be the American version so maybe you should buy it from Britain and import it. It is cheaper here too.

American

British

(Another example in the different cultures, you will notice in America the minimum age to buy the game is 17, in Britain it is 3!)

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Let me tell you about this game.

Good points: Beautiful graphics, easy to master gameplay, awesome story, great sound effects and ambient music.

Bad points: Overwhelming difficulty-blood is too rare, weapons are too expensive, ammunition is disgustingly difficult to obtain, too little experience points are awarded for you to meet the next challenge. Before the patch, you could only save at certain points, making an already difficult game even worse.

My verdict: a game that should not be missed. But unless you have a real life Fortitude discipline of 10, go with the cheats. That way, you can actually finish the game without vomitting you guts out, which is really a shame seeing as the game is actually very, very good.

5. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

Yes i have to agree there are some very difficult parts of the game, Example 1 is a boss you meet at the end of the monastery levels, i didn't cheat, in fact i never would but it took me a lot of persevearence.
    Another is when you wait in a clock tower until dawn and then work your way through a building complex, in the shadows, if you go into the daylight you burn, now when you have guys in the sunlight firing arrow at you and only one member of your party ahs a bow, and all the people are going crazy cos the AI has caused them to charge when in defensive stance, then i had to chew my arm off before i destroyed the screen.

Still, Shura the best way to overcome the problem of blood is to take one character (deactivate the others) and go and beat up a lone bad vampire till his name turns to red and he hobbles off.
    Then bite him and suck him dry, repeat as nescesary.

6. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I loved this game and wished for more. It was challenging but it was paced well. The story is one of the best. Another helpful Discipline was awe or entrancement or mesmerize. This basically stunned your opponents and then you could suck them to your hearts content. I made it through the game without cheats but it wasn't easy and did take some patience.

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

All games sold within two weeks of the release fixed that save game problem. This is truely a fantastic, if somewhat difficult game. Some of the bosses will take you numerous reloads. It has perhaps the best story I've ever seen in a game, plus the multiplayer of it is as good as NWN.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.