1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Velon - The Drow

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by 8people, Apr 25, 2002.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    This is written by two people, DinoTiggy1 and 8people, I'll only be able to post it bit by bit.

Enjoy!
    ps. this is set in a very strange land of my creation, hopefully all will be explained

Velon grunted as she awoke, she clambered out of her four-poster bed and cursed as she drew her curtains part, a silver-blue moon glared back at her. Velon cursed as she pulled off her nightwear and dressed in a long, navy blue dress with even darker velvet patterns and trimming. Velon then sat at the end of her bed and glared at the doorway, sure enough a second later the door opened and in came a halfling, shaking with fear it came up to her mistress and knelt down apologizing over and over. Velon had none of it.
    “Pron! Dren hid Vyel Koronst!” Velon pulled the halfling up by her hair and drew a sword from the wall, she struck the Halfling across the face. Shintel the halfling screamed in agony as the small sword left a deep red line below her eyes, and the blood dribbled slowly down her face.
    “ Sheld rath forl, Halfling” Shrieked Velon. Shintel backed away into a corner of the shadowy room, hands covered in blood as she tried to stop the flow from her wound. Velon leapt from her bed, and stormed out of the room into the hall way murmuring some dark language under her breath.
    The halfling sauntered into the moonlight flooding in through the misty glass windows. She looked in the silvery mirror hanging behind her Drow masters bed. The wound didn’t seem so bad as it felt, the stinging pain shot through her skull. She could hear Lady Velon cursing as she walked down one of the many corridors in the house, curses flowed as freely from her mouth as water would from a well. Shintel looked out at the moon, she longed to be free again, with her own people out there on the surface. She had been captured after the Drow had taken over her village and had taken almost every body prisoner. If they didn’t come they were slaughtered, like her husband, Ghery. A tear formed in the corner of her eye.
    “Short ass, dern thyen” Velon called her, taking every moment to insult her. “Runty, Half-Pint” She continued
    “Bitch” muttered Shintel under her breath so that her mistress couldn’t hear her. She wandered down the dark corridors, lit only by small spidery light chains – magical lights attached to webs. Shintel reached the slaves entrance to the kitchens, she retrieved some food for Velon from another slave held captive, no one had seen his face in decades, She carried the tray through to Velon.
    Velon stared at the Halfling and Shintel looked down and avoided her gaze. As she reached forward to place the meal in front of her, Velon lent forward as if to whisper something in to the halflings ear. But Velon was deceiving her, the Drow looked into Shintel’s eyes and spat into her face. Shintel dropped the tray on the floor and the remaining food fell on to the marble floor. Shintel wiped the spit out of her eye and ran as quickly as she could out of the hall. Shintel ran into her private quarters and sat down. She knew Velon had been nice enough, once, though her people had tortured her into being the evil cow she was now. She had become a complete nightmare and had made her life in this house hell. Shintel started to cry and the tears rolled down her cheeks to a damp puddle on the marble floor. She stood up and then lent back down on to the wall and slumped on the floor, then cried some more.

Velon looked out of the window in the main room, it was midnight and the whole Drow community was out, she couldn’t face them, not tonight. Velon sighed, this plan would get her killed most probably, and it would kill the halfling too. But maybe it would work…
    Velon sighed, she couldn’t afford to disobey the lave laws a second time. The last slave she had helped to escape was tortured and dis-figured, after days in the chambers of darkness, the name given to the worst torture house in the city.
    Shintel sat and cried her eyes out as the moonlight flooded in though the open window. She stared towards the tall dark door as an orangy light came in from the hallway out side. The halfling wiped her tear stained eyes with the edge of her long sleeved shirt. Suddenly a lengthy, dark shadow darted by the door. Probably just a spider, the house was full of them, crawling around in the cracks and niches of the mansion. The shadow flitted in front of the door again, this time slightly closer though. Shintel backed away into a dark corner staring into the hall way, that was one heck of a big spider. A small torch appeared at the end of the dormitory, trailing smoke, traipsing towards her. The carrier of the torch lurched slowly forward, Shintel saw the outline, of a hunched back, and the torch holder was too small to be a Drow. The creature shuffled forward and kicked a large spider out the way, the creature squealed as it landed on its back and kicked its many legs trying to right itself, The torch-creature though stumbled blindly forward, his torch went out and a harsh voice mumbled in the dark;
    “Bugger it.”
    “What the hell?” A dark mound moved in the even darker corridor there was a little metallic sound and a ‘woomf’ and the torch was relit, the creature mumbled as he neared Shintel he lifted his torch and she gasped as she saw his face. He was obviously a Halfling, but his face, oh, it was the picture people only had nightmares about. His face was extremely disfigured, his eyes were glazed dark, and held memories of horror, his eyebrows were twisted beyond recognition. His back humped up further that his forehead and his neck was long, like a lizards. He stared painfully at Shintel, Shintel looked pitifully in to his eyes.
    “Help… Help me, you m-must help me,” a croak, hardly louder than a whisper escaped from the disfigured halfling’s twisted mouth.
    “Who are you? DEEP DOWN INTO HER MEMORIES< SEARCHING DEEPER AND DEEPER< THROUGH HER LIFE> Tossing unimportant information a side as she tunnelled into her mind. She gasped quietly.
    “No, sorry, I don’t think that I have ever seen you before in my life.”
    The halfling-thing howled in agony at the remark, he started growling from deep within his throat. The torch light flickered as the halfling started to advance towards Shintel. The growl was slowly growing louder, until eventually it throbbed in her ears. The monster was still walking forward slowly, baring yellowed teeth and snarling at her, like a giant spider. (she had spent far to long living with the Drow, she couldn’t think of anything else) The torch slowly slipped out of the creatures hand, but he kept on coming forward. Shintel felt his hot stinking breathe coming nearer, she screamed.
    Velon was sitting in her chair drinking wine when she heard her scream, Velon let the glass shatter on the floor and ran up to the slaves quarters, she grabbed a torch out of a bracket while she raced along the corridor. Velon burst into the room like a tornado, with a lot less spinning around. She came into the room in time to see the tortured slave hold Shintel against the wall by her neck, Velon drew a dagger and stabbed the slave repeatedly in the back, the slave screamed as the blade wove in an out and blood sprayed out of him in gushing fountains. He lay twitching on the floor in a pool of his own blood, he then became still, and a hiss of breath announced his death. Shintel slumped down on the floor and took in several deep breaths. Some of the tar from the smouldering torch mixed with the dark red blood, sending the rank smell up into the air. The halfling neck stung as though it had been in a noose, for a disfigured little creature, he sure had been strong. Shintel looked down at the body and then up into Velon’s hard stare. “What will I do now” she thought. Shintel staggered upright and looked past Velon towards the opened door. Now she knew what she had to do, she ran for the door, but Velon placed her hand on her arm to stop her, Velon’s’ eyes looked panicky, she looked less mean almost scared, like a frightened child. Shintel tried to struggle free, but Velons’ grip was surprisingly strong, Velon released her grip and spoke with difficulty in common
    “I can explain all” Shintel looked at Velon, a creature of deceit, lies and torture, she couldn’t help but listen.
    “I, well, that halfling was a normal halfling once, I tried to help him escape, while I was with my family, we failed, I was requested to move out to my own home, we were both tortured, he worse then I. My family made up stories explaining that the halfling had cast enchantment on me.” Velon searched her mind for a common word “eventually, we were both released and I was presented with you, hopefully two slaves would stop me freeing you. The other one” She motioned to the dead thing on the floor “He went mad, tormented, and tortured. I was inverted, personality wise, I became nasty, I apologize, I feel I must, I know I must, Sorry.” Shintel noticed a tear was running down Velons’ dark cheek “Sorry.” Shintel didn’t know what to say
    “I-It’s OK” Shintel patted Velon gingerly on the shoulder, Velon was shaking
    “We… could… escape” she seemed both sure and unsure at the same time. Shintel hesitated, she knew no-one had succeeded, and lived for long. Shintel shrugged.
    “Well, humm, but no one has ever managed to escape from here before,” muttered the halfling
    “Lets go for it”
    “But I don’t want to become like that, that, thing.” Velon looked at Shintel kindly
    “*You* won’t, it is me that will if anything, let us go!” Shintel shrugged, what had she to lose?
    “Alright, but we’ll need some better travelling equipment. And some better clothes, I mean, no offence, but we’re going to get noticed as soon as we leave with you in a dress like that. Along with some supplies.” Velon pondered for a moment
    “But I like my dress, sigh I suppose I could wear that adventuring dress.” Velon said, her aunt had sent her the dress from wherever she was off adventuring. Velon had quite liked the prospect of adventure, she also quite liked the dress, it was dark blue with black grey trimming. Velon turned to Shintel
    “We shall leave, we will both pack a few possessions and supplies and leave by day, only Fey wander around here by day” Shintel shuddered, Fey were like evil angels, tall with long black hair, tatty bat-like wings, and vampiric teeth.

Velon nodded at Shintel and pulled up her hood, Shintel was also wearing a cloak with a hood, she was so thin that she could have passed for a young Drow child. Velon led her through the crowds of Sidhe that flocked to the crowded town, Shintel looked at them with fear, Fey were crueller than the Drow, and better fighters, they also were the essence of magic. At least the Drow weren’t so vain! Velon lead Shintel out of the city. Trying to avoid all the Fey, sitting around on the tops of building, keeping an eye on the people below. Velon and Shintel hurried through, but not quick enough. They arrived at the main gate and where just sliding back one of the bolts locking the door. There was a loud thud behind them.
    “Tut tut,” muttered a deep voice from behind them. Velon spun around, a tall Fey was standing behind them, leaning casually against a wall. His features smiled unpleasantly at them, small yellowed fangs slipping down from his lips. The two escapees looked at him, taking it all in, especially the Fey’s large crossbow, pointing at Velon.
    “Well hello, little Drow, now what are we doing out here in the daytime,” Velon shuddered visibly under her dark, hooded cloak. The Fey glared at her, not concentrating on any thing other than Velon, he started to question the Drow, they usually slept through out the day. Not liking the sunlight on their delicate skin. Questions and answers flew through the morning air, between the guard and the Drow. But neither of them noticed Shintel starting to sneak through the shadows and around the squabbling two.
    “Why do you want to go, pretty little Drow? Yes, why do you need too leave now, ey?”
    “I, I- I just need to leave now, and I’m going to take my, umm, my daughter with me.”
    Shintel slid a long, silvery kitchen knife out from under her cloak. And then stepped forward out behind the inquisitive guard.
    “What dua…” The Fey never finished his sentence, he slumped forward, and Shintel stood grinning behind his twitching body. Velon smiled
    “Well done, daughter.” Shintel had strangely enjoyed killing the Fey, though this thought horrified her, Velon snuck through the gates, and dragged the thoughtful Halfling away from the stabbed corpse and out of the small gate that led away from the city. She was reluctant to leave her gory friend, but eventually she walked away.
    As they were just out side the gates, Velon turned around. A scream of rage echoed throughout the forest
    “Run.” Commanded Velon. The Halfling didn’t object and sprinted off surprisingly quick, soon disappearing into the green undergrowth. With Velon diving in, following speedily. Velon clicked her fingers and a blue spark lit, she was holding a slim, blue flame in-between her finger and thumb, Shintel looked nervous, wouldn’t the plants catch alight?
    “Don’t worry,” said Velon “It’s a non-flammable flame” Shintel pulled a face, Drow magic, why can’t it be simple?
    “Oookay, what ever,” Shintel stopped for a minute as Velon stormed past her. The halfling dodged under a handful of leafy branches and tapped the Drow on the shoulder.
    “Do you think that them Fey are following us, they sounded very annoyed, with all that screaming and such?” asked Shintel, Velon looked back
    “Definitely,” Velon stumbled over a tree root but continued running “they are on horses as well.” Shintel miraculously sped up.
    “Ack!” Shintel stopped as Velon bumped into her back.
    “Oh, oh dear.” Velon looked up and down in front of her, then at the sides, they were surrounded by Fey, mean Fey, with crossbows pointing at their skulls.
    “’Oh Dear’?” Shintel was shaking with fear and rage, this was all Velons’ fault “YOU, you have ruined my life!” Shintel yelled at Velon took a step back and raised a hand, she muttered a few words and the world around Velon turned grey, she had stopped time, Velon took out a slim dagger made of pure Draten, a deep blue-black metal of a glassy nature often used by Drow. Velon snuck behind a particularly threatening Fey and stabbed him in the back, time restarted.

2. C'Jakob Guest

Strange. . . I thought Fey were like Dryads, Nymphs, and the like. But that'll be explained, I assume.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    They are Faerie realted, ubtheck! my world my rules! ;):p:. The world is called Chirofen and it has three planes and over fifty races.

Shintel reached and felt in the air in front of her searching for Velon, was she invisible? A shriek pierced the stunned silence of the Fey, Shintel swung round, behind the crumpled heap of the dead Fey was her former mistress, Shintel took a leap of faith as Velon reached out and pulled her along through the forest. They ran for several miles until they reached an area deserted by trees, there was a clearing full of thorny bushes, Velon carefully wove her way through until she reached a spot that fitted her requirements, Shintel slowly crept to were she was. Velon beckoned to her and crept under a bush. Underneath the ground was mossy and devoid of thorns only the weaving branches and rays of sunlight flickering through
    “We’ll camp here.” Velon told Shintel “The Fey are allergic, to these plants.
    Shintel glared at Velon, she had been the cause of their travels, and she didn’t think like a normal Drow, she was far more cunning, far too clever. Shintel shifted away from her and curled up to sleep.
    “Wake up, come on, Shintel, wake up.” Shintel grunted as she became conscious to the real world and out of her dreams.
    “We must get moving.” Shintel peered through the branches, night time. She huffed as she crawled out after Velon and followed moodily as Velon led them out the other side of the forest and the city of Avis loomed into view
    “You can’t go in there!” Shintel squealed “That is the city of the fair Elven folk.” Velon nodded grimly
    “We must keep out of range of their tower.” Shintel turned round to face Velon, but she had gone
    “Velon?” she said nervously
    “Over here, I am hiding in the shadows” Shintel squinted until she could see the faint outline of Velon creeping along the grass that lined the base of the mountain. Avis was based a little way up the mountain, it was a shallow slope and was easily accessible. The pair travelled onward still along the road, they came to a rocky pass, they reached halfway when:
    “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH, Attack!” a horde of bandits emerged from the dark crevasses of rock and leapt from behind boulders, they were carrying scimitars while Velon was armed with a dagger and Shintel was with a kitchen knife, Velon was relying on her speed, kicks and punches, while Shintel was dependant on her small size giving her an advantage against the attackers, they were Vampires. They were covered in long, black robes, that flowed behind them as they leaped down from the rocky outlook on to the two adventurers. Velon gave off a quick flurry of punches, knocking one of the unwary vampires off his feet, while giving others a couple of bruises they wouldn’t forget anytime soon. Shintel withdrew her small kitchen knife and hacked away defiantly at the tall, pale humanoids. Most of the would-be bandits were taken aback by the ferocity with which the little person and the female were fighting. Velon took out her Draten knife, and finished off some of the unconscious vampires with a quick slice of the throat. Whilst the small halfling slashed away at their oppressors kneecaps. Amazingly the two friends had almost decimated the vampires, well, either that or they had all ran away. Dark, black blood was splattered across Shintel’s face and it was the same with Velons long adventurers cloak which had been dragging along the gore splattered path. There was a break in the fighting, and some of the vampires backed away, the two took the time to look around, by now there were only three vampires left. All the others had either fallen to blades or taken flight, off in to the pitch black sky. Shintel hid behind Velon, Velon stepped forward and kicked the first one in the stomach, he fell back winded as the other two prowled around the pair, Velon and Shintel stood back to back, knives drawn, they watched the Vampires. They had glowing red eyes that pierced the darkness, They had pale white skin and their hair was wild and spiky. Velon stared at one of them, the vampire stared back. He slowly lifted up his lips, and a pair of fine, white fangs slid silently down, ready to bite and pierce. Both stopped circling the pair for a moment, bunched up, and leapt. Velon calculated perfect punch to the vampires chest but the velocity of the punch caused the vampires fang to scratch her arm. Another kick missed the other vampire and he extended his talons and scratched her legs. Velon slit the throats of the vampires and turned to see how Shintel was, a vampire was holding her round the throat and sneering, he leant to bite Shintel but Velon balanced her dagger and threw it, it hit the Vampire who turned into a cloud of vapour and blood, Shintel hastily covered her arm, where the Vampire had bitten it hadn’t had the chance to effect her, or had it? Shintel didn’t care, what did it matter anymore? Shintel followed Velon through the pass, wild half formed thoughts swam through Shintels’ mind, Shintel suddenly fell to her knees.
    “Shintel, are you alright?” Velons’ words reached her ears and slowly travelled to her brain
    “I… am… fine I… I think.” Shintel staggered upright “Just… feel… weak.” Velons’ face radiated concern. As did her voice.
    “We shall set up camp as soon as possible, we may be able to reach ‘The Silver Inn’ before Moondown.” Drow, being nocturnal followed the Moon, just as a halfling would have said Sundown, following the Sun. Shintel coughed. Velon reached down and picked her up. Shintel could feel her eyes closing as she drifted into a deep sleep, never had she felt this tired.

Shintel awoke feeling happy and bright, and normal again, it must have just been a temporary effect of the Vampires’ bite. Shintel crawled out of her tent, Velon was frying sausages and eggs, she served it to Shintel with some mushrooms, Velon settled with a Kinstorfen Apple, it was blue with white flesh and very sweet, though a touch bitter, Velon watched Shintel eat, after she had finished she asked
    “Are you alright?” Shintel swallowed the last mushrooms
    “Yes, I’m fine, last night I was just tired.” Velon nodded
    “As long as you’re ok.” Velon stood up and threw the apple core over her shoulder, a squeak announced it had hit a squirrel. “It is only a eight hour trek to the ‘Silver Inn’” Velon began to pack the tent up, she did it surprisingly fast. After they were packed and had scuffed out the fire they travelled onward. After they had travelled four hours Velon announced
    “Thirteen O’ Clock, midday, and you see that building over there, left of the Oak, yes there, that is the ‘Silver Inn’” Velon sighed happily, it was daytime, but never had she felt so free.(there are 26 hours a day in this world.) Velon sighed again and started walking again, “Alright, we’re nearly there, come on Shintel,” Velon started to speed up and eventually broke in to jogging she turned back and smiled at the halfling, who was lagging behind slightly.
    “ Hurry up, slow ass,” shouted Velon jovially.
    “Oh Bugger off, Drow,” Shintel scowled as she replied to Velon. Velon was taken back with the ferocity that the halfling shouted at her.
    “Go away, I don’t need you, dark spawn,”
    “But we’re both friends now, you don’t have to do what I say now, we’re both free,” Velon spread her arms out indicating the space around them
    “Free?” said Shintel “Free… You don’t know the meaning of free, if I was free I would still be with my husband and my own tribe, and now you and your Dark buggers wouldn’t have taken them all away from me…” screamed Shintel in Velon’s face. Before shoving her out of her way and storming into the building just ahead of them. Velon stared hard at the little bitch as she disappeared behind a tall, oaken door, slamming it behind her. The Drow pulled herself up and out of the muddy puddle, and brushed some of the damp scum off her dress. Damn thought Velon, this robe cost my aunt two slaves, and now it’s nearly green, oh damn that half-pint.
    “What’s gotten into her? She’s not normally like this” Velon thought to her self. Velon, after making herself look and smell tolerable, she strode determinedly towards the big, stone building, following the bitchy halfling. As Velon pulled the big doors back, the enormous amount of sound hit her. Screaming, singing, shouting, calling out and even growling, it was obviously a very popular place. Velon sauntered towards Shintel, who was at the bar, ordering Blood Wine. Velon stood next to the halfling, who was sitting on a very high stool. The halfling slid around slowly until she was staring directly into Velon’s eyes. All the other activities going on in the rowdy pub, were drowned out. The sounds stopped and everything became silent as all eyes were on the small halfling and the cloaked figure. It was as though time slowed down for the two people at the bar, then time began to speed up again as Shintel’s fist rose up into the air. It powered through the air towards Velon’s face and there was a soft thwacking sound as it connected with a jawbone, Shintel gasped. Velon scrambled quickly along the floor, dodging under tables and avoiding peoples feet. Her long dark robes trailing along behind her as she crawled through the angry crowd. By the time she reached the tall staircase, which wound up into the bed-rooms. Now she was safe, she walked quickly up towards the bedrooms where she would spend the night. Not spearing a thought for what was happening down stairs. But what was happening at the bar?

Shintel was having problems of her own, after Velon had given her the slip. Her punch had continued on and smacked the man, that had been sitting behind Velon, right in the mouth. The man was called Kevlon. He picked up an empty bottle and smashed it upon the bar and then threw it at Shintel, she leant to one side and the bottles’ sharp edge scratched her shoulder and continued past her, a gasp issued from the man behind her as he slumped over the bar, dead, with blood leaking out from his forehead.
    “Damn”
    Everyone in the bar went wildly silent, in one swift motion everyone drew their weapons with sharp metallic noises surrounding Shintel as several gangs advanced towards the bar. The dead mans body was shoved off and away from the bar and on to the floor and behind him stood a tall, imposing figure. He stared hard at Kevlon.
    “What da’ hell do ya’ fink dat you’re tryin’ ta do, dat wa’ me brova, ya’ bastards,” the giant man had a slightly greenish skin, and his deep blue eyes stared at Kevlon. Kevlon was drunk on beer and giggled at the huge half Orc like creature. The green man heaved an enormous double headed axe from behind him and took a swing at the measly human. One moment later Kevlon’s bloody head rolled a little way across the floor. Shintel looked at it with a blank expression of horror as the open eyes stared into hers with a faint look of bewilderment. The half-Orc swung his axe round his head and several unfortunate people lost their heads. A gagging noise made Shintel look round, a man standing beside her had caught a blow from the mighty axe and his head hung on by a thread of sinew. Shintel felt herself turn green as she ran out the inn, she steadied herself on the wall, she felt faint. The halfling peered inside, the Orc was bellowing loudly while a man in black sneaked behind him and stabbed the Orc in the back. With a mighty roar he collapsed, his axe clattering by his side, almost decapitating someone else trying to get into the action. While another thin man tried to pick up the axe, which he then dropped on another humanoid, severing his foot. Soon all of the pub goers had joined in, and those that weren’t fighting were keeping out of trouble or sitting in the beams with their drinks watching the chaos below. After most of the fighters had been severely injured, there were many missing fingers, cuts, and deaths (you can’t get more severe than that.) The people who had been hiding jumped down to floor and re-sat themselves where there was not as much blood or bodies, that was of coarse until the man in black drew his knife and back-stabbed whoever he could, reactivating the fighters who had stopped. Shintel left the gruesome scene behind and traipsed off into the forest.

4. Eze&Sharkie Guest

Hey, 8people, it is really good. Please post some more.

5. 8people

Media:
    You want more? I'll try and post less each time

The sun was just beginning to rise over the misty horizon as Velon woke up. She pushed the heavy covers off and listened… Silence, there weren’t even any birds in the sky. She slipped into her dark robes, and then washed her face before walking out of the room. As she sauntered down the stairs, something hit her, it was like walking into a dug up cemetery, and as soon as she saw the bar area she knew why. She looked at the walls, their oaken boards stained with both beer and blood. The rank smell floating around in the air. Tables pushed up against the wall, chairs smashed upon heads. Swords and the like still emitting from the rank flesh of humans and patriots of the pub. Velon’s face looked on in disgust, the inn keeper (Who had been wise enough to avoid the scrum) was dragging the bodies away from the bar and propping them limply up against the blood stained walls.
    “What the hell went on here? It looks like a slaughter house, and smells even worse,”
    “Aye, right old scrap down ‘ere, started when some little gel got right bitchy wiv some other guy. I don’t fink anyone is alive, except one or two maybe…”
    “What about this *little gel* what did she do, is she dead, where is she, oh god” Velon questioned in a very distressed voice.
    “Oh the little guy, she’s a sly one, she throws the first punch, and then scarpers off. Ohh, if I could get me hands on ‘er” Right on queue Shintel walked slowly in, she saw the murder in the barmans eyes
    “Oshit” she turned and ran with the fat barman cantering after her. Velon reached over and grabbed an apple off the counter and stalked out of the bar. Watched by a solitary drunk sitting at one of the few remaining tables.
    “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!” Shintel ran across the hills chased by the barman “Go away you fat tub of lard!” she yelled back at him, he tripped over as the halfling sprinted away. He gasped for breath and walked casually back to his inn. As he walked, gasping, back towards his inn, he encountered Velon trotting in the direction he had come.
    “Ohhh, the little bugger gave me the slip,” he gasped. Velon smiled politely from under her hood and continued on her way,
    “So,” she thought to herself, “Shintel is still at large. I wonder where she is…”
    She sat down on a rocky outcrop, and surveyed the land surrounding her. The sun was already quite high in the sky, and clouds were drifting gently across the sky. The mist had cleared from the morning, trees surrounding her and she watched the tubby inn keeper disappear behind a gently rolling hills.
    “Oh look, *it’s my saviour*, staring at nothing, just like your head, full of air” ahhh Shintel, just on queue, “what are you here for, looking for me, well I don’t need you, your just a… argh!” At that moment Velon spun around as quickly as possible, and grabbed the halfling around the neck.
    “Meaning what exactly?” Growled Velon.
    “So, you wanna play hard, ehh” taunted Shintel.
    “And what if I do”
    Shintel choked aloud, to cover up the fact that she was silently with drawing her now rusty kitchen knife.
    “Bye bye…” Velon looked strangely at Shintel, what was she talking about? Velon noticed the fact that Shintel was smiling too late. Shintel made a clumsy strike at Velon’s wrist, but the Drow was quick and managed to shove Shintel away from her. But the knife still managed to slash at the Drow, leaving a deep red line across the ebony skin on Velon’s hand. Velon screamed and Shintel landed heavily on the muddy ground from where the surprisingly powerful Drow had shoved her. Velon looked down at her hand blood dribbling slowly from the wound. As Shintel tried to scramble up, Velon ran over to where the halfling was beginning to stand up. Shintel stared at Velon’s fist travelling towards her own nose. Velon’s hand stung as it came into contact with bridge of the halfling’s nose. Shintel stumbled backwards, making a feeble slash at Velons face. Blood dribbled from Shintel’s oddly angled nose. Shintel gasped and backed away, she jumped up suddenly and leapt at Velon who was surprised at the sudden attack, Shintel hacking away at Velon’s legs. Her blood was dripping out of hundreds of cuts over her skin. Velon shrieked aloud, piercing the woodlands surrounding, birds flew up and out of the trees. Shintel stumbled backwards, Velon’s skin started to glow as she mumbled some strange language under her breath,
    “Rath gad janid cor…” She whispered.
    “Ha hah, you don’t scare me, stupid ass” shouted Shintel before she starts to charge Velon. Rushing forward with knife pointed forward, her bloodied and broken nose leading the way. Velon’s skin was going from black to a pale, dark, blue. Finally Velon finished her mumbling, her skin flashed impressively between blues and blacks. Shintel was getting closer, and closer… Velon heaved over, the knife pierced her skin, through her flashing body and into her stomach, silence. Shintel grinned as she reached out to pull the dagger from Velons’ gut. Shintel pulled, her face fell as she drew it out, it hadn’t left a scratch. Shintel glared at Velon
    “You! What have you done!” Velon smirked
    “I have done nothing, only using my lineage, we do have certain, advantages, us Drow.” Velon shrugged “Can’t take it?” Shintel was shaking with rage while Velon merely acted cool and collected. Shintel screamed with rage.
    “Now I know why your family disowned you!” Velon snapped
    “What… did… you… say?” Shintel gulped
    “I-I said, um, Y-your f-family mumble mumblemumblemumble…” Velon clenched her fists and counted to ten but still she felt her blood boil, red clouded her vision as she lost herself to a rage. Shintel screamed as Velons’ dagger wove through the air and into her throat. Shintel tried to scream but it trailed off as instead, blood dribbled through her mouth, and down her chest. Velon stopped and went rigid as the rage subsided, Shintels limp body was strewn across the grass, her eyes were bulging and blood was dripping out of her mouth and various other cuts and amputations, Velon dropped her dagger and backed into a tall tree
    “You’ll never escape from the guilt.” a voice rang down from the tree above.

6. Very violent story.Very good but in the first two part's the story revolved around he hafling instead of velon.

7. 8people

Media:
    Yeah, the fact that Shintel plays a big part is because Frostbite liked her, that's probably why I killed her off :grin: anyway, here's more:

“You’ll never escape from the guilt.” a voice rang down from the tree above, it was almost a hiss, Velon looked up into the eyes of a Snake Miz, a half snake half human. The snake-woman slithered down the trunk beside Velon, she had red eyes and had scaly skin that changed colour depending on the light, at the moment most of them were blue-green but some were an orange colour. The person had long, scaly, orange hair and no lips. The snake smiled cruelly. Velon scooped up her dagger and ran. Velon stopped in the middle of a wood and pulled up her hood, wiped her dagger on the grass and then tucked it into the bottom of her pack. Stop! Velon could sense powerful magic being used she looked around but couldn’t see or sense anything, Velon put her pack under a nearby bush and ventured forward a few paces, she could sense that the magic was centred here, there was a high pitched squeak as five people materialised surrounding her, they were all armed and looked extremely fierce and angry. After getting their bearings they noticed Velon, evil grins appeared on four of their faces as they stalked forward to attack
    “if only I had my weapon” Velon thought, she suddenly realised how tired and hungry she was, and that she was probably doomed for the abyssal realms if she died here, which was extremely likely, she concluded. The four advanced further, though the fifth stood back
    “Er, Krogen?” one of the members turned round, the Dwarf.
    “What d’ya want?” the Dwarf snarled at his addresser
    “Do… do you think you should attack her? She is unarmed and it really is an evil thing to do.” Krogen growled
    “You joined this evil party, you like killin’ and yer puttin’ yer fancy morals in the blood of a Drow Elf! For cryin’ oot loud! Make up yer mind! Ya wanna kill the dark one, or shall we?” The dwarf turned to attack with the others
    “No, I will not attack.” he went and stood in front of Velon, he was very tall, even for a human, Velon hid behind him feeling her luck had considerably changed.
    “You protect the quarry, you die with the quarry!” The enemy troops launched forward at Velons saviour though, to surprise to them all the Human was soon cleaning their blood off his sword, his fast fury and speedy attacks made short work of the Dwarf and his crew the Human turned and spoke to Velon
    “Hi, my name is Drethyl, I didn’t know they were evil, honest! I travelled with them for a few months before we encountered a wizard, the others were so intent on killing for gold that they started combating him, before we know it he teleports us to another plane! By the way which plane are we on, and are you ok?” Velon merely stood and blinked
    “I… am fine, we… are in Kinstorfen, how do I know I can trust you? I have just ended up killing my best friend, she was a backstabber, are you a Human? We don’t get many, well hardly any, in this plane.” Velon was surprised be her curiosity.
    “Yes, I am a human, I am sorry about them, I… I am sorry… but, I suppose, um, I suppose, you couldn’t send me back?”
    “No.”
    “Oh, ok, in that case,” Uh-oh, he’s going to get dramatic, thought Velon “I shall accompany you on your travels!” I knew it! Thought Velon. Velon and Drethyl walked silently through the woods, Velon had re-equipt herself still a bit shaken from the teleporting party.
    “Halt! Who goes there?” Velon jumped as Drethyl talked up into a tree, she stood next to him and looked up, the Snake Miz was smiling down at them.

Keep replying and violence, gore and bad spelling are curtesy of Frostbite (though I admit the computer keyboard is cr*ppy)

8. I suggest that you make them run into something powerfull like a giant were you can make an exiting battle scene with lots of gore!(Prefrebly a dragon)

9. 8people

Media:
    “So, the Drow has found company has, she?” the Snake came down and stood in front of them, “Well, well, well, a human in Kinstorfen, though I’m to talk I am from farther away, so Drow, how many companions are you hoping to get, hmm?” Velon glared, was this creature going to follow her?
    “I shall have who I please.” Velon growled, the Snake Miz smiled
    “Do you wish me?” she quizzed Velon took a step back in surprise
    “I… don’t… know!” The snake nodded
    “My name is Florin, I am an Assassin of great renown, I shall join you, I am not a backstabber like little Shintel back there, nor am I supposed to be an ally I have been hired by the Drow to murder you, though my senses tell me to do otherwise, therefore, I am sacrificing a huge fortune to travel with you, so you better appreciate it!”
    Velon and Drethyl looked bewildered, Florin drew a large scimitar “Or, I could kill you where you stand…”
    “No! I mean, no… it’s alright you can travel with us.” Florin smiled
    “Good, I’ve just cleaned my blade anyway.” Velon followed cautiously behind Florin, Drethyl was standing beside her, though slightly in front. Eventually he spoke
    “So, Florin, you are an Assassin, right? Why have the Drow hired you to kill, Velon?” Velon gave a start, damn, she thought, my cover will be blown! Florin blinked
    “To be honest, I don’t truly know, Velon” Velon froze, what would she say?
    “I… I went against Drow law, I helped a slave escape, and I escaped with them.” Drethyl looked around
    “Where are they?”
    “Who?”
    “The slave, of course” Velons eyes flickered towards Florin, who smiled at her
    “I think I can tell you” she said
    “Shintel was afflicted with a Vampires bite, but as it wasn’t a deadly or vampiric, it sent her over the edge, so to speak, she was already quite mad though. That is why she attacked you, and your Drow nature blew at her insulting you, and your family” Drethyl looked from Velon to Florin slightly confused
    “So… you saved some mad person and then they got bitten by a vampire and attacked you, so you killed them, in anger and defence, correct?” Velon nodded, that just about summed it up. Drethyl looked curiously up at Florin
    “How do we know we can trust you, you seem very bitchy and not at all nice.”
    Florin hissed as she lifted him up by his collar
    “Do *not* anger Me.” she threw him to the floor. Drethyl stood up and reached for his sword “DO NOT DARE MOVE!” Florins’ hair came up like a cobras’ hood, her legs moulded together into a tail and her face moved into an expression of sheer rage, she lashed out with her tail, wrapping it around Drethyl then throwing him against a tree. Slowly she morphed back, Drethyl lay looking up at a squirrel chittering above him. *Thunk*
    “Ow!” Drethyl rubbed his forehead were the acorn had hit him. He sat up and looked at Velon, who had hidden her face with her hood. Florin had calmed down and was standing with a mouse tail hanging out her mouth, Drethyl decided, he hated snakes.

10. Very nice story.You can do alot better and why aren't you continuing Baldure' gate high school?

11. 8people

Media:
    He sheathed his sword, before stumbling upright while rubbing his forehead. Muttering under his breath “grumble grumble. Damn snakes,…”
    He lent back against the tree, *thunk* Drethyl swore as a small object, travelling at high speed, ricocheted off his throbbing skull. A menacing “Chitter,” echoed through the woodland…
    “Little gits!” he yelled into the tree, a flurry of grey chattered menacingly through the boughs. Velon smirked
    “Getting annoyed , Drethyl?”
    “No! I am NOT getting annoyed” replied Drethyl angrily. “Just, don’t like the way squirrels target me” Velon sneered
    “They know who the outsiders are, they don’t like them, neither do most residents here.” Drethyl gulped,
    “are there many humans here?” Velon held up some fingers
    “Seven? Oh, were there more?” Velon nodded
    “Thirteen, but as I said, the residents here don’t like outsiders.” gulp.
    “Well, I’ve decided that I don’t like it here…”
    “Then, do you mind if I ask *how* you are planning to get back to, what ever plane your from?” asked Florin slyly
    “I… I… How am I supposed to know, damn you!” Florin looked startled
    “Only asking.” she said quietly, Velon noticed that she looked disheartened. As long as she didn’t turn on them.

They walked on for several days without cause they passed the Elven town of Sentuar due to Velon, Elves and Drow are ancient enemies. Drethyl packed up the last tent before turning to the others
    “Did you hear something last night?” Florin jumped.
    “I… think so, probably just dreaming, you too, Drethyl.” Velon could tell how nervous she was
    “I heard nothing, Drethyl, lets leave it at that, hmm?.” Drethyl shrugged
    “Fine, but don’t blame me if a creature attacks us at night!” Drethyl had noticed how Velons speech had improved since he found her, she must have noticed too as she was speaking to people more, she often left it to Drethyl or Florin but was eventually coming out of her shell, so to speak. Velon sighed, they were entering a highly populated area of Kinstorfen, an area called ‘The Capital County’ where most races got along living together, almost, the County was almost divided into two, the North-Western part and the South-Eastern part. They were called accordingly: The Fair Norths and the Brutal Sotherns. Good races tended to live in the North while the Evil kept to the South. Velon was approaching by the south, they would first encounter the village of Tarag. Florin examined the map
    “After Tarag we’ll encounter Fort Tourem, continue North to Simembia and we’ll reach the North of the County.” She folded up the map and looked at the others “Well? What are we waiting for?” They set off towards Tarag.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.