1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Velvet Revolver

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Aldazar, May 27, 2004.

1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Now, it's obvious that Slash, Duff McKagan and Scott Weiland are in there, but who the heck are the other two guys? And are they as good as the inherent potential that comes with Weiland McKagan and Slash? Saw them on that horrid Letterman show last night.

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Well, it certainly has the spirit of G'N'R. I'm going to hold off judgment until I hear the music, but at least Axl isn't around with his crack addicts to screw it up.

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The drummer is Matt Sorum, formerly of the Cult and GnR's 2nd drummer, and the other guy is the guitarist from Suicidal Tendencies (can't remember his name).

Absolutely kick ass rock and roll...and it's been needed. Screw Axle...the best parts of GnR are alive and well.

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I saw this bad on MTV the other day (Slither is the video, iirc) and they ROCK. I am definitely looking forward to their soon-to-be-released album. Talk about a "supergroup" - they've got the sound and the sweat of both GnR and STP, and it looks like a fantastic mix.

As Slash said in an interview: Guitar Solos are BACK!

\m/

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I did hear the first single yesterday and it was really cool oldschool rock!

Keep banging those heads!

6. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Sleep are you talking about set me free from the hulk soundtrack or slither? they both kick a$$, but i'm just wondering.

7. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

velvet revolvers are going to live up to all the hype imo, if slither and set me free are any example of what the rest of their stuff will be like. A friend on mine went to their concert in KC and said every moment of it was oldschool hardcore rock and that he loved every song he heard.

8. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

If that's Matt Sorum, then I guess I'll just have to look again, it looked very little like I recall him. Not that I'm doubting you DR, it just reminds me of how long it's really been since I saw them. And definitely good riddance to Axl, his vocals may have fitted in well with the band's sound but it had become pretty damn obvious it was his fault that they disappeared off the radar.

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I picked up the cd this week...It's pretty damn good!!! Let's just all hope Weiland can stay off the drugs long enough to get a second album. I've always wondered: He is talented, but is he talented because of the drugs?

10. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The only CD I found was already reserved...so I threatened to eat the man's family.

With that aside, I heard Slither, and it was awesome, an I think that Dave Kushner, the 2nd guitarist goes well with Slash, partly because his style is similar to Izzy's, and that the two use to play together in highschool.

11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I picked up the CD today, and not a single song disappoints. The whole album is brilliant.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.