1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Vampire

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Oxymore, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Has anyone played "Vampire the Masquerade"?

I'm currently considering buying a few low-budget games, is this one worth it?

I like the vampire background in general, but I wonder: is this really a rpg or more of an action game?

[ June 10, 2003, 23:51: Message edited by: Oxymore ]

2. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have played that game, a long time ago. It has nice 3d graphic for its time. It is more like 3d Diablo, with nice "vampire atmosphere".

The story starts in medieval Prague but it finishes in the future...

The game is worth the price if you like these kind of games, but otherwise is not. But most games are lik that!

3. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I played the game some years ago too, but when i heard that the game takes you to the future i stopped playing it... hate games like that :grr:

4. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Played it. Liked it.

But there are some unbalanced skills.

Vampire skills use blood. And when these two skills have enough points (5 max), they give the user more blood then they consume. This means you cannot get out of blood. More, you can distribute your blood to other members of your party. (This skills feed you and steal blood from enemies - many of them fall dead without blood, they cannot use skills without blood).

You get experience points. You can distribute them between abilities and skills. You get skill books - if you read a book, you can then learn skills from it by giving points to these skills. (Book can be read by only one character - you should also wisely distribute books between party members ... SPOILER - wisely means all should go to your main character :), only books that he already read should go to other party members).

As for RPG it is not a great thing. Story line is straight, no side quests, you "meet" your party members and they join you ... you cannot get rid of them.

Its hack and slash with skill usage. After gaining some of these skills, weapons are of no use). I never user a ranged weapon. It was very easy for me. After getting appropriate skills it was "walking over dead enemies".

And you can sometimes attack and hurt bosses without "disturbing them from their bussines" - get down theit life points and them attack them openly. I suppose this is a bug of misbehaviour.

Has multiplayer. But I thing if you want multiplay such thing, get Quake :).

5. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Thanks for the insight, I think I'm going to buy it sometime soon.

6. L Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Quicho, you can just end up with your party in torpor pretty much all the time (except cut scenes).

Personally I quite liked the game, it was flawed, most noticably in the combat (party AI in particular is appalling), and the futuristic half just never appeals to me as much (although the jump between them does fit into the game.

I've played a lot better, I've played a lot worse. Would have been disappointed to pay full price for it, happy enough on budget.

7. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Woooh! Vampire kicks butt! I've played it, but I never actually finished it. My brother did, though.

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

That "future" half that you speak of is actually the Y2k thing. All of those weapons do exist in modern societies (they're often illegal, but that's a different matter).

9. Danj Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

This game is coooool! I recommend it! Although my computer can't take the graphics... Useless junkheap!

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

It's a good game, i've played it many times. Be prepared for some annoying bugs though, that won't be fixed by a patch. Such as members of your coterie, who'll get stuck behind a door, or you yourself having trouble crossing a friggin rug in the middle of a room.

Also, you can't save the game whenever you want, but there is a patch for that problem. Thank goodness, nothing is more annoying than having to do the same level over and over again until you get it right.

11. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yep, besides the bugs it's a good hack/slash game. Never really tried the multiplayer but it has some sort of storytelling/dungeonmaster element. Hmm, I might start playing it again this summer :) . Get out there and buy it!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.